Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Early human ancestors were ‘aquatic apes’

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1    Roiberto

Roiberto

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:39 AM

Sounds Strange what do you guys think of this theory ?
I dont belive it
source

#2    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,583 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:47 AM

View PostRoiberto, on 29 April 2013 - 02:39 AM, said:

Sounds Strange what do you guys think of this theory ?
I dont belive it
source

It could provide answers to some hard questions of human evolution, but it is not a favoured scientific theory.

I like it myself.

#3    The Id3al Experience

The Id3al Experience

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

• Before enlightenment peel the potatoes, after enlightenment, peel the potatoes.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:53 AM

Hmmmmm very interesting, May have to look into it more....

Don't know where I stand, but it does link certain things which is interesting. But also opens up a few questions.

Edited by The Id3al Experience, 29 April 2013 - 02:55 AM.

Posted Image

#4    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 3,668 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:23 AM

Did these apes live near water and occasionally went for a dip, or did they actually live in water swimming about? I didn't know apes could swim. I may be on the wrong track here.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#5    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

they lived close to the water and went diving for fish and all that stuff.....Desmond Morris talks about that in "the naked ape", you can find that as a documentary on youtube......

Edit: DANG! I just checked, it's not on youtube anymore. Go get the book, must be cheap, as it was written in 1967 already.....

Edited by Jacques Terreur, 29 April 2013 - 11:01 AM.

#6    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

I've watched a documentary on NATGEO about mermaids and that theory was incorperated that aquatic apes and mermaids are one in the same. Sounds like a bigfoot of the sea.

#7    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,591 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

I've seen films of babies being tossed in the water... they just floated up to the surface  where they floated with their faces  above water!  
Some were placed in the water face down...  they  INSTINCTIVELY wriggled around to right themselves so their faces / NOSE would be above the water line.  It was fascinating!!

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#8    paperdyer

paperdyer

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

• "The place where optimism flourishes the most is the insane asylum."

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

THE theory seems to make sense. Humans love to go to the beach and be in the water for just fun.  It amy also explain why dolphins love us.

#9    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Spectating

• 4,729 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

Not overly convinced by this one, but it is hard to go against what you have 'known' since childhood. That same teaching also told me all land dwelling life came from the water in the first place.

I think the word 'aquatic' is hard to get your head around, living in/near water (even though thats what aquatic means) is much more palatable, like these guys...

Posted Image

Aquatic makes me think if amphibious and green skinned animals!!

I feel for David Attenborough having his name dropped into this. With this and his Yeti comments I worry for his state of mind in his later years, such a great man I do hope his life does not end in a realm of fantasy.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#10    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 1,472 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

I think that D.A. is just in a stage of his life where public scrutiny is of no concern to him.
A lot of famous people were ridiculed for their beliefs while living but once passed on the
following generation praises those people for there risk.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much of it can make you arrogant & egotistical.

#11    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,387 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

View Postlightly, on 29 April 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

I've seen films of babies being tossed in the water... they just floated up to the surface  where they floated with their faces  above water!  
Some were placed in the water face down...  they  INSTINCTIVELY wriggled around to right themselves so their faces / NOSE would be above the water line.  It was fascinating!!

You throw a cat in the water and it will swim better than a human. I think humans like water,  but aquitic apes is a little off the deepend. Tigers like swimming, but I wouldn't call them an aquatic cat.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#12    Assassin Spider

Assassin Spider

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

There's really no reason for this theory. Looking at already established evolutionary evidence, apes would have had to evolve to become aquatic, like marine mammals, then evolved back to living on land again. By then you would have a completely different animal.

#13    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,228 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

View Postlightly, on 29 April 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

I saw one as well (don't know if it was the same one) I believe it took place in Russia (though I can't be sure) and sometime in the 70's or early 80's...  Babies were introduced to water and in very short time were swimming about quite well, actually before a normal child would learn to walk...

#14    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,459 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

There are some flaws in this theory,for instance some say that our hairless bodies are due to an aquatic phase in our past but mammals such as Beavers swim just as well with hair and are very well adapted to water.

http://www.aquaticape.org/

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#15    marcos anthony toledo

marcos anthony toledo

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

This theory was taken up in the Descent of Woman and the Aquatic Apes books series both written by women.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users