Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

Iran unveils 'stealth' fighter


  • Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#76    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

    Spud the Mackem

  • Member
  • 3,262 posts
  • Joined:28 Oct 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Yeo Valley,Darkest Somerset.

  • man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

View Postskookum, on 16 February 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

We have had the turquoise stealth mini sub and stealth fighter.  Next will be the tank.  

Posted Image
  It looks like a plastic toy on a blanket,there is no tracks behind it, you're having a laugh...

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#77    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

    Spud the Mackem

  • Member
  • 3,262 posts
  • Joined:28 Oct 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Yeo Valley,Darkest Somerset.

  • man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

Aha ,"ships of the desert"......Stealth Camels ???

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#78    skookum

skookum

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Sussex, UK

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 16 February 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

It looks like a plastic toy on a blanket,there is no tracks behind it, you're having a laugh...

Please stop with your western propaganda. :clap:

Posted Image

#79    skookum

skookum

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Sussex, UK

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 16 February 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

Aha ,"ships of the desert"......Stealth Camels ???

Then we have the stealth sub.

Posted Image

Forgive me but it is more visible than a black sub.

Posted Image

#80    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

    An Inspiration to Millions

  • Member
  • 23,278 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hammerfest

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

View Postskookum, on 16 February 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

We have had the turquoise stealth mini sub and stealth fighter.  Next will be the tank.  

Posted Image
A lego Panther! I like it!
perhaps they might have bought one of these... Although they're probably a bit outside their price range. http://www.armortek.co.uk/index.html

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


Posted Image


#81    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 12,669 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

It occurs to me that as funny as this effort of tricking the west was, it might be a bit more serious when considered.  Maybe it is for their own people as a way of calming some of the anger caused by sanctions that the government has brought on them but it also shows a decided lack of understanding of the technological sophistication of the western powers in military advances.  If their political and or military leaders actually think the west can be fooled so easily then what ELSE might they be thinking mistakenly?  That they could survive a strike against shipping in the straights?  That once they  have a nuke they could blackmail Israel into ceding land to the Palestinians as a way of becoming, overnight, popular among Sunni Muslims all over the globe?  No, grandiosity in the thinking of ambitious men is as potentially dangerous as it ever was.

  Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#82    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

    Spud the Mackem

  • Member
  • 3,262 posts
  • Joined:28 Oct 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Yeo Valley,Darkest Somerset.

  • man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

View Postand then, on 16 February 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

It occurs to me that as funny as this effort of tricking the west was, it might be a bit more serious when considered.  Maybe it is for their own people as a way of calming some of the anger caused by sanctions that the government has brought on them but it also shows a decided lack of understanding of the technological sophistication of the western powers in military advances.  If their political and or military leaders actually think the west can be fooled so easily then what ELSE might they be thinking mistakenly?  That they could survive a strike against shipping in the straights?  That once they  have a nuke they could blackmail Israel into ceding land to the Palestinians as a way of becoming, overnight, popular among Sunni Muslims all over the globe?  No, grandiosity in the thinking of ambitious men is as potentially dangerous as it ever was.
  As far as I'm aware Israel does not submit to blackmail,and if they were ever threatened by an Iranian nuke,that would be the end of Iran because the Israelies would strike first,they dont mess about like us.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#83    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 12,669 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

View Postspud the mackem, on 16 February 2013 - 11:18 PM, said:

As far as I'm aware Israel does not submit to blackmail,and if they were ever threatened by an Iranian nuke,that would be the end of Iran because the Israelies would strike first,they dont mess about like us.
That's kind of my point.  Iran's leaders are out of touch and that can be really dangerous.  :no:

  Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#84    Yamato

Yamato

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,392 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:28 AM

I see the same pattern here that I saw repeatedly in 2002 leading up to the bung war with Iraq.  Making fun of their primitive military while simultaneously mongering about how much of a threat they are.  Another disjointed illogical neocon gang heap.  It didn't fool me in 2002.  It'd be laughable if it wasn't so grotesque in 2013.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#85    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 4,036 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

View PostYamato, on 18 February 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

I see the same pattern here that I saw repeatedly in 2002 leading up to the bung war with Iraq.  Making fun of their primitive military while simultaneously mongering about how much of a threat they are.  Another disjointed illogical neocon gang heap.  It didn't fool me in 2002.  It'd be laughable if it wasn't so grotesque in 2013.

This thing isn't military technology and it isn't a model of a new prototype, it is made up fiberglass model that would be embarrassing in even a low budget movie. The world laughed it off and went back to worrying about their nuclear research which does pose a threat but one must wonder how far along these boobs really are if they thought anyone, other than uninformed folks not in the know, would take this fake as real..

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#86    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

    Spud the Mackem

  • Member
  • 3,262 posts
  • Joined:28 Oct 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Yeo Valley,Darkest Somerset.

  • man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

View PostMerc14, on 18 February 2013 - 01:46 AM, said:

This thing isn't military technology and it isn't a model of a new prototype, it is made up fiberglass model that would be embarrassing in even a low budget movie. The world laughed it off and went back to worrying about their nuclear research which does pose a threat but one must wonder how far along these boobs really are if they thought anyone, other than uninformed folks not in the know, would take this fake as real..
  The Mad Mullars are sabre rattling to keep the population happy,they wouldnt last a couple of hours in a scrap,No Navy,a Second rate  Airforce,and Cardboard Cartoon Characters for an Army.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#87    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 12,669 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:51 AM

View Postspud the mackem, on 18 February 2013 - 02:01 AM, said:

The Mad Mullars are sabre rattling to keep the population happy,they wouldnt last a couple of hours in a scrap,No Navy,a Second rate  Airforce,and Cardboard Cartoon Characters for an Army.
Agreed, Spud, but the danger they pose is still real.  They can cause havoc all over the west with proxy attacks.  Hizbullah for example can pound Israel and start a nasty conflict in the M.E. and I have no doubt that they have a capability to destroy aircraft mid air when they choose, which would cripple economies for a while.  Mining the straits would stop oil flow for days or even weeks and cause oil prices to skyrocket.  They have a long history of nastiness outside their borders yet willing dupes chant the same old song and dance that" they haven't started a war in a hundred years" -

  Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#88    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 4,036 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:58 AM

View Postand then, on 18 February 2013 - 03:51 AM, said:

Agreed, Spud, but the danger they pose is still real.  They can cause havoc all over the west with proxy attacks.  Hizbullah for example can pound Israel and start a nasty conflict in the M.E. and I have no doubt that they have a capability to destroy aircraft mid air when they choose, which would cripple economies for a while.  Mining the straits would stop oil flow for days or even weeks and cause oil prices to skyrocket.  They have a long history of nastiness outside their borders yet willing dupes chant the same old song and dance that" they haven't started a war in a hundred years" -
I'll agree that the populace is in revolt mode and these idiots are trying to appease them by showing "superior weaponry" but it begs the question "If they have the power to win a war then why wait?"  They don't have long til a Syria like revolt so do the bomb if you have it!  They don't and they aren't even close.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#89    Yamato

Yamato

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,392 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:11 AM

View PostMerc14, on 18 February 2013 - 01:46 AM, said:

This thing isn't military technology and it isn't a model of a new prototype, it is made up fiberglass model that would be embarrassing in even a low budget movie. The world laughed it off and went back to worrying about their nuclear research which does pose a threat but one must wonder how far along these boobs really are if they thought anyone, other than uninformed folks not in the know, would take this fake as real..
I'm not worried about their nuclear research either (there isn't even a fiberglass model).  :rolleyes:

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#90    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 12,669 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

View PostYamato, on 18 February 2013 - 04:11 AM, said:

I'm not worried about their nuclear research either (there isn't even a fiberglass model).  :rolleyes:
Right.  Because knocking up a fiberglass model is more effort than building massive facilities, deep underground in hardened concrete and steel bunkers.  Wonder why they'd spend that amount of money, time and effort, Yam?  They already had enough usable enriched uranium for fuel purposes for a medical reactor AND for their electric power generating needs at startup.  They had been promised a steady supply of fuel.  All they had to do was promise to deliver the spent fuel rods to Russia so that Russia could reprocess them - that is, to make it impossible for Iran to make bomb fuel from them.  Yet Iran balked at that.  Why do you suppose a country's leaders would do such a thing?  In another thread we have a description of the awful pain and suffering being pressed on the Iranian public, yet none of it would be happening if Iran would simply stop the activities that clearly show they want a nuclear weapon.  Last question - do you care if they have a bomb?  Would it disturb you if they were found to be a nuclear power?

Edited by and then, 18 February 2013 - 03:14 PM.

  Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users