Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Toronto Ghost Hunters PLS Read


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    Nanometer

Nanometer

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined:08 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto ON Canada

  • Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius to move in the opposite direction.

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:04 AM

Hi all, I just joined and have been using the search for Toronto based groups or individuals.
I am an inventor looking to test equipment never used in paranormal research before.

All I can say publicly is that I run a small business from home, designing all the way down
to manufacture dealing with lasers.

I have spent a lot of time recently developing unique equipment specific to paranormal research
and am looking for a group or individuals to tag along with while I test it out.

If anyone is from the Toronto area, knows of good locations and goes quite often to known locations,
please let me know in this thread or by private message if preferred.

Points of interest for me are 'shadow people' and areas which sightings or good EVP's have
been captured.

My goal is to take the level of technology to the next level.

Looking forward to your replies, and thanks for reading :)

Joe.


#2    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

    ☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

  • 14,289 posts
  • Joined:11 Jan 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:I forgot...

  • ☆彡

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:18 AM

U of T apparently has tons of ghosts

iheartsugarbear

#3    Nanometer

Nanometer

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined:08 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto ON Canada

  • Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius to move in the opposite direction.

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:16 PM

Ive heard that... I also heard about the amateurs who went up on the r00f..
Im looking primarily for locations that are accessible by the general public
at the wee hours..

Some of the equipment ill be testing is for audio, so a quiet area with few
people is ideal. I was thinking of trying a cemetery, but would probably get
arrested lol... something I wish to avoid ;)


#4    shadowlark

shadowlark

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Joined:17 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Edmonton

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:31 PM

You could try checking out the Haunted Hamilton website. They have quite a few ghost walks in the Hamilton area through out the year, and are having a bus trip to the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum in Weston, West Virginia on March 19. There are a few seats left for the bus trip. Might be worth looking into. Haunted Hamilton Web Site


#5    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

    ☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

  • 14,289 posts
  • Joined:11 Jan 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:I forgot...

  • ☆彡

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:55 PM

View PostNanometer, on 08 March 2011 - 12:16 PM, said:

I was thinking of trying a cemetery, but would probably get
arrested lol... something I wish to avoid ;)


Try St. John's of Norway at Woodbine & Kingston Rd. It is very old, spooky and I believe that the gates are open.

iheartsugarbear

#6    Nanometer

Nanometer

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined:08 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto ON Canada

  • Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius to move in the opposite direction.

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:29 PM

View Postshadowlark, on 08 March 2011 - 07:31 PM, said:

You could try checking out the Haunted Hamilton website. They have quite a few ghost walks in the Hamilton area through out the year, and are having a bus trip to the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum in Weston, West Virginia on March 19. There are a few seats left for the bus trip. Might be worth looking into. Haunted Hamilton Web Site


I would like to start locally so I can make changes, and have access to my shop etc... Eventually I would like
to travel to the US and see some of the amazing sites which ive seen on ghosthunters. Specifically the lighthouse
in Florida. Cant recall the name but would like to go there. I will check that website, thanks for the link :)

View PostDaughter of the Nine Moons, on 08 March 2011 - 07:55 PM, said:

Try St. John's of Norway at Woodbine & Kingston Rd. It is very old, spooky and I believe that the gates are open.


I grew up just north of there on woodbine. Do you know of anyone who has encountered anything there like
an EVP?

I go out to the ghost light in Port Perry in the spring when the road is empty. In the summer its packed
with drunken teenagers, but a perfect setting otherwise. A bit far but worth it. The graveyards in the country are also
looking like a good place.. very creepy. I just hate the drive and always forget something  :no:


#7    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

    ☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

  • 14,289 posts
  • Joined:11 Jan 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:I forgot...

  • ☆彡

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:44 AM

View PostNanometer, on 08 March 2011 - 09:29 PM, said:


I grew up just north of there on woodbine. Do you know of anyone who has encountered anything there like
an EVP?

Small world, I lived just south of there for years. That was the spookiest place that popped to mind but nobody that I know ever saw a ghost there.

Some other places pop to mind. I've heard of ghosts at Todmorden Mills off of Pottery Rd or the old abandoned Whitby Psychiatric Hospital which is incredibly spooky. The old Don Jail and Old City Hall

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons, 09 March 2011 - 12:46 AM.

iheartsugarbear

#8    Nanometer

Nanometer

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined:08 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto ON Canada

  • Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius to move in the opposite direction.

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:53 AM

View PostDaughter of the Nine Moons, on 09 March 2011 - 12:44 AM, said:

Small world, I lived just south of there for years. That was the spookiest place that popped to mind but nobody that I know ever saw a ghost there.

Some other places pop to mind. I've heard of ghosts at Todmorden Mills off of Pottery Rd or the old abandoned Whitby Psychiatric Hospital which is incredibly spooky. The old Don Jail and Old City Hall


The link for whitby looks cool. That is one to keep in mind.

LOL, never thought of todmorden mills. Lived here all my life and didnt think of that one.
Location is perfect and is a nice and open.. I dont think they even have security there
which eliminates hassle. Think the last time I was there, I was 7 or 8 on a school trip.
Man im getting old :wacko:

Back in the day, I used to work at McMichael Art Gallery in Woodbridge. I really wish
I still had access to that place. It was the original log cabin for the artists known
as the Group Of Seven.

I worked nights with only one other person in the bldg. Some of the stories that come out
of that place are just plain crazy... I left after the 3rd 'incident' lol.


#9    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

    ☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

  • 14,289 posts
  • Joined:11 Jan 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:I forgot...

  • ☆彡

Posted 10 March 2011 - 03:54 AM

View PostNanometer, on 09 March 2011 - 07:53 AM, said:

LOL, never thought of todmorden mills. Lived here all my life and didnt think of that one.
Location is perfect and is a nice and open.. I dont think they even have security there
which eliminates hassle. Think the last time I was there, I was 7 or 8 on a school trip.
Man im getting old :wacko:

Bonus to going there is the Dairy Queen at the top of the road lol

Edit to add: I don't think that there is access to the general public however Bay St station has an old unused station beneath the existing one. You might want to look into that.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons, 10 March 2011 - 03:56 AM.

iheartsugarbear

#10    Nanometer

Nanometer

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined:08 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto ON Canada

  • Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius to move in the opposite direction.

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:07 AM

View PostDaughter of the Nine Moons, on 10 March 2011 - 03:54 AM, said:

Bonus to going there is the Dairy Queen at the top of the road lol

Edit to add: I don't think that there is access to the general public however Bay St station has an old unused station beneath the existing one. You might want to look into that.


Old train stations, sounds interesting... Never heard of that one..
If you know east york, I used to go to EYCI at cosburn. One thing I would love to get access to
is the WWII bunkers under the football field. There are supposed to be tunnels connecting
three large shelters under East York Collegiate, Danforth Tech, and I think monarch Park, high schools.
Last that I heard, something happened in the 90's and a student was sexually assulted at danforth tech in
an access tunnel. Rumor was they were all sealed off after that.

Dont think they'd be haunted, as far as I know they were never used for anything besides storage for the 3 schools.

Haha, cant forget the Dairy Queen.. Spent many summers bike riding with the journey ending at that very location.


#11    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

    ☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

  • 14,289 posts
  • Joined:11 Jan 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:I forgot...

  • ☆彡

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:38 PM

I know East York very well lol although I went to LHS not EYCI.

Another place that come to mind is the Guild Inn in Scarborough, however I don't know if it is even open anymore

iheartsugarbear

#12    The Lone Arranger

The Lone Arranger

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined:08 Jan 2011

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:56 AM

I just unfortunately moved home from Toronto after being at U of T for a few years.  Spent a lot of time there and I honestly never had any experiences.

Have you tried getting in contact with these guys? http://torontoghosts.org/  They seem to be one of the few established groups in the area.  They may be able to get you in touch with people if they can't help you themselves.


#13    Nanometer

Nanometer

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined:08 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto ON Canada

  • Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius to move in the opposite direction.

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:56 AM

View PostThe Lone Arranger, on 12 March 2011 - 01:56 AM, said:

I just unfortunately moved home from Toronto after being at U of T for a few years.  Spent a lot of time there and I honestly never had any experiences.

Have you tried getting in contact with these guys? http://torontoghosts.org/  They seem to be one of the few established groups in the area.  They may be able to get you in touch with people if they can't help you themselves.


I think that link was posted, going to send them an email...

Great name by the way, is that Russel Oliver inspired? :unsure2:


#14    The Lone Arranger

The Lone Arranger

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined:08 Jan 2011

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:49 PM

View PostNanometer, on 12 March 2011 - 09:56 AM, said:

I think that link was posted, going to send them an email...

Great name by the way, is that Russel Oliver inspired? :unsure2:


Occupation inspired. I'm an archivist ;)


#15    shiva shakthi

shiva shakthi

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined:12 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:34 PM

View PostNanometer, on 08 March 2011 - 02:04 AM, said:

Hi all, I just joined and have been using the search for Toronto based groups or individuals.
I am an inventor looking to test equipment never used in paranormal research before.

All I can say publicly is that I run a small business from home, designing all the way down
to manufacture dealing with lasers.

I have spent a lot of time recently developing unique equipment specific to paranormal research
and am looking for a group or individuals to tag along with while I test it out.

If anyone is from the Toronto area, knows of good locations and goes quite often to known locations,
please let me know in this thread or by private message if preferred.

Points of interest for me are 'shadow people' and areas which sightings or good EVP's have
been captured.

My goal is to take the level of technology to the next level.

Looking forward to your replies, and thanks for reading :)

Joe.
Are you still ok? :unsure:





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users