Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Bill Clinton, not surprised if aliens visit

• Please log in to reply
829 replies to this topic

#826    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,222 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:04 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 14 May 2014 - 01:03 AM, said:

He says

We have the technology

but then says

We need to devise the technology to make that happen

Is that not contradictory? He says "we have the tech" and then he says we have to build it. Surely he is saying the technology we have is what he believes is needed to take us to the stars, we have just not built it into the right configuration yet and it needs more development?
Sort of like how Steve Jobs allegedly left Apple ten years of future invention based on technology that he sees emerging based on current technology and it's development?

according to the quote (from your link to the book) he says we have the  'the tech to take ET home' then he says 'we have to devise new propulsion tech' ....I dont see this as contradictory, but again I would say the actual words would be important and sadly we do not have this at the moment

#827    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,262 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:14 AM

View Postquillius, on 14 May 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

Would mentioning ET in an earlier piece work against the impact the last slide was supposed to have?

There was the movie, ET. In  that movie, ET was stuck here...and needed to get home right?  So perhaps it was just a humorous reference to the movie idea, now taken out of context

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#828    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,222 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:19 AM

View Postseeder, on 14 May 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

There was the movie, ET. In  that movie, ET was stuck here...and needed to get home right?  So perhaps it was just a humorous reference to the movie idea, now taken out of context

quite possibly...in fact I may even lean that way myself. I was highlighting that the ET part was on the last slide-for impact. However if the otehr quote is correct, then he mentions ET in that so my argument is wouldnt that reduce the impact of the last slide? if so the chances are the earlier sentence in its entirety may not be as quoted and may be more of a combination of things he said during speech.

#829    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,076 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:57 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 13 May 2014 - 10:04 PM, said:

I suppose it is simple semantics but it depends on what is meant by "among the stars" or "to the stars". To me "stars" (plural) indicates an area where there would be many stars, which isn't much of a difference than saying 'space'. Does it mean outside our solar system? I don't know, someone would have to ask Ben Rich that. We can travel in space already, and have on many occasions. We could conceivably put a man on Mars within a short period of time if money and politics weren't an issue. We do have the capability to travel beyond Earth. Unfortunately it takes a government(s) to enable something of that caliber and that introduces many more problems than just the technological know-how. If it weren't for the roadblocks of money and politics we'd probably already know what's under the ice of Europa.

underlined......genius idea S2F...I shall organise a séance forthwith..... :yes:

;)

#830    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,511 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:09 AM

View Postquillius, on 14 May 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

to be honest until we can see first hand the wording then I am not sure the order of what was said, I mean there is the comment about 'we have been given a contract by USAF to take ET home' this in part is in the main 'sentences' but it is also said to have been in the last slide at the end of the talk.

could these have been mixed together? Would mentioning ET in an earlier piece work against the impact the last slide was supposed to have?

I guess the discussion grinds to a halt without seeing/hearing the exact words used, context may also help quite a bit :)

View Postquillius, on 14 May 2014 - 09:04 AM, said:

according to the quote (from your link to the book) he says we have the  'the tech to take ET home' then he says 'we have to devise new propulsion tech' ....I dont see this as contradictory, but again I would say the actual words would be important and sadly we do not have this at the moment

I am unsure how we can have the tech, but need to build it, are you hinting at reverse engineering or something? If that was the case, how can one put a time frame on reverse engineering an unknown technology?

The book seems to have the quote fairly well transcribed, what do you feel might be re-organised in his quotes? And to what extent?

I would run with the movie as the ET reference too. I hadn't realised at first how late in life he made that comment, which was indeed well after the movie was made, he also made it a mere two years before he passed on. That is a trend I am gingerly stepping around to have a closer look at. Older people used to turn to God in their final years, some become extraordinarily devout with the reality of mortality bearing down on them, I am noticing this seem to be a bit of a trend with ET lately as well. Like the noobs who swap God for ET and consider themselves intellectuals, I think it's something in the same line of thinking.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users