Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Snowden A Plant To Divide Republican Party

Clarakore

Edward Snowden is a plant to divide and destroy the Republican Party. It is one issue, security, that many Republican legislators do not question and support. Many of the party supporters, especially the Tea Party, is not going to be behind them on this, and will break ranks as a final straw as this issue propels itself and sides are taken.

Snowden was only on the job as a contractor for 3 months. He mysteriously moved out of his home on May 31.

Republican Peter King calls Snowden a defector.

U.S. Rep. Peter King, chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee's Subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence, called Snowden "a defector" who should be turned over to the United States with an eye toward harsh prosecution.

"This person is dangerous to the country," King told CNN's "Starting Point" on Monday.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/10/politics/nsa-leak/index.html

Republican Lindsey Graham is supporting the NSA.

Frequent critic of the White House Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) is defending the National Security Agency’s reported collection of millions of Americans’ phone calls, saying he’s more concerned about terrorism.

“I’m glad the NSA is trying to find out what the terrorists are up to overseas and in our country,” Graham said Thursday morning on “Fox & Friends.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/06/lindsey-graham-nsa-tracking-phones-92330.html#ixzz2VpFa8Ag6

Republican John McCain supports the NSA.

There have been criticism on the part of people like me about us not doing enough,” McCain said. “The Boston bombers obviously were communicating with people…Mr. Al-Awaki was recruiting people through the internet, and possibly through phone calls back and forth to America.”

McCain also defended the oversight of the programs.

“I believe that the FISA is an appropriate way of reviewing some of these policies. You pointed out thart almost none of the proposals of the administration had been turned down by the FISA court. That’s either because they’ve made a strong enough case, or because the FISA court is a rubber stamp.”

“Which is it?” Crowley pressed.

“I’m not entirely sure,” McCain admitted. “But I do believe that if this was September 12, 2001, we might not be having the argument that we’re having today.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/sen-mccain-defends-nsa-to-crowley-we-wouldnt-be-arguing-if-this-was-september-12-2001/

Republican Mike Rogers is calling Snowden dangerous.

ROGERS: I absolutely believe that someone did not have authorization to release this information. And why that’s so important, George, is because they didn’t have all of the information. I know your reported that you interviewed, Greenwald, says that he’s got it all and now is an expert on the program. He doesn’t have a clue how this thing works. Nether did the person who released just enough information to literally be dangerous.

I argue that there’s other methods. He could come to the committees, if they had concern. We have IGs that they can go to in a classified way if they have concern. Taking a very sensitive classified program that targets foreign person on foreign lands, and putting just enough out there to be dangerous, is dangerous to us, it’s dangerous to our national security and it violates the oath of which that person took. I absolutely think they should be prosecuted

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/06/09/patriot-act-defenders-calling-nsa-leaker-edward-snowden-prosecuted.html

This will emerge as the scandal to cannibalize the other scandals. We will no longer hear about Benghazi, IRS targeting Tea Party, the Justice Department getting AP reporters phone records....all forgotten in a flash.

This NSA thing (inducing revelation that not just Version but all phone companies and major internet providers are part of it) will remove Obama away from the partisan-based scandals.

While Democrats might be against the NSA on this they are not going to break rank and file over it, they are not paranoid over "Big Government".

The Republicans will be divided and break ranks. Paul Rand and a few other Republicans are against the rest of their party on this. The Democrats and Obama will emerge as winners next year. Snowden is a plant just for this purpose.

When this last scandal broke, where was Mr. Obama? On a two-day California fundraising trip. It’s business as usual for the campaigner-in-chief — he’s done 15 fundraisers already this year, as many as Mr. Bush did in all of 2005. As the media busies itself with scandals that ultimately will go nowhere, Mr. Obama is forging ahead with his effort to take over the House in 2014 and break the back of the Republican Party.

What’s more, the scandals have had almost no effect on the president’s popularity rating.

“How is it,” a news article said last week, “that President Obama, despite the recent scandals, has been able to maintain an approval rating in the mid- to high-40s, or about where it’s

been for the better part of three years? A new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll may provide some clues. For starters, the public doesn’t seem to be blaming the president for the

Benghazi terrorist attack, the IRS targeting of conservative groups or the Justice Department snooping.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/9/curl-why-obama-scandals-arent-scandals-all/?page=2#ixzz2VpIjS4ly

When all is said and done a third party could emerge and this might actually have unexpected consequences for the future of America but for now consider the Republican party beyond fractured and soon it will be beyond salvageable. Tensions were already in place, fine fractures already present, this move is calculated to exploit that and break it wide open.

Good bye party of Lincoln. You were great, then not so great, and soon you will be gone.

If one man can bring the party down, it must have been in bad shape already.

Edited by Jeffertonturner
  • Like 4

Both parties are split IMO, Are the Wigs making a comeback with a new hair style maybe?

• Like 2

First off John mccain and lindsey graham should both be considered statist. It in no way suprises me that they both support the NSA.

Calling this a plant is just dumb.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 6

Any other Republicans you feel don't belong in the party? If they stay in it will others leave?

Its no longer about Democrats and Republicans.

The lines are drawn between Progressives and Conservatives.

McCain and Graham are both Progressives which puts them in the same realm as Clinton, Obama, Kerry etc..

Progressives are going to be the death of our nation.

Not Democrats and not Republicans but the wolves hiding behind those Party labels.

• Like 3

You know when I was doing research on the presidentancy, I came across these funds data on the government websites, and when you watch the debates and "Gala's" youll see that they weren't actually competing. The biggest "Struggle" was between biden and ryan. Romney knew long before Obama was already in. But, I disagree voting does't make a difference, because it does. It shows the government that your out there watching, paying attention, and willing to still be apart of our country.

• Like 1

The fact that this is among the conversations we are having, instead of watching people get arrested for shredding the constitution means we are in big big trouble. I now have as close to zero hope for this country as I can get. Its illegal for the government to have the phone records of anyone without a warrent. Spending even a second considering whether he was a "plant" has to be the worst spin on a story that should be putting several people in prison that I have ever seen. We are at a cross roads people. Several scandles point to this administration and several members of government that should without question be putting people behind bars. If nothing happens, they are going to do what ever they want without even trying to hide it. We are in big freakin trouble.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 6

This is the first day where I feel like there is nothing that can be done. That I have no choice but to live in tyranny, and worse we will be handing this world over like this to our children. And cause of it, by the time they take over, we will be way worse off then we are today.

• Like 5

The fact that this is among the conversations we are having, instead of watching people get arrested for shredding the constitution means we are in big big trouble. I now have as close to zero hope for this country as I can get. Its illegal for the government to have the phone records of anyone without a warrent. Spending even a second considering whether he was a "plant" has to be the worst spin on a story that should be putting several people in prison that I have ever seen. We are at a cross roads people. Several scandles point to this administration and several members of government that should without question be putting people behind bars. If nothing happens, they are going to do what ever they want without even trying to hide it. We are in big freakin trouble.

I agree. What the NSA is doing is a complete violation of the Fourth Amendment, which states:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Anything that goes against the Constitution is treason....

• Like 1

This is the first day where I feel like there is nothing that can be done. That I have no choice but to live in tyranny, and worse we will be handing this world over like this to our children. And cause of it, by the time they take over, we will be way worse off then we are today.

I share your concerns, and worry about the America my little boy will grow up in. But, I refuse to believe there is nothing we can do. I don't know where the anwser lies right now, but I do believe we can change the way things are going right now.

• Like 1

I don't think Snowden was "planted" by anybody. I think he is just a brave and conscientious young man doing something good for his country.

Doing something good for his country by exposing the criminality of its government.

The only question is whether his country can rise to the occasion here, and actually get control of government?

• Like 5

Babe Ruth , do you remember Bob Lazar ? This Edward Snowden is just like Bob lazar . getting his three mins of fame !

Just my opinion. :gun:

Babe Ruth , do you remember Bob Lazar ? This Edward Snowden is just like Bob lazar . getting his three mins of fame !

Just my opinion. :gun:

Hu?? You are saying he considered giving up living in paradice, making over 300,000 a year, a fair trade off for 3 mins of fame, where he will either spend the rest of his life in hiding, or in a prison cell? Thats about the dumbest thing Ive heard on here. Especialy considering they didnt even denie it.

• Like 3

Hu?? You are saying he considered giving up living in paradice, making over 300,000 a year, a fair trade off for 3 mins of fame, where he will either spend the rest of his life in hiding, or in a prison cell? Thats about the dumbest thing Ive heard on here. Especialy considering they didnt even denie it.

How anyone can compare Snowden to Bob Lazar is beyond me......

• Like 2

In NYC many people use to joke and say that:

"The major difference between a democratic and a republican, is that a democratic before he screws you uses lube."

• Like 1

You might as well ask if it was a plot to get Democrats to side with the GOP. Feinstein agrees with her fellow security state party members, Graham and McCain, on this issue. Paul is on the same side as Kucinich, as well as Democrats who are still in the game. The divide is between Constitutionalists and statists, and this divide straddles party lines.

• Like 7

Don't lose hope. Look at the increased number of awake and aware Americans who know authoritarian trends when they see them. We can reverse course if we stay informed. We can have a peaceful return to freedom. It's not a revolution. It's a rejection of increasing statism. It's being honest enough to realize that trading civil rights, for claimed safety and security, is a false choice. It's always darkest before the dawn.

• Like 2

Don't lose hope. Look at the increased number of awake and aware Americans who know authoritarian trends when they see them. We can reverse course if we stay informed. We can have a peaceful return to freedom. It's not a revolution. It's a rejection of increasing statism. It's being honest enough to realize that trading civil rights, for claimed safety and security, is a false choice. It's always darkest before the dawn.

But there in lies the problem ! What is real,what is Honest ? What does anyone actually know about Edward Snowden ? See what He really is and what he was .

But there in lies the problem ! What is real,what is Honest ? What does anyone actually know about Edward Snowden ? See what He really is and what he was .

What we *do* know is that the NSA forced Verizon to give customer statistics (times, locations, receptions, and durations of phone calls) to them. We also know that they spy on us when we use the internet. Whoops, they also intercepted the contents of some emails and phone calls. I'm not ready to build a statue of Snowden, but recent events show that he deserves a fair shake.

• Like 2

Anything that goes against the Constitution is treason....

If that was true there wouldn't be such things as an Amendment to begin with, would there? The sword goes both ways.

Edited by Likely Guy

You might as well ask if it was a plot to get Democrats to side with the GOP. Feinstein agrees with her fellow security state party members, Graham and McCain, on this issue. Paul is on the same side as Kucinich, as well as Democrats who are still in the game. The divide is between Constitutionalists and statists, and this divide straddles party lines.

Libertarian driven Constitutionalists.

The so-called defenders of the US Constitution have always been the D's and the R's. And they have failed miserably at it.

It's now 'us' versus 'them'...... Libertarians vs. The Rat Pack

lol

• Like 3

There is nothing more that can be done except awareness of our own consciousness surroundings. But I digress. I'm in the same boat as you bro. Fear over love... what do you choose? What drives your life more? For me it's love. I've never met another individual whom I didn't get along with. I do not believe in this so-called War on Terror based on these experiences. It's all a fraud IMO.

• Like 2

If that was true there wouldn't be such things as an Amendment to begin with, would there? The sword goes both ways.

That's rather specious reasoning, isn't it?

The amendment process is included in Article 5 of the document. Whatever point you're trying to make is completely lost for that reason. Amending the document through specific procedures is governing in accordance with the document.

Kowalski was right--anything that violates the constitution is illegitimate and null and void, and might easily be construed as treasonous activity.

• Like 3