Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A 3-pronged mark

herenow

A 3-pronged mark

1) I found this mark on a quartz stone in the woods (which has since been dug up and stolen).

2) A deer pawed out that same mark in the snow last winter right over where the quartz had been.

3) I found that same mark on a small piece of quartz which somehow showed up on my kitchen floor a year ago.

4) And now I've found a signature on an old "Indian" deed selling the town of Salem, MA to the whites, which looks to me to be the same 3-pronged symbol. I have the Native American woman's name, and I can trace her father and grandmother back to the area where I have found the symbol in quartz and in the snow.

One picture shows the deer paw marks over where the original quartz had been.

The next picture shows the quartz I found in the middle of my kitchen floor.

The 3rd picture shows the Native American woman’s “marke” or signature.

I’m open to any suggestion as to what I’m picking up on. Or maybe I’m just trying too hard to connect unrelated things.

post-101321-0-53815800-1329145889_thumb.

Edited by herenow

A 3-pronged mark

1) I found this mark on a quartz stone in the woods (which has since been dug up and stolen).

2) A deer pawed out that same mark in the snow last winter right over where the quartz had been.

3) I found that same mark on a small piece of quartz which somehow showed up on my kitchen floor a year ago.

4) And now I've found a signature on an old "Indian" deed selling the town of Salem, MA to the whites, which looks to me to be the same 3-pronged symbol. I have the Native American woman's name, and I can trace her father and grandmother back to the area where I have found the symbol in quartz and in the snow.

One picture shows the deer paw marks over where the original quartz had been.

The next picture shows the quartz I found in the middle of my kitchen floor.

The 3rd picture shows the Native American woman's "marke" or signature.

I'm open to any suggestion as to what I'm picking up on. Or maybe I'm just trying too hard to connect unrelated things.

post-101321-0-53815800-1329145889_thumb.

I cannot give you and answer or opinion but I will say this. You sure have my interest. Can you find out more about the woman somehow? I think your answer, or at least part of it is with her relatives. I am very interested in this story if you can take it farther.

Edited by Robbie333

I agree with Robbie. Oh man, does that sound interesting... I can't give you any helpful info, but I'd love it if you keep us all updated! :)

• Like 2

Thank you for your interest.

I know she had a son and I know his Native American name but cannot find anything on him or on generations after him.

Robbie, I find it interesting that you say it could be her relatives.

I have info on a woman who I believe is her sister. She lived in the area where these woods are and she died in the late 1730s at almost 100 years old.

(again, I think it is her sister but am only about 90% sure)

Thank you for your interest.

I know she had a son and I know his Native American name but cannot find anything on him or on generations after him.

Robbie, I find it interesting that you say it could be her relatives.

I have info on a woman who I believe is her sister. She lived in the area where these woods are and she died in the late 1730s at almost 100 years old.

(again, I think it is her sister but am only about 90% sure)

I feel your trail would be better served if you left the white mans records out and looked more into her indiginous peoples. Is their a local res nearbye? If so, most have web sites. You could ask permission to inquire there. They might not want you too unless their interest is moved as yours is.

Its interesting, but it may just be coincidence

You surely could be right in your assumption. But if not investigated then what fun is that? LOL

• Like 1

I can't really help you but I do find it interesting the it's a 3 pronged mark and has appeared to you 3 different times in 3 different ways, I like when things come in 3s :tu:

• Like 2

You surely could be right in your assumption. But if not investigated then what fun is that? LOL

True that! investigations are indeed fun even if they dont lead to anything lol ;)

• Like 1

It looks like a trident to me, especially the signature image.

The trident's primary ties are to the planet Neptune, to Posiedon (aka Neptune), and to the oceans. I tried finding something relating to a trident in Native American symbology but thus far haven't come up with anything.

This info is from wikipedia, so take it as you will :)

Parallel to its fishing origins, the trident is associated with Poseidon, the god of the sea in Greek mythology, the Roman god Neptune, and Shiva, a Hindu God who holds a trident in his hand. In Greek myth, Poseidon used his trident to create water sources in Greece and the horse. Poseidon, as well as being god of the sea, was also known as the "Earth Shaker" because when he struck the earth in anger he caused mighty earthquakes and he used his trident to stir up tidal waves, tsunamis and sea storms. In Roman myth, Neptune also used a trident to create new bodies of water and cause earthquakes. A good example can be seen in Gian Bernini's Neptune and Triton.

In religious Taoism, the trident represents the Taoist Trinity, the Three Pure Ones. In Taoist rituals, a trident bell is used to invite the presence of deities and summon spirits, as the trident signifies the highest authority of Heaven.

A trident also has references as:

-The traditional weapon of the Hindu god Shiva.

-The national emblem on the flag of Barbados.

-The "forks of the people's anger", adopted by the Russian anti-Soviet revolutionary organization, National Alliance of Russian Solidarists (NTS).

-The symbol of the Swedish Coastal Rangers, Kustjägarna.

-The coat of arms of Ukraine (Tryzub) – the symbol of Rurik Family.

-Britannia, the personification of Great Britain (since the beging of the Roman period is depicted wielding a trident, symbolising Britain's naval power. It also is Poseidon's main weapon.

-The US Navy Special Warfare insignia, worn by members of the US Navy SEALs, and containing a trident representing the three aspects (Sea, Air, and Land) of SEAL special operations.

-Part of the golden-colored crest of the United States Naval Academy, which depicts a trident running vertically in its background.

-The symbol for Washington and Lee University.

-The symbol (since June 2008) for the athletic teams (Tritons) at the University of Missouri–St. Louis.

-Sparky the Sun Devil, the mascot of Arizona State University, holds a trident. (ASU recently redesigned its trident as a stand-alone symbol, though it refers to it as a pitchfork.)

-An element on the flag of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society

-The Maserati logo

-Surviving steel beams from WTC Twin Towers used at 9/11 Memorial Museum

-The glyph or sigil of the planet Neptune in astronomy and astrology.

• Like 1

I feel your trail would be better served if you left the white mans records out and looked more into her indiginous peoples. Is their a local res nearbye? If so, most have web sites. You could ask permission to inquire there. They might not want you too unless their interest is moved as yours is.

Unfortunately the last reservation in this area disbanded in the late 1600s.

The woman who signed the deed (the whites gave her the name Cicely), may have taken her family and moved north to the Quebec area or west to upstate NY. There were French settlements in these areas and they were much more respectful to the Indians than the English were. Unfortunately I’ve found nothing about them in the few records I’ve found from these areas.

Yes, and I’m open to that, too.

Unfortunately the last reservation in this area disbanded in the late 1600s.

The woman who signed the deed (the whites gave her the name Cicely), may have taken her family and moved north to the Quebec area or west to upstate NY. There were French settlements in these areas and they were much more respectful to the Indians than the English were. Unfortunately I've found nothing about them in the few records I've found from these areas.

Yes, and I'm open to that, too.

Hmmm, quite a mystery. Please keep us posted on your findings.

Hmmm, quite a mystery. Please keep us posted on your findings.

One theory I have is that this is much older than the era of the woman who signed that deed.

I believe what I am feeling is what they have felt, and the people before them have felt, and the people after me will feel.

Yesterday while hiking there I softly spoke the name of the woman’s grandfather. At that exact moment I spooked 2 deer, a parent and a child. They were about 20 feet from me. They took a few steps and then just stood there. We watched each other for a couple minutes, and then I thanked them and walk past ‘em.

I see deer out there a few times a year. I sometimes speak the names of the people I’ve been able to research, but I only do this once a month at most. So yesterday was another one of those times when I wonder if it’s just coincidence, or if there’s really a cause-and-affect thing going on.

Very interesting. And sounds like you're done lots of research. You've collected facts and images. Laid-out the information, to gain a insight into why this has, and is happening. I will be interested as to where this all leads :)

One theory I have is that this is much older than the era of the woman who signed that deed.

I believe what I am feeling is what they have felt, and the people before them have felt, and the people after me will feel.

Yesterday while hiking there I softly spoke the name of the woman's grandfather. At that exact moment I spooked 2 deer, a parent and a child. They were about 20 feet from me. They took a few steps and then just stood there. We watched each other for a couple minutes, and then I thanked them and walk past 'em.

I see deer out there a few times a year. I sometimes speak the names of the people I've been able to research, but I only do this once a month at most. So yesterday was another one of those times when I wonder if it's just coincidence, or if there's really a cause-and-affect thing going on.

I am smiling because I think the deer could have had meaning. Maybe not or maybe so. You never know about these things. Either way you look at it, it was a nice moment, eh? Have a good one and keep me posted.

• 3 months later...

Very interesting. And sounds like you're done lots of research. You've collected facts and images. Laid-out the information, to gain a insight into why this has, and is happening. I will be interested as to where this all leads :)

Ok, here's an update!

A connection to the Salem With Trials of 1692

Not sure how I missed this over the past few years of research I’ve been doing on these woods…

A particular woman was accused and convicted of witchcraft in the Salem witch trials. (Her daughters were also arrested and jailed but their lives were spared because they were 8 and 10 years old.)

This woman was sentenced to be hanged but was not put to death because she was pregnant.

By the time the baby was born 19 people had been convicted of being witches and were killed.

After being jailed for about 4 months she was released, as the witch craze died down.

When this baby (which arguably saved her life) was an adult he purchased and lived on the land which I’ve been writing about. It was in their family for over 200 years.

• 1 month later...

This stone just turned up under odd circumstances.

Does the marking on it look like anything to anyone?

bt1a.jpg

This stone just turned up under odd circumstances.

Does the marking on it look like anything to anyone?

bt1a.jpg

I have nothing to add, other than it looked like a potatoe.

• Like 2

The three pronged Mark looks like the letter shin ,from the Hebrew alphabet .

http://www.inner.org/hebleter/shin.htm

I only know it,because its on many of the seals from the 6th and 7th books of Moses,which are used in magick.

I've drawn it literally 100s of times.

The Mark on the rock however,looks like a rune to me.

Let me look up which one .

Here:

It looks like opila

Here it says it means separation,but it also has to do with property.

The aquisition of it usually

http://www.holisticreview.co.uk/Runes/Rune-Stones/Othila.php

Edited by Simbi Laveau

The three pronged Mark looks like the letter shin ,from the Hebrew alphabet .

http://www.inner.org/hebleter/shin.htm

I only know it,because its on many of the seals from the 6th and 7th books of Moses,which are used in magick.

I've drawn it literally 100s of times.

The Mark on the rock however,looks like a rune to me.

Let me look up which one .

Here:

It looks like opila

Here it says it means separation,but it also has to do with property.

The aquisition of it usually

http://www.holisticr...ones/Othila.php

Thank you for the excellent lead and thanks for taking the time to reply.

I knew that was something I’d seen before, but I searched and could not identify it.

It does look like Othila.

I appreciate your time, Simbi.

• Like 1

I knew that was something I’d seen before, but I searched and could not identify it.

No problem .

Unfortunately,I didn't come in here for some months,so I've missed some stuff . I don't see these older posts,unless someone comments on them,and they pop up .

If its something I know about,I never hesitate to answer .

Xxoo

Here it is next to Othila:

othila_and_stone1.jpg

Here it is next to Othila:

othila_and_stone1.jpg

Well what do you think ?

I'm not hugely into runes,but I've used them enough to know what they look like,and some basic meanings. I associate them with scand countries ,and i initially learned they were Norwegian in origin,but they have germanic roots .

Does it resonate with you for any reason ?

I have no warm fuzzies for most scand things,but I've been told that one of my guardians is i gigantic Viking.

The guy who told me this is a Cuban high priest,who barely spoke English . He's the real deal,and initially he just described him to me,as he didn't even know what to call it .

He said in 30 years,he had never seen anything like it . My other guardian is from the Congo,and looks like a small child.

So....it has to do with origins of our souls.

This may have no bearing on that at all,and the other symbol is from the other side of the spectrum,but this seems to be the way of it,especially if your soul is old.

Edited by Simbi Laveau