Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Happens When We Die?

MarKy090

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8th_wall

• Mattshark

• MadMachine

• Mademoiselle

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, yes, you could say this, because when you sleep, you unconciously - or conciously - go to the 'Astral Plane' of existence. This is where your spiritual body always resides. You have a vehicle - your body if you will, and your spirit utilizes this body to exist on the Physical Plane of existence. When you die, your spiritual body simply separates from your physical body and roams the spirit world, never to return to the physical.

So when you sleep, yes, you are "dead" in a sense, but still connected to your physical body and can return back. This happens every night, to everybody and everything that exists.

You can train yourself to Astral Project at will. You then have access to the spiritual realm where you can learn alot from your spiritual guides.

All your dead loved ones are there, awaiting you, and when you go there and call out for them, they will appear for you. Its simply magic, and meeting the Son of the Almighty really makes you smile. :D

Well, yes, you could say this, because when you sleep, you unconciously - or conciously - go to the 'Astral Plane' of existence. This is where your spiritual body always resides. You have a vehicle - your body if you will, and your spirit utilizes this body to exist on the Physical Plane of existence. When you die, your spiritual body simply separates from your physical body and roams the spirit world, never to return to the physical.

So when you sleep, yes, you are "dead" in a sense, but still connected to your physical body and can return back. This happens every night, to everybody and everything that exists.

You can train yourself to Astral Project at will. You then have access to the spiritual realm where you can learn alot from your spiritual guides.

All your dead loved ones are there, awaiting you, and when you go there and call out for them, they will appear for you. Its simply magic, and meeting the Son of the Almighty really makes you smile. :D

So, is this what really happens? Im troubled.

So, is this what really happens? Im troubled.

It's as much a fairy tale as Heaven and Hell.

I like to think of life after death as the place you were before you were born. Non-existence.

well dude... you roam in spirit world ...when your dead... and wait for your judgment..

whether u go to hell or heaven

well dude... you roam in spirit world ...when your dead... and wait for your judgment..

whether u go to hell or heaven

There is no judgement, i cant stress that more.....

I like to think of life after death as the place you were before you were born. Non-existence.

I think the same. Oblivion after death.

judgement what judgement? i see you didn't earn enough money to go into heaven,

forget worrying about dieing and live, your gonna die so nothing really matters ;)

The question of judgement and hell comes up a lot.

This is what I think "hell" is. Indulge me for a moment:

When I was a kid, I remember shooting a gold finch with a pellet gun and killing it. I felt nothing and thought it was fun. I killed a lot of things as a kid.

When I was in my early 20's, I received a false positive on an HIV test. for three weeks, while other tests were done, I thought I was under a death sentence.

Suddenly, I felt horrible about every animal I had hunted and killed. I have never killed another animal for amusement since then, and never will ever again.

I think that when we die, the limitations of our own human mind are removed and we see "what is" as we rejoin a collective existance. In the same way my false HIV positive opened me up to the empathy of death, I think that when we die, all our human enablers--justification, the ego, rationalization of the evil we do, etc..-- are removed, and we see the good and the evil we did. The regret must be agony.

this is what I believe Hell to be. An honest and clear understanding of your own life. If you did evil, it would be horrible. If you did good, it would be wonderful. Heaven and hell.

You die, the end. And, until this time of passing a person is making nothing more than guesses and assumptions as to whats

beyond the realm of death.

As far as death is concerned, don't dwell on it! It's inevitable anyway. Just live life to the fullest, and make the best with the

time you do have.

Regards,

Tom

Edited by Tom R

Is it just the same as sleeping? I know this topic is not new. But I just want to get your opinions and everything.

Due to pressures regarding my second book I have not been on this site for about six weeks or so. If you are really interested in an alternative theory as to what happens when you die that is based upon science (specifically quantum physics and neurology) then please take the opportunity to listen in on the UK based rock station KERRANG on Wednesday 5th December at 2230 (UK time). I will be interviewed on that station and I will be presenting my theory. The intention is that I will do the interview then in January or so I will return and there will be a full, open phone-in available to those who wish to ask me questions or join in the debate. This will last three hours or so. The initial interview can be listened to online at www.kerrangradio.co.uk. This will be a big debate. Over 20,000 people across the world have now read the book and I wish as many as possible to be aware of this event. For futher info Check out my blogsite and my Website

Anthony Peake

Edited by Anthony Peake

Every time I see this topic brought up I really want to reply but the bottom line is you cant prove scientifically whether you go on after death or not but that said I have more than strong opinions on the subject through personal experience. Its amazing that some people take a huge leap of faith by making blanket statements like "You die, The end!". Lets start by looking at the science we do know. Neurologists understand that describing consciousness in purely classical neural electrical and biological phenomena alone doesnt cut the mustard, there is just more going on there. As research progresses it seems apparent that there is a holographic component to brain function.

The science aside I personally have not one doubt that the energy which is you survives physical death. I believe this because I firmly believe that the physical world we perceive is purely a creation of outr consciousness. Without consciousness the universe would only exist in probability. I myself had a NDE a few years back and experienced things impossible to put into words. It was not my time to leave this existence and I came back but what I experienced at the time was as real as anything I ever exprienced. I can only say keep an open mind and understand that it takes as much faith to believe that death means lights out as it does to believe consciousness goes on.

Depends on your religion. If you are Christian you'll go to heaven or hell. Same with Islam. If you have no religion, then maybe you will just fade away into oblivion. Me, I follow Asatru, so hopefully I'll end up in Valhalla.

hmm that's a toughy question, no one truly knows what happens after we die. the most devoat and religous priests and the most stubborn of atheists have much in common, no matter how long they live, no matter how they were brought up, and no matter what they believe in the will question it very seriously atleast once. Priest are human too, they must ask themselves on occassion what if there is nothing what if my faith is wrong. The Atheist will question too he or she will have a moment when they think there has to be something more then just to blink into nothingness. These questions are normal and essential to strengthing or changing your ideas all together. In my opinioni'd like to think there is consiousness after death. But what is after life like? nothingness, eternal bliss, an avergage day, a start or a new mortal life, immense pain and suffereing or something we can't even begin to imagine.No matter what you believe in try to find happiness in your beliefs no matter what they may be. The next person may not have the same beliefs as you but that doesn't mean you should think less of them because of it. The other has full entitlement to their opinion so before you try to convert to your beliefs someone please don't be so ignorant, try to place yourself in their shoes, think if i believed in this and was happy would i want someone to preach at me and critisize me over and over?

Unfortunatley we have to decide for ourselves and if possible come to terms with pur own mortality if you can't then all religeons have and afterlife!

Dying is a part of life! :yes:

The point is that no one knows. Not one person.

We all guess and try to predict, but the only thing we do know for sure is that no one has been able to report back to us and let us know for certain.

Unless you watch John Edwards of course, but....

i think it's too much for me to think about.

i mean. we're so complex and our minds are so.. i can't explain it.

there can't just be "NOTHING" when we die.

there's far too much for there to be nothing.

we're too much.

Is it just the same as sleeping? I know this topic is not new. But I just want to get your opinions and everything.

I don't know for sure but maybe when you die, you experience the effect you had on everybody you ever known, good or bad.

Well, first off no one can tell you because no one has come back from being dead to tell you what it is. And even if someone did die and was maraculously revived 2 years later they won't be able to tell you because their physical brain won't have that information.

Consider this.. Its logical to assume that you will enter the same state you were in before you were born. Because of the limitations of this reality you won't ever actually be able to "remember" anything from it. Before you were born you were potential energy if you will.. Now you are kinetic and when you die you'll return back to potential I would think. This would mean that reincarnation is probable but consider that this may not be the only reality/universe you can exist in. If more than one universe is possible then more physical conciouss beings are possible.. The conciousness of an animal is very similiar to that of your own except that you have a different brain to interpret what you experience. Logically the conciousness of another being in an alternate reality/dimension etc. would be similiar to that of our own so you would have the potential of being "born" (that might be a limitation of this reality) into that state.

To be honest, I wouldn't worry myself too much about what is in the next form of existance/non-existance/hell/heaven whatever. No matter what you do you will die eventually and you will or won't experience something more. It doesn't really matter how much you contemplate it now because it will happen eventually. If you are truely worried become a christian or budhist and live a happy life knowing that you are possibly full filling your life. If anything you will live a happy and full life :). All I can hope for is that I die happy and without questions. Whatever does or doesn't come next.. Well, I'll see when I get there :D (to be honest the prospect scares me a bit but you get that :D lol)

Just to clarify something, I don't think being dead is like sleeping at all. Sleeping is something that your brain requires to regenerate somehow :P. Your brain dies when "you" die, it doesn't need sleep anymore its gone dead. We can't know what it will "feel" like. Its like trying to describe the wonderful sensation of free falling with a beautiful view of the world on a warm sunny day to a person who can only hear. They just can't truely appreciate it.

Every time I see this topic brought up I really want to reply but the bottom line is you cant prove scientifically whether you go on after death or not but that said I have more than strong opinions on the subject through personal experience. Its amazing that some people take a huge leap of faith by making blanket statements like "You die, The end!". Lets start by looking at the science we do know. Neurologists understand that describing consciousness in purely classical neural electrical and biological phenomena alone doesnt cut the mustard, there is just more going on there. As research progresses it seems apparent that there is a holographic component to brain function.

The science aside I personally have not one doubt that the energy which is you survives physical death. I believe this because I firmly believe that the physical world we perceive is purely a creation of outr consciousness. Without consciousness the universe would only exist in probability. I myself had a NDE a few years back and experienced things impossible to put into words. It was not my time to leave this existence and I came back but what I experienced at the time was as real as anything I ever exprienced. I can only say keep an open mind and understand that it takes as much faith to believe that death means lights out as it does to believe consciousness goes on.

I totally agree. According to some well respected researchers such as Karl Pribram and David Bohm the universe itself is a form of internally generated holographic projection of the observer's mind. Indeed Pribram suggests that the brain itself works on holographic principles. So what we have, in effect, is a hologram processing a hologram! If one agree with the Copenhagen Interpretation of quantum physics (as suggested by Nils Bohr) then it is consciousness that brings about matter. As a series researcher into the phenomenon known as the NDE (and a member of the International association of Near-Death Studies) I know of a good deal of evidence for such a conclusion. In my opinion the question of whether there is life after death is the wrong one. What we should be really asking is what is the relationship between conscious awareness and reality. Then we may find some answers that will keep both the scientists and the mystics happy.

When you die, you cease to exist. That's it. There is no level of consciousness after death, and if there is, it's equal to that of what bacteria has. We will never understand what happens after death because there isn't a conscious or subconscious brain to comprehend it. It's like this: if you imagine what would the universe would be like without any level of existence - not even black to fill the void of nothing - not even the void to be nothing - you can't, because there would be no level of consciousness to comprehend that.

We crawl into another body and keep doing this till we get things right, then we wake up from the dream of physical reality and become aware of our spiritual side which is eternal. What have you been, what do you want to be? Every form is better than the previous one, unless you %^&** up, then the next form is a prison of pain or sickness.

I like to think it's just like entering a dream. Hopefully a pleasant one! Some people who have lived through a "near death experience" refer to a tunnel of white light that appears to draw them in. I remember hearing one such person on TV mention that by refusing to allow himself to be attracted into "the light", be was able to avoid death, and he shortly woke up and made a full recovery.