Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Indianapolis: Church Bus Crash Kills Three

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,194 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

Indianapolis: Church Bus Crash Kills Three
Three people were killed and 26 injured when a bus carrying mostly teens from a church camp crashed in Indianapolis.
A total of 37 people, including adults, were on board the bus, which was on its way back to an Indianapolis church when it crashed.
Witnesses said the bus came speeding off of an interstate highway on Saturday afternoon, struck a retaining wall as it tried to round a curve and overturned.
Local station WTHR-TV reported the bus driver told witnesses his brakes failed.

Read more on this - http://news.sky.com/...ash-kills-three
That is so sad...This means their other child is left without parents and a new sibling that was due in a few weeks...The Article says three killed but as she was about to give birth in a few weeks, I personally count that as the fourth...
It seems we are hearing a lot about public transport crashes these days... It was only the other day we learned of a train crashing, killing over 70 odd people...

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 28 July 2013 - 08:18 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#2    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

So.....because they were coming back from church camp they were 'doomed"?....I fail to see the relevancy or importance...accidents happen.  It's a tragedy anytime that a young person loses their life....but your point is???????

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#3    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,194 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

View PostJeremiah65, on 28 July 2013 - 09:45 PM, said:

So.....because they were coming back from church camp they were 'doomed"?..

Who said that?  I never noticed this in the article, and I never said it in my OP......Are you reading something completely different?

.but your point is???????   

I wasn't making a point, I merely posted a news article that I saw today on Sky News. UM is full of them....  Good grief  *Sigh*  ...

I guess posting a news article on UM now constitutes of making some wacky point?  ..It's just another news article.. !!

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 28 July 2013 - 09:54 PM.

#4    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Psychic Spy

• 1,843 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

Well...sort of...on boards like this...."most" people are trying to make a point.....I apologize if I misinterpreted your intent....

It is sad....anytime a parent has to bury a child....the world weeps just a little....

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#5    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,194 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:17 PM

View PostJeremiah65, on 28 July 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

Well...sort of...on boards like this...."most" people are trying to make a point.....I apologize if I misinterpreted your intent....

It is sad....anytime a parent has to bury a child....the world weeps just a little....

Thank you for the apology, much appreciated ..

No, I wasn't making any point.. I saw it on Sky News, and when I heard the poor woman was killed right before she was due to give birth to her second child, it brought back memories of myself loosing my own second child a few weeks before she ( my daughter )  was due to be born.. In a way, the story touched me.

#6    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,373 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:10 PM

No word on whether the Villiage People will protest the funeral.

#7    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,194 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:15 PM

View Postsupervike, on 28 July 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

No word on whether the Villiage People will protest the funeral.

I doubt they are related the the WBC Phelps... I think it's just a coincidence that they just happen to belong to a baptist church with the same surname...

#8    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,258 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:46 PM

Why so many church bus accidents, I wonder.   Maybe they are just widely reported on the news.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#9    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• 1,596 posts

• "If you can't say something nice, be creative."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:41 AM

View Postlittle_dreamer, on 28 July 2013 - 11:46 PM, said:

Why so many church bus accidents, I wonder.   Maybe they are just widely reported on the news.

Less money to pay professional drivers, willing but inexperienced volunteers, under-regulated church transportation, signs of the time?

All in all, a terrible tragedy.

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#10    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,271 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:06 AM

I've often wondered how the good church going folk come to terms with tragedies such as this.

Typcially you hear the age old "God works in mysterious ways" baloney.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#11    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,020 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:13 PM

Sad story.   I hope more churches start ti inspect their vehicles more often.    Many times, there is a member of the church who will do it free or at a much discounted price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users