Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chinese 'sea monster'

whatsthat

Saw this today, sorry if its already been posted. Now the Sun isn't exactly famed for top class journalism and this is probably the usual globster. Some decaying whale or such like.

Thought I'd post it anyway-

My link

Looks quite fibrous.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blues Girl

• Pax Unum

• Marozi

• xXHellkittiesXx

I know it said it was too badly decade to be identified, but can't they do a DNA test on it to see what it is?

From the OP link:

monster_682_1331923a.jpg

It looks like one of the smaller baleen whales to me too, like a fin whale.

Maybe a minke whale?

Edited by DieChecker

Are they tring to re act the invasion of the Philpine Islands?

Whale do tend to flatten out when laying on the beach, ever seen a fat girl tanning?

It looks like a chicken breast when it's almost cooked.

I know it said it was too badly decade to be identified, but can't they do a DNA test on it to see what it is?

Yes! That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm not a scientist by any means, therefore I can only surmise. But I thought for sure there would be quite a range of tests that they could carry out to enable them to find further information, for eg. from tissue/bones/teeth ... something. :mellow:

"Ta me it look like a leppakawn ta me. Who aww heyaa tank it a lappakawn say 'Heyyyy' "

Why bother its clearly a whale.

I agree it's a baleen whale. I think the bone in front on the right side is one half from the broken lower jaw. Maybe it's a minke whale but this is hard to say as it could also be a juvenile of a bigger species.

Saw this today, sorry if its already been posted. Now the Sun isn't exactly famed for top class journalism and this is probably the usual globster. Some decaying whale or such like.

Thought I'd post it anyway-

My link

Looks quite fibrous.

It looks like the biggest hunk of Sushi I ever saw. Pass me the Teriyaki sauce, LOL.

Look like a whale that been hollowed out by those scavanger eels, quick get a tissue sample before the Chinese declare it a delicacy and eat it.

"Ta me it look like a leppakawn ta me. Who aww heyaa tank it a lappakawn say 'Heyyyy' "

Heeeeeey......Ahem,Well i have two words for this topic.WHALE FAT

Why bother its clearly a whale.

Because maybe it's a new species of whale, Or maybe even a type of octopus. Who knows? It would still be important to do a DNA test.

Yes! That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm not a scientist by any means, therefore I can only surmise. But I thought for sure there would be quite a range of tests that they could carry out to enable them to find further information, for eg. from tissue/bones/teeth ... something. :mellow:

Glad I am not the only one thinking along these lines :)

Look like a whale that been hollowed out by those scavanger eels, quick get a tissue sample before the Chinese declare it a delicacy and eat it.

Or make an aphrodisiac from it... ^_^

It would be nice if they added a photo...!

There is a photo of you follow the link

There is a photo of you follow the link

I am new to this site but am pretty sure that the picture is a couple of years old. I have seen it in youtube compelations of sea creatures.