Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Phoenix - Flares Debunked

• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

#166    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,620 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

If you must invoke the name of Jesus, then I'm wasting my time.

Ask a simple question, and get an evasive reply.  I must admit Boo, you do stay in character.  That's the downside of attempting to defend the indefensible.

#167    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 20 June 2012 - 06:11 PM, said:

If you must invoke the name of Jesus, then I'm wasting my time.

Ask a simple question, and get an evasive reply.  I must admit Boo, you do stay in character.  That's the downside of attempting to defend the indefensible.
Keep telling that to yourself all you want.  I told you how to find the answer to your question.  You're only making yourself look bad.

#168    cenobite

cenobite

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

• old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

View Postquillius, on 20 June 2012 - 05:39 PM, said:

There are many words being put into my mouth, but lets put that down to misinterpretation due to typed conversation....

I do not think every conspiracy can be used against me, the governments believe they have seen evidence of ET and keeping this secret is far different from ET stopping by the whitehouse to say hello as suggested.
I never said all the military can keep secrets, and to suggest that McG talking over the net about things he has investigated and found out versus secrets he was told...

as for governments controlling everything and everyone....once again this sums up your arguments weakness, you are needed to throw every conspiracy at me (in the form of strawmen arguments), although I am not sure why you feel the need to do this.

yes I did ask for confirmation of your opinion and thanked you for it without further comment.
sadly for you your post doesn't make much sense, you seem to be getting quite confused, i am not throwing arguments at you merely responding to your 'critique' perhaps we should just agree to disagree. I live in the real world and have plenty of mundane down to earth (pardon the pun) things to attend to now, perhaps another time!

TCB

#169    cenobite

cenobite

Psychic Spy

• 1,117 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:19 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 20 June 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

LMAO.
well if ya cant beat em!

TCB

#170    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:26 PM

View Post747400, on 20 June 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

I know this is wandering greatly from the subject of the Phoenix Lights, but like in the Old Testament, you mean, when Noah and Moses and so on lived to about 450? I'm not sure how reliable that is as historical documentation. :-/

It is off topic, I agree, but just to say that ancient texts have a lot to say about this.  The Ancient Egyptians, Perisians etc.  Not simply religious texts.

Posted Image

#171    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

View Postcenobite, on 20 June 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

yes there have been many UFO waves i agree, however it does not mean they are aliens!

It don't matter what you call them, they ain't from around here :alien:

Posted Image

#172    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:29 PM

View Postzoser, on 20 June 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

How can you claim to know that if you don't know what they are?

#173    cenobite

cenobite

Psychic Spy

• 1,117 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

View Postzoser, on 20 June 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

zoser please, i dont mean to be horrible but really? you do yourself no favours son

TCB

#174    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

View Postcenobite, on 20 June 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

zoser please, i dont mean to be horrible but really? you do yourself no favours son

Well I guess we are all learning eh?

Edited by zoser, 20 June 2012 - 07:29 PM.

Posted Image

#175    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:05 PM

I can't believe so many people are still going on about this........

Just goes to show that hysteria wins out over facts and logic everytime.

#176    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:15 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 20 June 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

I can't believe so many people are still going on about this........

Just goes to show that hysteria wins out over facts and logic everytime.

Like I said once before, for all I know the whole thing started with something flying out of Nellis AFB the night before, but I can't swear to that of course.

I do disagree with the name "Phoenix Lights" being assigned to this case, but that's the name that has stuck in the public record and popular imagination--unfortunately.

"The stuff that dreams are made of"

#177    cenobite

cenobite

Psychic Spy

• 1,117 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:25 PM

View Postzoser, on 20 June 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

clearly you are not!

TCB

#178    cenobite

cenobite

Psychic Spy

• 1,117 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

phoenix nights
its a youtube clip so it must be real

TCB

#179    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:55 PM

View Postzoser, on 20 June 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

Promise?

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#180    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,081 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:19 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 20 June 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

I am all for skepticism.  I consider it a virtue and a sign of good analytical thought processes.

However in some cases it can reach a point where skepticism for its own sake brings a sort of intellectual dishonesty.

In the case of this Phoenix incident, saying that there is no way it could be an alien craft seems dishonest to me.  Considering that even Thomas Jefferson and George Washington alluded in their writings to some sort of foreign presence, the phenomenon of UFO is about as old as mankind itself.

You are talking about debunking for the sake of it. That is not the case here. There are pages and pages dedicated to the subject in the BE thread with math that proves the event was flares. Simply put that is why this thread exists, to try and divert attention form the proof that no believer was able to falsify. The work has been done, people simply refuse to accept it exists, and have put this thread up to bury the fact that the event has been explained.
Why do you guys refuse to acknowledge the BE thread, and the many pages that went into proving the Alien ideal is incorrect? Zoser wont answer that question because he knows that the math will knock his case out of the water, but why do you refuse to acknowledge that math?

Insisting that this is likely an alien craft I find dishonest. And the simple fact that each and every proponent runs like a Gazelle fro the extensive work done in the BE thread seems to confirm that the dishonesty is deliberate. Everytime it is mentioned the reply is "what about the witnesses"? To which I might reply, yes, what about them? Can they provide evidence or a tall tale? Can they offer information that falsifies the math? With a resounding no on both counts, I am wondering why the last few still refuse to accept prosaic explanations.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users