Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mega Birds Fly Across The Full Moon Footage

NatureBoff

I hate people who make youtube videos of watching a youtube video.

• Like 3

So what we see? A faintish out-of-focus blob that's supposed to be a bat??

I think I need more booze.

• Like 1

Is this a way of protecting the credibility? Why can't we just have the YouTube link? It'll be much easier to see.....

Here's the actual video:

And yes, I agree, it is a bat flying in front of the moon.

What's the big mystery? Not sure why we need a 13 minute video to describe a 12 second clip.

Edited by Rafterman

Yup. Bat :)

I like the comment below this one (the one in capitals):

It's a moouse pointer !!

Edited by Abramelin

Here's the actual video:

And yes, I agree, it is a bat flying in front of the moon.

What's the big mystery? Not sure why we need a 13 minute video to describe a 12 second clip.

It's because the same thing is seen all over the globe at around the same time. Watch the clip in full. There's one from Russia etc. This rules out the 'bat theory'.

It's because the same thing is seen all over the globe at around the same time. Watch the clip in full. There's one from Russia etc. This rules out the 'bat theory'.

First of all the moon is not visible at the same time all over the world so that rules out the above theory.

Secondly, Russia has bats too :)

The comment form English nails it - the moon isn't visible at the same time around the world.

And, yes, there are bats on every continent except Antarctica. So seeing one flying across the moon when it is visible in the night sky in your neck of the woods is quite possible.

Not to mention, as birds and flying creatures get larger, their wing speed SLOWS DOWN. A giant whatever would be unable to move its wings at the speeds represented in the video.

The comment form English nails it - the moon isn't visible at the same time around the world.

And, yes, there are bats on every continent except Antarctica. So seeing one flying across the moon when it is visible in the night sky in your neck of the woods is quite possible.

Not to mention, as birds and flying creatures get larger, their wing speed SLOWS DOWN. A giant whatever would be unable to move its wings at the speeds represented in the video.

No, no, no. I'm saying mega birds fly with their wings outstretched and use their webbed feet for propulsion. It's a bit of a coincidence that all six or so videos show a bat moving at incredible speed in a constant straight line isn't it?

The most likely regular answer is that it's the GRACE pair of satellites which have been launched in 2002 to measure the detailed gravity of the Moon or something similar.

I just saw this one from 2009

Edited by tailormaneinafog

Meh, Charles Fort has that beat by a century. He's found articles about crows on the moon and cranes crossing the sun.

Two tiny asteroids zipped close by Earth today (March 26), passing between our planet and the orbit of the moon, but posed no threat of impacting our world, NASA scientists say.

The two space rocks flew by Earth in rapid fire; one zoomed by early in the day while the second buzzed the planet at 1:09 p.m. EDT (1709 GMT), according to astronomers with NASA's Asteroid Watch program.

"Both are very small (under 10 meters) and pose no risk," the scientists wrote in a Twitter update.

The first object, called asteroid 2012 FP35, came within 96,000 miles (154,000 km) of the Earth when it passed by earlier today, the scientists wrote. Asteroid 2012 FP35 is just under 30 feet (9 meters) wide, making it about the size of a tour bus.

The second asteroid is dubbed 2012 FS35 and crept even closer to Earth, coming within 36,000 miles (58,000 km) when it whipped by the planet. Asteroid 2012 FS35 is even smaller than its predecessor; at nearly 10 feet (3 meters) wide, it's only the size of a small car.

The paths of both asteroids brought them well inside the orbit of the moon, which typically circles Earth at a distance of about 238,000 miles (382,900 km). Asteroid 2012 FP35 — the farther of the two space rocks — passed within 0.4 lunar distances to Earth, while asteroid 2012 FS35 came within 0.17 lunar distances, NASA scientists said.

The two asteroids were first detected over the weekend and quickly dismissed as potential impact threats to Earth. Their small size means they would likely not survive the fiery trip through Earth's atmosphere to reach the surface.

NASA's Asteroid Watch project is part of the agency's Near-Earth Objects program based at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif. NASA scientists and other teams of astronomers regularly scan the sky for larger, potentially dangerous asteroids in order to determine if they pose a risk of impacting the Earth.

• Like 1

I think this whole moon/bat thing is nothing but people having no idea what it is like to observe the moon through a telescope, and have bats flying through their view while watching the moon.

And I do love the person who said it was nothing but a mouse pointer, lol!

It's bull.

No, no, no. I'm saying mega birds fly with their wings outstretched and use their webbed feet for propulsion. It's a bit of a coincidence that all six or so videos show a bat moving at incredible speed in a constant straight line isn't it?

The most likely regular answer is that it's the GRACE pair of satellites which have been launched in 2002 to measure the detailed gravity of the Moon or something similar.

I just saw this one from 2009

Your first sentence is just completely absurd. Even an elementary understand of aerodynamics would tell you that wouldn't work. But let me guess, Mega Air Duck Hyrax?

As for your second, it's not only not a coincidence, but it's to be expected. If you're focused in that closely on the moon, you're only seeing a very small section of sky. Therefore if a bat or bird were to fly across that spot, them traveling in a straight line at high speed is to be expected.

Satellites don't flap.

Off-topic rant:

What is it with people who think that every goddamn thing they want to say must be in the form of a YouTube video even when it's completely inappropriate. Seriously, video footage of someone watching YouTube video footage and talking about the YouTube videos? Can't they just get a free blog account, write up what you want to say in the form of a typed article and embed the relevant YouTube videos?

We get photo evidence being shoehorned into low resolution YouTube videos with creepy music overlaid and screen after screen of text when it would be easier and more effective just to type up a damn article with the pics embedded and if necessary links to original resolution pics as they were straight from the camera. And in the OP we've got 13 minutes of someone with a hand-held camera taking video footage of video footage on a computer monitor and talking over it. Just put it in a blog I can read and link to the original YouTube videos please!

I can't help it but my immediate view of the person presenting the evidence in this way is lowered and makes me think of them as beyond amateurish in their approach.

/end rant

Edited by Archimedes

Meh, Charles Fort has that beat by a century. He's found articles about crows on the moon and cranes crossing the sun.

Very interesting. A link would have been better. I wonder why he didn't think they were bats??

Two tiny asteroids zipped close by Earth today (March 26), passing between our planet and the orbit of the moon, but posed no threat of impacting our world, NASA scientists say.

The two space rocks flew by Earth in rapid fire; one zoomed by early in the day while the second buzzed the planet at 1:09 p.m. EDT (1709 GMT), according to astronomers with NASA's Asteroid Watch program.

"Both are very small (under 10 meters) and pose no risk," the scientists wrote in a Twitter update.

The first object, called asteroid 2012 FP35, came within 96,000 miles (154,000 km) of the Earth when it passed by earlier today, the scientists wrote. Asteroid 2012 FP35 is just under 30 feet (9 meters) wide, making it about the size of a tour bus.

The second asteroid is dubbed 2012 FS35 and crept even closer to Earth, coming within 36,000 miles (58,000 km) when it whipped by the planet. Asteroid 2012 FS35 is even smaller than its predecessor; at nearly 10 feet (3 meters) wide, it's only the size of a small car.

The paths of both asteroids brought them well inside the orbit of the moon, which typically circles Earth at a distance of about 238,000 miles (382,900 km). Asteroid 2012 FP35 — the farther of the two space rocks — passed within 0.4 lunar distances to Earth, while asteroid 2012 FS35 came within 0.17 lunar distances, NASA scientists said.

The two asteroids were first detected over the weekend and quickly dismissed as potential impact threats to Earth. Their small size means they would likely not survive the fiery trip through Earth's atmosphere to reach the surface.

NASA's Asteroid Watch project is part of the agency's Near-Earth Objects program based at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif. NASA scientists and other teams of astronomers regularly scan the sky for larger, potentially dangerous asteroids in order to determine if they pose a risk of impacting the Earth.

Thanks for the info. The number of comet-like objects is far higher than the average person thinks. I also have the idea that some of the fast moving black images across the full moon might be natural satellites of 'exotic dark matter', as yet unthought of by modern science. Only until the Higgs turns out to be bollony imv will any 'out there' ideas be given any consideration what-so-ever. What's your view on the CERN experiment?

I see regular birds flying across the disc of the Moon. Some birds fly at night. Geese for one. And they fly fast if they are at any kind of height.

If these "birds" were actually flying near the Moon, they'd have have gigantic wings miles and miles long. Flapping them would require super fast travel of the many parts of the wings. The diameter of the Moon is close to 3500 miles, so a creature that is even 1/30th that diameter (as these birds appear to be), then they would have to be between around one hundred miles in wingspan. Something we clearly would see more often.

Not to mention there is nothing to eat on the Moon, and that is it in near vacuum and extremely cold.

Several types of migrating birds can get up to 30,000 feet high.

I'm saying mega birds fly with their wings outstretched and use their webbed feet for propulsion.

No no.gif

Your first sentence is just completely absurd. Even an elementary understand of aerodynamics would tell you that wouldn't work. But let me guess, Mega Air Duck Hyrax?

As for your second, it's not only not a coincidence, but it's to be expected. If you're focused in that closely on the moon, you're only seeing a very small section of sky. Therefore if a bat or bird were to fly across that spot, them traveling in a straight line at high speed is to be expected.

Satellites don't flap.

:w00t::rofl:

This thread is batty as!

I near hit the ground laughing with the "dark matter satellites" Good Lord! What is happening to crypto??

Edited by psyche101