Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The REAL reason we don't have BF photos.....

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#31    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,567 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:23 PM

2 seconds on google found this puppy for about $200:

This Bushnell Trophy Black LED Trail Camera features HD video with color LCD display and a temperature/moon stamp. The trail camera also offers low-glow black LED night vision flash and enhanced video resolution.

Black
8 MP high-quality full color resolution
40 low-glow black LEDs
Night vision flash up to 45 feet
Color Image LCD display
Temp/moon stamp
Widescreen 1920x1080p video resolution
Day/night auto sensor
External power compatible
Adjustable PIR (Lo/Med/High)
One second trigger speed
Programmable trigger interval: one second to sixty minutes
Multi-image mode: 1-3 images per trigger
Video length: 1 second to 60 seconds, programmable
Field Scan time-lapse mode takes images at pre-set intervals, 1 minute to 60 minutes
Temperature range -5 degrees to 140 degrees Fahrenheit
PIR sensor is motion activated out to 45 feet
Runs up to one year one on set of batteries
Adjustable web belt and one quarter to 20 socket
SD card slot with up to 32GB capacity
Dimensions: 11 inches long x 8 inches wide x 3.5 inches deep

I really don't see a reason why someone who routinely has Squatches roaming around their area, eating from their birdfeeders, taking their daughters to prom, etc. couldn't invest in a half dozen or so of these and put them up.  Hell, they run for a full year on one set of batteries.  And if the Squatches in your area do, in fact, receive the Bass Pro Shop catalogue on a regular basis and are familiar with what trail cams look like, hide the damn things.

Seems like a small price and effort for high definition images proving once and for all the existence of Bigfoot.

#32    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:46 PM

View PostEnglishgent, on 20 January 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

No. Because it's too difficult to find!
Same thing you donut!! :)

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#33    msmike1

msmike1

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

http://www.trailcamp...om/reviews.aspx

http://www.chasingame.com/

These are just a couple of sites that offer unbiased reviews of many different models of cameras today.

http://bullnettlenews.com/

This is a site that I frequent that deals with hunting, fishing, and other outdoor activities in the state of Mississippi. If you go to the forum section then go to the game cam section you can view hundreds of photos of deer and other wildlife. These are just a small percentage of the trail cams at use as we speak in my small state. There are also many, many plans such as Homebrew cameras that are build it yourself cameras for those so inclined. They rival any and all of the best commercial brands on the market and can usually be built for half the price. Just thought I would put this info out there for those that might be interested. I myself run 3 cams year round. It is not only a deer scouting tool, but in the off season it is a hobby. I don't claim to be an expert on trail cams but I do have a bit of experience with them. If anybody wants to message me with questions I will be glad to try and answer them to the best of my ability.

Mike

#34    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,277 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:36 PM

View Postmsmike1, on 20 January 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

http://www.trailcamp...om/reviews.aspx

http://www.chasingame.com/

These are just a couple of sites that offer unbiased reviews of many different models of cameras today.

http://bullnettlenews.com/

This is a site that I frequent that deals with hunting, fishing, and other outdoor activities in the state of Mississippi. If you go to the forum section then go to the game cam section you can view hundreds of photos of deer and other wildlife. These are just a small percentage of the trail cams at use as we speak in my small state. There are also many, many plans such as Homebrew cameras that are build it yourself cameras for those so inclined. They rival any and all of the best commercial brands on the market and can usually be built for half the price. Just thought I would put this info out there for those that might be interested. I myself run 3 cams year round. It is not only a deer scouting tool, but in the off season it is a hobby. I don't claim to be an expert on trail cams but I do have a bit of experience with them. If anybody wants to message me with questions I will be glad to try and answer them to the best of my ability.

Mike

Mike, post some of your pics in the trail cam topic please :)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#35    msmike1

msmike1

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:57 PM

I will, I just have to figure out how to do it. I have them on my home computer that doesn't have internet access. I use my work computer and phone for internet access. I'll figure it out though and post a few.

Mike

#36    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:17 AM

View Posttailormaneinafog, on 20 January 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

Same thing you donut!! :)

To film something you first need to find it you plonker :P

#37    sam12six

sam12six

Psychic Spy

• 1,327 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:43 AM

The real explanation is that methane from their sub-alligator nest beds, various biff bodily fluids from their forest orgies, and static electricity generated in their fur as they throw rocks at night react to form a sound sensitive substance that can act as a semi-effective cloak of invisibility when excited by the shrill biff calls (which to a layman just sound like an idiot howling in the woods).

That, or the Earth is actually squatchless...

#38    Night Walker

Night Walker

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:11 AM

Well, apparently there are photographs of the Yowie (the Australian Bigfoot) in existence which may or may not be published in Green's latest self-published book:

Posted Image http://yowiehunter.c...article&id=1566

Brett Green (Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:34 am): All I am going to say is that the cover image was taken from a genuine photograph from 1998; verified; and has been kept under "wraps"since then along with 3 others. I am yet to decide whether to keep it in or not due to some making adverse comments on forum and directly at Dean - he has copped enough s..... in the past and I would not like him to have further stabs in the back for doing me a favour. The book will go ahead (with or without changes) with printing starting shortly. http://www.yowiehunt...hp?f=45&p=26666

Edited by Night Walker, 21 January 2012 - 02:13 AM.

Posted Image Yes! Canada’s most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it’s the world’s largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

Australian history ... is full of surprises, and adventures, and incongruities, and contradictions, and incredibilities; but they are all true, they all happened. - Mark Twain

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#39    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:38 AM

View PostNight Walker, on 21 January 2012 - 02:11 AM, said:

Well, apparently there are photographs of the Yowie (the Australian Bigfoot) in existence which may or may not be published in Green's latest self-published book:

Posted Image http://yowiehunter.c...article&id=1566

Brett Green (Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:34 am): All I am going to say is that the cover image was taken from a genuine photograph from 1998; verified; and has been kept under "wraps"since then along with 3 others. I am yet to decide whether to keep it in or not due to some making adverse comments on forum and directly at Dean - he has copped enough s..... in the past and I would not like him to have further stabs in the back for doing me a favour. The book will go ahead (with or without changes) with printing starting shortly. http://www.yowiehunt...hp?f=45&p=26666

The photo in that link looks like a bald headed guy wearing sunglasses but so out of focus that it makes the image look a little weird, that's all.
Still, I spose somebody will buy the book :)

#40    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:46 AM

View PostEnglishgent, on 21 January 2012 - 01:17 AM, said:

To film something you first need to find it you plonker :P
I did that and saw the 5ft puma at 4am by a pond that it had eaten a duck the day before. I guessed that it'd be back for more. I could have shot it if I had a rifle with nightscope and silencer, but I had to make do with a good eye-witness account just at the rise of the morning light. The cat either got my scent or saw my outline and peered over a mound of light coloured stones to scrutinise me. It then made off towards a ditch, where it looked back just before jumping over and into the undergrowth and woodland on the otherside. I went the next day and found scat and prints. That's how easy it is to film them!!! (you donut) :)

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#41    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:04 AM

London bookmaker William Hill seems totally relaxed about the prospect of a Bigfoot revelation judging by this.......

Specials - Conclusive proof of Yeti / Big Foot authenticated by Dec 31st 2012  
All Bets  
31 Jan  22:00 UK  100/1  Yes      
Conclusive proof of the current existence of the Yeti / Big foot will be authenticated by the National History Museum on or before 31st December 2012

#42    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• 1,909 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:07 AM

View Posttailormaneinafog, on 21 January 2012 - 10:46 AM, said:

I did that and saw the 5ft puma at 4am by a pond that it had eaten a duck the day before. I guessed that it'd be back for more. I could have shot it if I had a rifle with nightscope and silencer, but I had to make do with a good eye-witness account just at the rise of the morning light. The cat either got my scent or saw my outline and peered over a mound of light coloured stones to scrutinise me. It then made off towards a ditch, where it looked back just before jumping over and into the undergrowth and woodland on the otherside. I went the next day and found scat and prints. That's how easy it is to film them!!! (you donut) :)

So where's the film. Don't tell me you stayed up all night waiting for it to appear, and didnt take a camera. you plonker :)

#43    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• 1,909 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:10 AM

View PostHabitat, on 21 January 2012 - 11:04 AM, said:

London bookmaker William Hill seems totally relaxed about the prospect of a Bigfoot revelation judging by this.......

Specials - Conclusive proof of Yeti / Big Foot authenticated by Dec 31st 2012  
All Bets  
31 Jan  22:00 UK  100/1  Yes      
Conclusive proof of the current existence of the Yeti / Big foot will be authenticated by the National History Museum on or before 31st December 2012

I wonder if  their bets on the world ending on 21st Dec are higher odds, in which case it wont matter :)

Edited by Englishgent, 21 January 2012 - 11:12 AM.

#44    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:10 AM

View PostEnglishgent, on 21 January 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

So where's the film. Don't tell me you stayed up all night waiting for it to appear, and didnt take a camera. you plonker :)
In all fairness he's waiting for William Hill to extend the odds to 200/1 for the Bigfoot authentification.  :P

#45    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Enlightened

• 3,932 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:06 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 20 January 2012 - 05:44 AM, said:

I am hearing you! I would have gone the Princess Leia look for aesthetics, but found her role in the Blues Brothers, and Jakes quick escape, fit the topic better :D

But here is some gratuitous semi-nudity just for the hell of it.

(Picture removed)

ETA
:w00t:

Thanks psyche101, this one went well with an evening cup of tea :tu:

View PostGoodnite, on 20 January 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

(Picture removed)

When I was younger she was my Queen!

Thanks for the repost, twice as nice :tu:

I thought I would remove the images from my post before we start hijack this thread with Leia photos to make up for those missing BF photos.

Click here to view Unexplained Mysteries 5 Millionth post by Helen of Annoy, while you're there lets see if we can give it 5 Million likes (sorry Biff).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users