Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flatulence-absorbing blankets on flights

Still Waters

Scientists are giving the all clear on in-flight flatulence due to health concerns while suggesting flatulence-absorbing alternatives from blankets to seat cushions for masking the smell.

In a study published in the New Zealand Medical Journal the team of British and Danish gastroenterologists warn that restraining gas could cause health problems and in the pilot's case could 'affect his abilities to control the airplane.'

http://www.dailymail...-solutions.html

• Like 2

Flatulence can vary from person to person. Its average is about 15 times per day. Doctors consider that you have problems if you have over 50 to 80.

Best thing for flatulence is diet. Often people who have big flatulence problems have allergies on some food. I suggest to everyone to check their allergies. Most allergies are on gluten and lactose. You can try at home. Be one month without gluten or without lactose and see how your body behave.

Also for health and good degistive you need to drink probiotic, prebiotic and omega 3.

And if you realy have problems with colon then 30 g of L glutamin and problem is solved.

Also I dont know who isnt released it once in public, its normal.

If you're flying Air India and they serve curry for dinner, do you qualify for two blankets?

s5180.gif

• Like 5

They could use these in the house of commons. They talk a load of flatulence.

• Like 2

Flatulence can vary from person to person. Its average is about 15 times per day. Doctors consider that you have problems if you have over 50 to 80.

Best thing for flatulence is diet. Often people who have big flatulence problems have allergies on some food. I suggest to everyone to check their allergies. Most allergies are on gluten and lactose. You can try at home. Be one month without gluten or without lactose and see how your body behave.

Also for health and good degistive you need to drink probiotic, prebiotic and omega 3.

And if you realy have problems with colon then 30 g of L glutamin and problem is solved.

Also I dont know who isnt released it once in public, its normal.

50 to 80 times a day ? I think that's grounds for divorce in some states .

:lol:

If you're flying Air India and they serve curry for dinner, do you qualify for two blankets?

s5180.gif

Or Mexico Air (literally) ,and they serve burritos .That's a tres blankets I'm sure.

I'm pretty sure they've made slacks that do this as well .Same material I assume. .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 4

I can attest to the dietary reasons for flatulence. Cokes and the like are bad for me.

• Like 1

I can attest to the dietary reasons for flatulence. Cokes and the like are bad for me.

Ah...er...I'm afraid I can't make our date at MacDonald's, m'dear - sorry! s12395.gif

50 to 80 times a day ? I think that's grounds for divorce in some states .

:lol:

I think that he/she would be arrested for negligent homicide aka unintentional poisioning of his/her partner.

But thats what would gastroenterologist told you if you came with that problems.

Edited by the L

From what I hear, if they are like most men under a blanket they will wave it to make sure you get a good wiff. :ph34r:

• Like 2

I had a flight home from Australia on which I had the worst gas ever. The flight attendants were walking way round my part of the isle. Lol.

Not proud, but it was the same on the way over. It was during the 2009 bird flu 'crisis' and we had a stopover in Singapore. Lots of asians with the facemasks. There were three in the seat behind me who took them off at the start of the flight but when I took a look round about an hour in, I had caused them to put the masks back on. :D

Not sure what it is about planes...

• Like 3

I had a flight home from Australia on which I had the worst gas ever. The flight attendants were walking way round my part of the isle. Lol.

Not proud, but it was the same on the way over. It was during the 2009 bird flu 'crisis' and we had a stopover in Singapore. Lots of asians with the facemasks. There were three in the seat behind me who took them off at the start of the flight but when I took a look round about an hour in, I had caused them to put the masks back on. :D

Not sure what it is about planes...

:w00t: Maybe it's the air pressure.

• Like 1

Aye it must be. Never had it so bad :)

It can be miserable, holding it in for hours...

• Like 1

I wonder how many they give out for Air Mexico?

You're quite right, Michelle. i did a bit of sniffing around s11917.gif on this subject and apparently, the lower air pressure in the aircraft cabin causes stomach gases to expand, and as the saying goes - the rest is history!

Standby for Ealdwita snippet.....

Speaking of history, just be thankful your doctor's name isn't Theodore Morell. He was Hitler's physician who prescribed up to 16 'Dr.Köster's Anti-gas pills' daily(containing significant amounts of strychnine), to combat his Führer's almost continuous and uncontrollable flatulence!