Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Neanderthal to be born to surrogate mother?

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#31    KainFall

KainFall

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

• Nothing is as it may seem.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

View Postdharma warrior, on 19 January 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

Silly question. Of course it would have to be a surrogate mother. If they were using an actual Neanderthal mother, there wouldn't be much point to all that cloning, would there?
If they're successful we are looking at the future president of the NRA.
Go where? doing what? With who? ah yeh of course. lol. Not only will it be the future president of the NRA but A national Professional World Game hunter, Im sure.. Cause well... I was taught in school that the neanderthal were wandering creatures who thought that the other human species, of whom set up settlements and relied on knowledge.. were weak.. and tryed to kill them.. all the time... sooooo uh.. "Looks around" Yeah pretty much. New Hitler of our age I presume.

Open Your Mind To New Experiences

#32    Raven_Tear

Raven_Tear

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

• Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

No, no, no, no, no. Idiotic idea. Leave the past where it is.

#33    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

This should be sung to the mother of that neanderthal...

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#34    27vet

27vet

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

• Sometimes I sits and thinks and sometimes I just sits.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Great theme for a movie though...

#35    sergeantflynn

sergeantflynn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 165 posts

• WHY WORRY ?

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

Of all the Worlds shortcomings this is the best THEY can come up with . Praise be to THEM who should have been flushed at birth .

#36    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Spectating

• 4,729 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

Didn't we just absorb the Neanderthal population? If that is the case I am sure I have seen some people that fit the Neanderthal profile very well and are more than capable of birthing a Neanderthal child without the ethical hang ups. ;)

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#37    xxxch00bxxx

xxxch00bxxx

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

• There is one thing i do know is that i know nothing

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

this should have been done already

#38    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,283 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

Seems like an extraordinarily bad idea to me. It would be like purposefully growing a Downs Child, or purposefully causig autism in a child. This would be a person, not an animal. It even stinks of Eugenics, since that neanderthal would eventually be forced (maybe not forced...) to have children of its own. And those peoples might be as smart as us, but stronger, or live longer, or something and then everyone will wonder if it is genetic and if Their Own test tube kids can have the same. Celebrities/Rich today already pick and chose genetic markers for thier kids.

Edited by DieChecker, 21 January 2013 - 01:30 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#39    xxxch00bxxx

xxxch00bxxx

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

• There is one thing i do know is that i know nothing

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 21 January 2013 - 01:29 AM, said:

Seems like an extraordinarily bad idea to me. It would be like purposefully growing a Downs Child, or purposefully causig autism in a child. This would be a person, not an animal. It even stinks of Eugenics, since that neanderthal would eventually be forced (maybe not forced...) to have children of its own. And those peoples might be as smart as us, but stronger, or live longer, or something and then everyone will wonder if it is genetic and if Their Own test tube kids can have the same. Celebrities/Rich today already pick and chose genetic markers for thier kids.

i think the point of bringing it back is to rebuild the population and what's so bad about that? As humans we have decimated many species unknowingly and on purpose i think its time we take up responsibility as a sentient species.

#40    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,283 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

We had dire wolves, giant bears, smilodons, ground sloths, mammoths, cheetahs, giant flightless birds and lots of other mega fauna in the Americas and yet, I don't think it a good idea to bring any of those back either.

Suppose science creates 2000 neanderthals. Where do they go? Who is going to govern them? How do you keep them on their Reservation? How are they going to get money?

Suppose they can easily speak English, or German, or Korean... whatever... and it turns out they are intelligent and want to be part of the world, then what? Just let them mingle back into society? Perhaps... but then doesn't that counter the entire reason for the experiment at all? Suppose then they want to intermarry with the "Regular" humans? Will their be laws to forbid that? Will they have full Rights in the nation they live in?

It is just a very big Can of Worms, with little to gain. Bring back a couple might be science worthy, but then so is any number of genetic experiments that are generally forbidden for many reasons.

They are gone and it would be the more moral thing to do to leave them that way.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#41    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,700 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

View Postxxxch00bxxx, on 21 January 2013 - 01:31 AM, said:

i think the point of bringing it back is to rebuild the population and what's so bad about that? As humans we have decimated many species unknowingly and on purpose i think its time we take up responsibility as a sentient species.
These species died out long ago for a reason.  (Survival of the Fittest).  To quote  very famous movie: "Yeah, yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should."

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#42    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,283 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 21 January 2013 - 02:43 AM, said:

These species died out long ago for a reason.  (Survival of the Fittest).  To quote  very famous movie: "Yeah, yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should."
Isn't that how some of the better Sci-Fi and Horror movies start out?? :yes:

#43    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

What a sad idea and for all the costs and troubles, the creature would be treated like a specimen on a microscope petrie dish and paraded around for the media  like a circus freak.

Science can do much better things than this! Its wrong and immoral.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#44    Ad hoc

Ad hoc

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

• A man's worth is no greater than his ambitions.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

haha!
well IMO this actually happening any time in the foreseeable future would be politically nearly impossible with attitudes surrounding such a thing, and with major concerns about human rights coming into play.
This is after all, an era of political obsession with human rights (as it should be).

Cloning animals may have happened, but cloning a near human - especially what may well be a 'retarded' human - is way too contentious and would probably even fall under legislation, or would cause the modification of legislation, concerning the cloning of humans.

And the first neanderthal was born a week later.

Edited by ad hoc, 21 January 2013 - 05:57 AM.

#45    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,014 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

I am curious. I have no problem with diversity, and this is indeed increased diversity. It is interesting enough now, with so many humans on the planet, so many facets. I honestly do not know if this would be good or bad, but it is a curious ideal to ponder. I like many races on the planet, each has something special to share. And the diversity in looks is fascinating.
I am indifferent. I'd like to see if they actually mange to get this one across the line. There would be heavy opposition. I wonder how such would be justified?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users