Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Loch ness monster

thecritta

Okay If Crocodiles are as old a the dinosaurs so as i have heard well then that makes them dinosaurs so how come they survived and didn't die like all the other dinosaurs. Okay the lock ness monster has been described as a dinosaur that lived

in the acean discribed as a creature called a plesiosaurus or something like that with a long neck big body and four swimmers so doesnt that make it possible that two dinosaur species could have survived, and also not to mention it probably had

the ability to travel throughout the world by swimming being able escape the catastrophic event that wiped out the dinosaurs and also note the crocodile can also swim and live in the water and most or all of the dinosaurs that walked on land where wiped out being unable to escape the atmosphere being destroyed around them seem as how if there was a giant asteroid to hit the earth animals that can fly and swim would have a greater chance of surviving than those creatures that can only walk and live on land. Birds are supposed to relatives of be the dinosaurs that could fly and evolved over many thousands of years they probably survived because they could fly, so if crocodiles are a dinosaur or descendants of dinosaurs then please explain how it could not be possible for the lock ness monster to also be dinosaur or a surviving descendant of a sea dinosaur.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mr_halo

• Deimos

• Shadowsleet

• Scarecrow669

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay If Crocodiles are as old a the dinosaurs so as i have heard well then that makes them dinosaurs so how come they survived and didn't die like all the other dinosaurs.

For a start...they're not dinosaurs tongue.gif They're reptiles that lived alongside the dinosaurs. The reason they survived when the dinosaurs didn't is probably because they were far more adaptable to the changes in environment that would wipe out its neighbours.

While on the subject, sea going reptiles weren't dinosaurs either...in fact, dinosaurs were strictly land animals, characterised by having their legs straight beneath them, instead of splayed out lto spread their weight like other reptiles do. I do, however, find it highly unlikely they survived....90% of species on the planet died alongside the dinosaurs, and it's unlikely there would be a food source abundant enough to keep large reptiles alive for very long...

The reason the crocadile was able to survive is, as I stated, its adaptibility...for a start, it can get neutrition from decomposing flesh (and there was a LOT of decomposing flesh around after the dinosaurs died tongue.gif)

I have always love hearing storys of the Loch ness monster.Ive always found it to be more creepy than a ghost story or a sighting of bigfoot.And I will always believe in the creature no matter what the proof says.

You know, maybe it's just because I'm Scottish...but I don't find the Loch Ness Monster all that creepy or mysterious at all. To me, it's just "our monster", that may or may not exist.

I do think there has to be something in the loch...but that doesn't mean it has to be a surviving animal from the mesozoic era tongue.gif Could be a lot of things quite frankly...whatever it turns out to be, it'll probably only be short of completely mundane because of its location, rather than what it is tongue.gif (a whale or something at the very most)

Monster or not though, it's still ours tongue.gif

SuperSayan is correct, dinosaur were only land animals. We suspect that the crocodile could survive what ever happened to the dinosaur because of two things, there diet they can eat almost anything from rotting flesh to a live and kicking bull, also it's there mobility, it is knowed that they will move away from area if it becomes too dangerous for there survival.

There's also the fact that it's an amphibian they are in contact with water, which reacts faster to climatic changes if we compare it to the air which can shift from warm to cold in a day. Cold water repels the crocodile, making it move closer to the equator, the sector less affected by the ice age.

there have been reports of the loch ness monster feeding on livestock..

and of the monster leaving the loch to feed/hide etc...

cool.gif

Yeah the Loch Ness Monster is probably a modern descendant of a plesiosaur. There are several different types of animals living in the lake, and the sightings may be attributed to more than one species. BTW, It's Loch with an "H" not a "K". Loch is Scottish for Lake.

Yeah the Loch Ness Monster is probably a modern descendant of a plesiosaur. There are several different types of animals living in the lake, and the sightings may be attributed to more than one species. BTW, It's Loch with an "H" not a "K". Loch is Scottish for Lake.

359191[/snapback]

indeed, its loch, not lock

i've been to loch ness so i know tongue.gif

cool.gif

^Are you just trying to boost your post count Halo? tongue.gif

359213[/snapback]

not at all i'm just contributing to my favourite part of the forum...

and replying to the message you just wrote....

*is polite*

cool.gif

You know, I've been to loch Ness too...spent a week living up there in a little cabin...and I've got an incredible story to share!

I saw a huge bird!

And stuff tongue.gif

You know, I've been to loch Ness too...spent a week living up there in a little cabin...and I've got an incredible story to share!

I saw a huge bird!

And stuff tongue.gif

359221[/snapback]

well that sure sounds like a hoot

i bet you'll be rushing back there as soon as possible

not much happened when i went either, no monster showed itself...

cool.gif

You know, maybe it's just because I'm Scottish...but I don't find the Loch Ness Monster all that creepy or mysterious at all. To me, it's just "our monster", that may or may not exist.

I do think there has to be something in the loch...but that doesn't mean it has to be a surviving animal from the mesozoic era tongue.gif Could be a lot of things quite frankly...whatever it turns out to be, it'll probably only be short of completely mundane because of its location, rather than what it is tongue.gif (a whale or something at the very most)

Monster or not though, it's still ours tongue.gif

358583[/snapback]

Wow, go ahead and keep your sturgeons you call "The Lock Ness Monster".

Well, what's to say that the Lochness aint real? I mean, with aquatic life, there's no way to tell. I think the monster is real, because we have no way of knowing what lives in the ocean. I mean, scientist say "prove that it exists." Well I say, "disprove it." And science can't. I mean, there is no way of knowing what live down there as to where science can be 100% certain. I mean, all I gotta say is Coelacanth.

^ Couldn't agree with you more. and most people don't know that there are tunnels in Loch Ness that open into the ocean

Has anyone Heared of the movie coming out soon called The Insedent at Loch Ness?Its like a Blair witch type Documenty film But with some Real footage mix in Also.

Has anyone Heared of the movie coming out soon called The Insedent at Loch Ness?Its like a Blair witch type Documenty film But with some Real footage mix in  Also.

361594[/snapback]

One word: Herzog.

Regarding the tunnels opening into the ocean...has that been proven? I know there was some speculation about it, but I haven't heard the final word.

Regarding the tunnels opening into the ocean...has that been proven?  I know there was some speculation about it, but I haven't heard the final word.

361993[/snapback]

well i remember hearing about these tunnels, but i'm yet to find any information that backs these claims up, can anyone help?

cool.gif

Regarding the tunnels opening into the ocean...has that been proven?  I know there was some speculation about it, but I haven't heard the final word.

361993[/snapback]

well i remember hearing about these tunnels, but i'm yet to find any information that backs these claims up, can anyone help?

cool.gif

362386[/snapback]

If it opened to the ocean, wouldn't that make it a salt water lake? Is salt water in Lock Ness? Before you start making claims, trying backing up what you're saying and not go off speculation. You know, I once heard Elvis was seen at a truck stop 12 miles from my cousin's house in Athens, Al, dunt make it true.

Disprove it? The whole point of Loch Ness was a photographer who made a horrible fake photo of a supposed "monster" in Loch Ness that any retard with two functioning eyes could see was a fake, and he did it all for marginal gain and since then sleazy entrepeneurs have followed the same path by feeding of the weak minds of tourist and people abroad. Is there any way to prove that a small pact of sea-going creature could survive for so many years in such a small environment? Same goes for bigfoot and yeti. There have been numerous sonar test to find this monster and the lake has been combed as well to find it. What sickens me is the people out to prove it exist write off their investigations which prove their ignorance so easily by saying, "Well, we don't know that it's not there but it could be." Yes, well, if that is true, maybe Jurassic Park exist because no one can disprove it or prove it.

361993[/snapback]

cool.gif

362386[/snapback]

If it opened to the ocean, wouldn't that make it a salt water lake? Is salt water in Lock Ness? Before you start making claims, trying backing up what you're saying and not go off speculation. You know, I once heard Elvis was seen at a truck stop 12 miles from my cousin's house in Athens, Al, dunt make it true.

362452[/snapback]

This is from a site:

"Core samples have been taken which have reached the glacial clays.

During the last advance of ice Loch Ness may not have been a solid block, but would certainly have contained a substantial glacier.

For a long time it was thought that seawater must have entered the loch after the last ice age and that was how Nessie got in. Unfortunately this convenient theory (one I used to champion) has been quashed by the fact that there are no marine diatoms in the loch's sediments so there was never a saltwater incursion after the ice age. Because the only way into the loch for any aquatic creature would have been from the sea after the last ice age via the River Ness, it is now known that the monster, if there is one, could not be an invertebrate or amphibian because neither of those could make the sudden transition from salt to fresh water.

If the monster were a mammal the intensive surface surveillance would have solved the mystery in the sixties because mammals breath air and must surface regularly. The low ambient temperature of Loch Ness rules out cold-blooded reptiles as the identity of the monster. Warm-blooded reptiles, if they existed at all, would have needed to surface as regularly as mammals and the identity would have been solved long ago. What does that leave? Either fish or paranormal occurrences!"

Source!

Disprove it? The whole point of Loch Ness was a photographer who made a horrible fake photo of a supposed "monster" in Loch Ness that any retard with two functioning eyes could see was a fake, and he did it all for marginal gain and since then sleazy entrepeneurs have followed the same path by feeding of the weak minds of tourist and people abroad. Is there any way to prove that a small pact of sea-going creature could survive for so many years in such a small environment? Same goes for bigfoot and yeti. There have been numerous sonar test to find this monster and the lake has been combed as well to find it. What sickens me is the people out to prove it exist write off their investigations which prove their ignorance so easily by saying, "Well, we don't know that it's not there but it could be." Yes, well, if that is true, maybe Jurassic Park exist because no one can disprove it or prove it.

That could be very likely. Have a look at the video on this site.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just an atricle with some information:

"There have been many sightings of the Loch Ness monster over the years, but so far nobody has been able to prove that there really is a huge sea monster in the deep, murky lake.

Some people believe that Nessie could be a type of Plesiosaur. These were large, meat-eating sea reptiles that lived many millions of years ago and that scientists believe are extinct.

Others believe that if there even is a creature in the lake, it can't be a Plesiosaur (or even a close cousin) and must be an eel or maybe a turtle.

So, when Mr McSorley's fossil turned out to be a Plesiosaur bone from about 150 million years ago, it was very exciting. Could this be proof that Loch Ness was home to families of Plesiosaurs millions of years ago?

Sadly, it seems not. Dr Lyall Anderson, a curator from the National Museum in Edinburgh examined the fossil. He doesn't think it is originally from Loch Ness. Speaking to Show.me.uk he said:

"I believe Mr McSorley found the fossil there in good faith, but I know it came from somewhere else."

The fossil has many tiny holes in it caused by little sea sponges, salt water and limestone on the seashore. This tells us it has spent a very long time in salt water. How it got to the fresh water of Loch Ness is a mystery. Source!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Info on Loch Ness:

Loch Ness (from Gaelic Loch Nis) is a large, deep freshwater lake (known in Scotland it runs some 100 kilometres in an North-east to South-west direction. Only one third of the entire length is man-made, the rest being formed by Loch Dochfour, Loch Ness, Loch Oich, and Loch Lochy. These lochs are part of the Great Glen, a geological fault in the Earth's crust. There are 29 locks, four aqueducts and 10 bridges in the course of the canal.

Edited by Diebytheflyguy

Yes, I truly hate, hate to admit it, but I doubt there is anything of much paranormal interest in the Loch. Nothing like a pleisiosaur or dinosaur could have made its way in (since the Loch wasn't formed until after the last Ice Age), nor could really anything of significant size be able to have a breeding population there undetected. sad.gif

Too bad, this was one of my very favorite 'unsolved mysteries' as a kid. crying.gif