Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Human Race Will Come To An End

Still Waters

What does the future have in store for the human race?

Evolution, as the past 4 billion years have repeatedly illustrated, holds an endless supply of tricks up its long and ancient sleeve. Anything is possible, given enough millennia. Inevitably the forces of natural selection will require us to branch out into differentiated versions of our current selves, like so many Galápagos finches... assuming, that is, that we have enough time to leave our evolution to our genes.

http://www.popsci.co...-come-to-an-end

• Like 1

Thank God! It sickens me more every day what humans have become.

Our end can't come soon enough.

• Like 5

The way we are today we deserve it.

• Like 3

Not every single Human being but the ones destroying the Earth speak for all of us. So were by defacto letting them do it we are just as bad.

I learned this from Obama. Because some crazy with a gun shot up a school we are all crazy and must have our guns removed.

Yes Im being fascist.

But thats whats being taught today in America.

• Like 3

Yes, every single human being deserves to not exist. Man we're horrible. Boo humans. -not sarcasm-

Fixed for you.

• Like 1

Fixed for you.

Oh Pollocks to that and you know it. I think it's stupid for anyone to think 'man, humans are dumb.' When THEY'RE human. Great self-loathing, no wonder our generation is so pessimistic.

Edited by Hasina
  • Like 4

Oh Pollocks to that and you know it. I think it's stupid for anyone to think 'man, humans are dumb.' When THEY'RE human. Great self-loathing, no wonder out generation is so pessimistic.

I am what they made me. ;)

Maybe I need my faith in humanity restored. Don't see it happening soon however.

I am what they made me. ;)

Maybe I need my faith in humanity restored. Don't see it happening soon however.

But you haven't met everyone! Maybe I have too much faith in humanity, that may be the flip flop of it, actually. What keeps my chin up are the good thugs I hear and the good feelings I have. I may have found heart break, but before that? Glorious romantic love I wouldn't trade for the world. Someone made me feel those emotions without trying, without my say so, my heart was theirs. I guess that one little thing is what keeps me starry eyed.

• Like 3

But you haven't met everyone! Maybe I have too much faith in humanity, that may be the flip flop of it, actually. What keeps my chin up are the good thugs I hear and the good feelings I have. I may have found heart break, but before that? Glorious romantic love I wouldn't trade for the world. Someone made me feel those emotions without trying, without my say so, my heart was theirs. I guess that one little thing is what keeps me starry eyed.

I do agree with you, but as the saying goes; "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

So while the world leaders destroy the planet and enslave us, we are at fault for letting them. What does that make the rest of us?

• Like 2

One event is going to be enough:

Fukushima

If that particular SNAFU by the entire world isn't enough, right now, I'm sure it will be when the next quake hits.

Edited by linttrap

I do agree with you, but as the saying goes; "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

So while the world leaders destroy the planet and enslave us, we are at fault for letting them. What does that make the rest of us?

That's only if you take the quote as truth. And as my own views are there's no real 'evil' or 'good' just our own views on actions and reactions.

One event is going to be enough:

Fukushima

If that particular SNAFU by the entire world isn't enough, right now, I'm sure it will be when the next quake hits.

How do you mean?

That's only if you take the quote as truth. And as my own views are there's no real 'evil' or 'good' just our own views on actions and reactions.

It doesn't nessacarily mean evil in that sense. It just means like someone doing bad stuff. lol

So it pretty much means if you walk past some guy kicking some other guys head in and do nothing then you are jsut as guilty for not helping.

• Like 1

It doesn't nessacarily mean evil in that sense. It just means like someone doing bad stuff. lol

So it pretty much means if you walk past some guy kicking some other guys head in and do nothing then you are jsut as guilty for not helping.

What if that guy doing the kicking had good reason to do so?If you help the other guy out then are you guilty of his offense aswell?Once i was about to start kicking this guys teeth out 1 at a time for good reason and someone tried stopping me so i messed both of them up.The 1 for what he had done,the other for trying to grab ahold of me and stop me.Was i wrong?

Could I stop it? Or would I just end up as 'the gal with her head caved in'?

Maybe that guy was the bad one, the fellow getting his head kicked in. What if he had just beaten up that guys sister or something? I could commit 'evil' by thinking I'm stopping 'evil', in this case, letting a lady beater go or I get beaten up for trying to stop some guy from beating up another guy.

I'd have to weigh the safety issues, when it comes to things like politics nowadays, as of November even , I vote, I pay attention and I'll be active when I can and hopefully do things. I am but one lady in one suburb in one city in one state in one country on one continent on one planet in one solar system in one galaxy in the only universe I know, without us, sure there may be others to see the small and large pictures, the wars and the lovers who whisper sweet nothing's to each at night. We give substance to this universe, I think, with our irrational thoughts and feelings.

(Sorry, rant D: )

Edited by Hasina

What if that guy doing the kicking had good reason to do so?If you help the other guy out then are you guilty of his offense aswell?Once i was about to start kicking this guys teeth out 1 at a time for good reason and someone tried stopping me so i messed both of them up.The 1 for what he had done,the other for trying to grab ahold of me and stop me.Was i wrong?

Yes you where.

Simple really. You should have explained to the person calmly, even let the other guy go. If revenge ment that much to you, then youcan get him back another time. Always better to do it in less public place anyway where there is no evidence.

Could I stop it? Or would I just end up as 'the gal with her head caved in'?

Maybe that guy was the bad one, the fellow getting his head kicked in. What if he had just beaten up that guys sister or something? I could commit 'evil' by thinking I'm stopping 'evil', in this case, letting a lady beater go or I get beaten up for trying to stop some guy from beating up another guy.

I'd have to weigh the safety issues, when it comes to things like politics nowadays, as of November even , I vote, I pay attention and I'll be active when I can and hopefully do things. I am but one lady in one suburb in one city in one state in one country on one continent on one planet in one solar system in one galaxy in the only universe I know, without us, sure there may be others to see the small and large pictures, the wars and the lovers who whisper sweet nothing's to each at night. We give substance to this universe, I think, with our irrational thoughts and feelings.

(Sorry, rant D: )

Knew you where going to say that. lol

I knew I should have said the following; You can call the police or call for help from other.. that counts as doing something.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

Yes you where.

Simple really. You should have explained to the person calmly, even let the other guy go. If revenge ment that much to you, then youcan get him back another time. Always better to do it in less public place anyway where there is no evidence.

I knew I should have said the following; You can call the police or call for help from other.. that counts as doing something.

Oh then yes, of course I'd do that. Call the cops, yes. Why wouldn't I? It'd only make sense. Now! If someone attacks me? If it's my home well... They're leaving in a body bag.

• Like 2

Oh then yes, of course I'd do that. Call the cops, yes. Why wouldn't I? It'd only make sense. Now! If someone attacks me? If it's my home well... They're leaving in a body bag.

Well that's my point, all the people who would do oemhting to help, doesn't change the world.

I guess the problem is too many people are ignorant to it or there just isn't enough good people yet.

Well that's my point, all the people who would do oemhting to help, doesn't change the world.

I guess the problem is too many people are ignorant to it or there just isn't enough good people yet.

I think it may be because when you think 'it's time to make things better!' you mentally slam into this wall of 'but I'm only one person what can I do!?' and it reigns us back. Other times, you'll hear about someone who seems good (let's take Lance Armstrong) and then it turns out he's a lying d-bag who didn't deserve a second chance. It eats away at our ideals and dreams, and the 'good' people will think 'this will only be helping the bad people', and things start grinding to a hault.

• Like 1

Yes you where.

I can see where you are coming from,but i had very good reason for doing so!I had tried getting him back several times,but he always found some way out.Plus the other guy was a friend of his and possibly could have been involved.I did not do it in a public place,went to a party out in the woods one night and there he was to his suprise i was there also hahaha

• Like 1

I can see where you are coming from,but i had very good reason for doing so!I had tried getting him back several times,but he always found some way out.Plus the other guy was a friend of his and possibly could have been involved.I did not do it in a public place,went to a party out in the woods one night and there he was to his suprise i was there also hahaha

Haha, well that's not really the kind of situation I mean.

I meant more along the lines of someone being mugged and beaten. lol

I think it may be because when you think 'it's time to make things better!' you mentally slam into this wall of 'but I'm only one person what can I do!?' and it reigns us back. Other times, you'll hear about someone who seems good (let's take Lance Armstrong) and then it turns out he's a lying d-bag who didn't deserve a second chance. It eats away at our ideals and dreams, and the 'good' people will think 'this will only be helping the bad people', and things start grinding to a hault.

Completely true.

On top of that whenever someone does step up thye either get called a nutcase or shot.

As a race we have assisinated loads of great people. lol

You cna't jsut pull a braveheart in this day and age. lol

Edited by Coffey

What does the future have in store for the human race?

Evolution, as the past 4 billion years have repeatedly illustrated, holds an endless supply of tricks up its long and ancient sleeve. Anything is possible, given enough millennia. Inevitably the forces of natural selection will require us to branch out into differentiated versions of our current selves, like so many Galápagos finches... assuming, that is, that we have enough time to leave our evolution to our genes.

http://www.popsci.co...-come-to-an-end

Thanks for the sharing of the article it was quite thought provoking. :tu:

It can be said that us Humans do have our faults. We squabble and bicker with one another, do unkind things and also very stupid things. However, it can also be said that us Humans have also our uniquenesses. We dream, imagine and also create wondrous things. Within the last few years, I've become a bit misanthropic and my overall view of the world has turned me into a pejorist. I do not like being that way. So, to counter that, I think instead, of what a total unification within our Human race against others who may not be Human and not from our world. If there is a when for that day to come, then I strongly believe that we would march through any endeavor to keep our race alive. Sound a bit Hollywood? Maybe. But Hollywood is made up of Humans too, they just happen to be the ones with the more imaginative gene, which could very well save all our lives someday.

We are like a (normal) dysfunctional family. We give each other difficult times. Although, if an outsider were to intervene, then said outsider would be wishing that they just kept on going giving Earth a very very very wide one-way orbit.

We may not like each other. But we all want to continue living...on our own planet...in our own space...in our own time.

This is our home and we are family.

Get used to it already! :w00t:

Kind Regards :)

If we don't change I can see the human race ending with no further evolution. We are becoming overpopulated, we pollute and over use natural resources. Global warming is changing the planet, the places once great for farming or living may not be in the future. Then bring in one good asteroid strike.

• Like 1

Not every single Human being but the ones destroying the Earth speak for all of us. So were by defacto letting them do it we are just as bad.

Humans are not destroying the Earth. In fact humans are the only known thing in existence that can possibly save the Earth, Sun, Milky Way, etc. from their inevitable fates. If we don't continue to utilize the Earth's resources now, then there's no hope of ever saving it.