Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange creature

denensita

Hello to everyone! Before I start explaining the story, i want to apologies for the mistakes I'm going to make because english is not my native language.

I'm from Bulgaria and I live In a very small town. So I've been with my boyfriend for tree years now and I can assure you that he has some strange things going on in his life. It took him that long to tell the story I'm writing now. It had happend twenty years ago when he was six. He told me that It was almost dawn and he was alone at home. He was on the terrace and he was looking at the sea when he saw a creature at the shore. It was looking like this: blue-green skin, short legs and hands (hands were hairy), very big head and ears, and big red eyes which were looking at him. He told me that after he saw his eyes he got scared and he hide but he was curious as well so he looked again and the creature was pacing around the shore and suddenly disappeared in a small crevice in a rock. He had never saw that creature again but he told me that he went to the rock every year at the same day he saw the creature and at the rock there were snakes. Two years ago a man jumped from the same rock into the sea and died. My boyfriend is having strange dreams which actually happen.

So that's the story. I'm writing this because my boyfriend doesn't know english. If anyone can tell something about this creature we would really appreciate it.Thank You!

• Like 2

SIx year old's have active imaginations... and after 20 years it is possible that the story got exaggerated.

• Like 1

Well first of all thank you for replying to my topic! I don't think that he made up the story or he exaggerated because after this happened he told his parents and they didn't believe him. I asked them what they remember and they told me the exact same thing as my boyfriend. And he was alone at home because 20 years ago in Bulgaria there was no other way to be at home if you were a child. Either you go working with you parents оn the fields or stay alone at home . People were really poor and they needed money that's why they did that.

I don't want you to believe the story i just want someone to tell me what that might be, please...It's really important to me.

Hi denensita,

Welcome to UM. Can you provide more details? You said that he saw the creature at the shore. Is that a lake or a sea? You also said that he would go back on the same day each year and he would see snakes under the rock. What day was this? Was it in the summer? What dreams does your boyfriend have? Are they related to this green creature?

Sorry it's the only thing that springs to mind, most likely not right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunyip

I'd say if it wasn't an overactive imagination which it could have been, hm maybe the prophetic dreams are a coincidence, or maybe its an

ability he has had for a long time that has been untapped and he saw some kind of spirit of nature or something all those years ago. Then again I saw some pretty scary things when I was a kid, my imagination running wild though in my case.

Edited by Blueguardian

While i still hold strong to my thoughts that the creature in question is nothing more than the results of an overactive imagination of a 6 year old... i did manage to find these descriptions of mythical creatures that are said to reside near water...

Topielec (plural Topielce), Vodník or Utopiec is a name applied to Slavic spirits of water. The topielce are spirits of human souls that died drowning, residing in the element of their own demise. They are responsible for sucking people into swamps and lakes as well as killing the animals standing near the still waters.

here is this one as well

In Slavic Mythology vodyanoy is a male water spirit. Vodyanoy is said to appear as a naked old man with a greenish beard and long hair, with his body covered in algae and muck, usually covered in black fish scales. He has webbed paws instead of hands, a fish's tail, eyes that burn like red-hot coals. He usually rides along his river on a half-sunk log, making loud splashes. Consequently, he is often dubbed "grandfather" or "forefather" by the local people. Local drownings are said to be the work of the vodyanoy

If your boyfriend wasn't hallucinating, and what he saw wasn't spirit, he could be witness of random песоглавци sighting. There are posts on the cryptozooids on this forum, you can visit and check out :

Unexplained Mysteries → Cryptozoology, Myths and Legends

Hello to everyone! Before I start explaining the story, i want to apologies for the mistakes I'm going to make because english is not my native language.

I'm from Bulgaria and I live In a very small town. So I've been with my boyfriend for tree years now and I can assure you that he has some strange things going on in his life. It took him that long to tell the story I'm writing now. It had happend twenty years ago when he was six. He told me that It was almost dawn and he was alone at home. He was on the terrace and he was looking at the sea when he saw a creature at the shore. It was looking like this: blue-green skin, short legs and hands (hands were hairy), very big head and ears, and big red eyes which were looking at him. He told me that after he saw his eyes he got scared and he hide but he was curious as well so he looked again and the creature was pacing around the shore and suddenly disappeared in a small crevice in a rock. He had never saw that creature again but he told me that he went to the rock every year at the same day he saw the creature and at the rock there were snakes. Two years ago a man jumped from the same rock into the sea and died. My boyfriend is having strange dreams which actually happen.

So that's the story. I'm writing this because my boyfriend doesn't know english. If anyone can tell something about this creature we would really appreciate it.Thank You!

Thanks for sharing! I believe him and think that he saw a female cryptid, characterised by the big red eyes. See here Two Legged Dogman Experiences Database
  • Like 1

Thanks for sharing! I believe him and think that he saw a female cryptid, characterised by the big red eyes. See here Two Legged Dogman Experiences Database

I am trying to follow along here.. you are saying that what he saw was a blue-green skinned dogman .. and that based on the red eyes it was a female? How does one even know that red eyes equates to females? Its not like one of these things have been captured and/or studied before. ...

I am trying to follow along here.. you are saying that what he saw was a blue-green skinned dogman .. and that based on the red eyes it was a female? How does one even know that red eyes equates to females? Its not like one of these things have been captured and/or studied before. ...

It's from the number of similar cases which have the same characteristics. It's the technique used by anthropologists to determine that white-skinned cryptids actually exist on the island of New Guinea for example.

hang on, I didn't thik that eye colour was something governee by sexuality - I thought it was a genetic trait based on genes from both parents - ie me and my sister could both have blue eyes not my sister has blue eyes because she's female.

• Like 1

Was it wearing a bikini or trunks?

LoL! Would you be more inclined to know what this creature is, if its in a bikini? :D

• Like 1

hang on, I didn't thik that eye colour was something governee by sexuality - I thought it was a genetic trait based on genes from both parents - ie me and my sister could both have blue eyes not my sister has blue eyes because she's female.

In my readings after coming across and raising a few box turtles, i have found that it is possible to sex box turtles based on the color of their eyes with males having red/orange eyes and females having light brown eyes. Spotted turtles have the opposite coloration, females have red/orange and males have light brown.

It's from the number of similar cases which have the same characteristics. It's the technique used by anthropologists to determine that white-skinned cryptids actually exist on the island of New Guinea for example.

Which cases(site please) ...never knew anthropologists were studying cryptids. Would like to see some evidence of this claim ...im sure if there are journal articles if this is claim is true.

Reading the OP it reminded me of this thread.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=174915&hl= green man sydney park&st=0

Not exactly the same discription (i.e the ears) but it is a "sighting" of a green humanoid. Although most people, it seems (myself included) believe that the attached sighting was made up.

In my readings after coming across and raising a few box turtles, i have found that it is possible to sex box turtles based on the color of their eyes

Thats all well and good, you can sex budgies on the colour of their "nose"(too lazy to find out right name), but thats budgies and turtles, not some biped that was spotted by a 6 year old 14 years ago by a lake.

Could the op tell us if there is any high schools nearby or water parks/fun fairs? Im sensing a scooby doo storyline.

As for the snakes, have you checked under other rocks? Have you checked the same rock at different days? It may be a perfect location for them to hibernate for the winter hence the congregation of them there on a yearly basis, or it could just be a snake pub.

Think its unfair for people to jump to the conclusion that its a female 2 legged dog person who may or may not be gender confused.