Photo

My Strange Life in an Alternate Universe

Posted by StarMountainKid , 19 August 2013 · 599 views

When I woke up, my bedroom looked exactly the same. The same bed, the same wallpaper, the same bureau…it was unnerving, as you can imagine.

Next I went into the kitchen and looked around…it was identical to my other kitchen, even the food in the refrigerator was the same, the same eggs, the same bottle of milk, the same two week old baloney.  I made breakfast anyway, hoping this food would taste different, but alas, it tasted exactly the same. Very strange.

Next, I stealthily walked outside and looked around. Yes, the neighborhood looked like it hadn’t changed; even my car was the same model and color. An uncomfortable feeling for sure.

The route to work was mundane; the same streets, the same traffic, my office building had the exact same architecture. Inside, I settled behind an identical desk, the papers from yesterday evening still lay about, my coworkers even had the same personalities. The day turned out to be a typical Monday. How bizarre.

On the way home I stopped at the usual Chinese restaurant and picked up my customary take-out, all familiar. Back home, eating in the kitchen again, I looked out of the window. The neighbor’s dog was playing with his usual rubber toy across the hedges. This was really starting to get to me.

After I had finished eating I went into the living room and turned on the television. The exact same programs were on. I carefully watched my favorites, but I could not find any discrepancies. I can tell you, I had a hard time controlling my emotions, as all this weirdness was beginning to freak me out.

I even considered calling my girlfriend, but fear overwhelms me. What if she is exactly the same as my ‘other’ girlfriend? This thought was almost too much to bear.

About ten o’clock I retired, hoping I could sleep. Lying in bed, I thought to myself, how mysterious and perplexing this alternate universe is that I find myself in! I’m not sure I can cope with another day like this!.

All I can say is, I just hope you will never have to face these astonishing and bewildering events I now will have to live with the rest of my days.

The Nameless One
Aug 19 2013 09:52 PM
Lysergic acid diethylamide is one hell of a drug. lol You should phone Michio Kaku

Xanthurion2
Aug 19 2013 10:01 PM
An alternate univere that is exactly the same as the regular one...hmm. Interesting, very interesting.
Sounds less like an alternate and more of a parallel universe.
If that happened to me I'd be very disappointed.
Ah! I read a creepypasta with a similar concept called "Psychosis". Good read.

Norbert Dentressangle
Aug 21 2013 08:55 AM
It's nothing to worry about, it's just that the Earth was replaced by an exact replica moments before it was demolished. Thank the Dolphins.
I feel your pain, SMK.  I was reincarnated as myself.  Stay strong!

1 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users