Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Power can corrupt

markdohle

Power can corrupt

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Abraham Lincoln

I am often hard on politicians, all the while knowing that I have no idea what I would be like if I ever got into politics. Greed, power and sex seem to be a lethal combination for many; why would it be any different for me? Would I be a good politician, I don't know, never had power like that.....and you know....best not to find out. Some people want to get into the political ring, let them have a go at it. It is for some a true calling I believe.

Br. MD

I say we get rid of all politicians and build the thunder dome from Mad Max. When there is a disagreement over policy, all parties battle to the death in the thunder dome. Last man standing wins.

• Like 1

There's also a different kind of power. The old Zen story of a strong young man pushing his way boldly through a crowd, and a weak old man sidling his way through gently without bothering anyone. Both get through the crowd.

One has great strength but no power, the other, no strength but great power.

• Like 1

I say we get rid of all politicians and build the thunder dome from Mad Max. When there is a disagreement over policy, all parties battle to the death in the thunder dome. Last man standing wins.

Make a great movie, but in real life, could get worse actually LOL.

peace

mark

There's also a different kind of power. The old Zen story of a strong young man pushing his way boldly through a crowd, and a weak old man sidling his way through gently without bothering anyone. Both get through the crowd.

One has great strength but no power, the other, no strength but great power.

Well put my friend.

Peace

mark