Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Problem with Magick

Blueogre2

Greetings, forum. It has come to my attention that Magick, is a rather useless thing. I am not saying that it does not work. I do believe that it does but the effects seem to be rather unpredictable and limited in it's practicality. Furthermore their is the problem of negative spirits which every person who involves themselves in this practice eventually encounters. But I am interested in hearing what other people think

• Like 2

idk maybe it is real or not but the "affects" of it seem very small, so i think you could probably put that time and effort into something else but again what do i know (only got a 20 out of 50 on the UM smart test >.>)

To be honest, I've never tried magick, so I won't say anything either for or against. However, I will say that I have a few friends who are neopagan and practice magick. They have had success with it.

A bit like prayer?

Useless = No, it has worked for me countless times, far too many times to list, more often than not, I would be brave enough to say.

Unpredictable = May be at first, because of lack of practise, understanding of certain key point/elements which make up the whole or arrogance, ignorance, even the timings.... All play their part.

Limited = I am not sure I am still working on a few things that as yet have not been made manifest but as I said there are timings to these things. Somethings take time. So, limited...I am still researching into it and can not say with clarity that it is limited.

Practicality = I do not find it impractical....How do you mean exactly?

Problem of negative spirits = Hmmmmmm, just walk down the street, listen to a conversation at work or at the bus stop...Where ever what ever you do or go, there is someone negative, spewing negativity, don't need some shadowy spirit to blame....But really, i need you to be a bit clearer about these negative spirits of which you speak. To be able to answer more fully.

I think i have covered all your point.

• Like 1

Greetings, forum. It has come to my attention that Magick, is a rather useless thing. I am not saying that it does not work. I do believe that it does but the effects seem to be rather unpredictable and limited in it's practicality. Furthermore their is the problem of negative spirits which every person who involves themselves in this practice eventually encounters. But I am interested in hearing what other people think

I dont call it magic but something very similar is a very important and powerful part of my life. I dont find it trivial or limited. It works as well as machines do, and nature does. One just has to understand it, make oneself a part of it, and utilise it.

PArt of my understanding, is that i am never negative. I cant be. There are no doubts, or worries, or fears, to hold me back. MAybe thats why magic works so well and consistently for me. I know it exists. I know it works, and so it does.

But as i said; to me its not magic but miracle. The power(s) granted through being a part of the universe /cosmic consciousness/god.

This power/magic permeates me and the universe, and makes many things possible.

• Like 3

To pretty much the entire world. I challenge you to prove otherwise.

Have those warts gone away yet? :devil:

• Like 4

I dont call it magic but something very similar is a very important and powerful part of my life. I dont find it trivial or limited. It works as well as machines do, and nature does. One just has to understand it, make oneself a part of it, and utilise it.

PArt of my understanding, is that i am never negative. I cant be. There are no doubts, or worries, or fears, to hold me back. MAybe thats why magic works so well and consistently for me. I know it exists. I know it works, and so it does.

But as i said; to me its not magic but miracle. The power(s) granted through being a part of the universe /cosmic consciousness/god.

This power/magic permeates me and the universe, and makes many things possible.

:) yes, I agree with this

• Like 1

depends on who your praying to

they do say: be careful what you pray for

1185841862075.jpg
  • Like 6

To pretty much the entire world. I challenge you to prove otherwise.

I really can't be bothered with you.

If you had bothered to read what I had written, you would have noted that I am in the process of research and exploration into these very things but no.

Saying that you are in the majority (Pretty much the entire world) is foolish, as really you don't come across to me as someone qualified to say so.

Even if you could prove that you were in the majority and that majority believed magic isn't real..... That, quite honestly wouldn't mean anything to me. Not when you consider such things as the long held belief that the world was flat or that.... Oh really, don't you get bored of being so bland?

There's a lot more people on this world than you and your narrow mindedness seems to be aware of.

I really can't be @rsed.

• Like 2

Well, when I personally dabbled in magic and the occult I remember carrying out a little something which indeed worked very well and thankfully had no noticeable negative side effects.

• Like 2

I really can't be bothered with you.

If you had bothered to read what I had written, you would have noted that I am in the process of research and exploration into these very things but no.

Saying that you are in the majority (Pretty much the entire world) is foolish, as really you don't come across to me as someone qualified to say so.

Even if you could prove that you were in the majority and that majority believed magic isn't real..... That, quite honestly wouldn't mean anything to me. Not when you consider such things as the long held belief that the world was flat or that.... Oh really, don't you get bored of being so bland?

There's a lot more people on this world than you and your narrow mindedness seems to be aware of.

I really can't be @rsed.

Oh ,I'm so glad you've been able to figure me out sooo well........

You "magic" is just a bunch of crap. Have fun with your pointless spells and and even more backward beliefs. I'm going to continue to live in the real world.

Edit: So you can't prove it, huh? Didn't think so.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 2

It has been a long day for me, so my thread is on second page, i would never be in dispute of Egyptian Dreams Forum, but what comes after, has little to do with forum. i have mentioned, no doubt you will find they are barbed, i fully understand why...human concept after, is an area you may want to ponder, obviously, power is religion. humans do apply, in truth it has little to with Egyptians..much that is shown has much to do with how Religion was enforced....don't blame the ancient Egyptian religion, it got lost in power play a long time ago!

You may find me a puzzle, i'm not hard to decipher, treat me as a chess game. look up my thread on this forum, but please apply religious beliefs through the ages!!!

Edited by monk 56

Well, when I personally dabbled in magic and the occult I remember carrying out a little something which indeed worked very well and thankfully had no noticeable negative side effects.

Are you sure there were no side effects? You're looking kind of blue and furry.

• Like 1

Are you sure there were no side effects? You're looking kind of blue and furry.

Indeed Fluffs, you didn't look like that the other day, you looked much more hardcore. Have you lost your immortality? Don't dabble with that which you don't understand...

• Like 1

Remember: " Magic is Science Unexplained"

In ancient times the use of "herbs" and basic chemical reactions were considered magick

If a man does surgery or any advanced medical technique in medieval times that man would be considered a witch

I suggest you read Aleistair Crowley's Magick in Theory and Practice

It states that magick is a way of Achieving condition X if you fulfill Condition A which requires ingredients and formulas.

Basically it is more of a science than something mystical.

:w00t: Hope that helps

Indeed Fluffs, you didn't look like that the other day, you looked much more hardcore. Have you lost your immortality? Don't dabble with that which you don't understand...

I'm still an immortal reptilian. :lol:

I like changing my picture from time to time, it's kinda like a tradition.

• Like 1

In ancient times the use of "herbs" and basic chemical reactions were considered magick

If a man does surgery or any advanced medical technique in medieval times that man would be considered a witch

It states that magick is a way of Achieving condition X if you fulfill Condition A which requires ingredients and formulas.

I wonder if scientific thinking comes from the air...

or even the unexplained scientific process

Greetings Blue...,

It is my stance that energy permeates all around us. And that we have the potential to tap into it. This view is nothing new. Consider ancient religions. The Bible itself has many magical aspects throughout the whole books and many magicians were in competition amongst one another (ie Simon Magus, Jesus, etc). The Babylonians were very much influenced by Astrology and the notion of "as above, so below." Egyptians and Tibetans have their own books of magic as do other regions. Certainly magic is nothing new. Magic is everywhere and in different guises, be it tarot, astrology, numerology, alchemy, etc. etc. etc. and more importantly in the "self." The brain is the most potent thing we have. The body the spirit in which to chanel such energy in. After all we have the ability to manifest something as amazing as God/s.

As an addendum if interested Eliphas Levi (while biased to his views of Catholism--then again doesn't everyone have an agenda?), still presents some of the most romantic, and in depth studies into magic up to date.

SINcerely,

:devil:

Edited by Dying Seraph

To be honest I never seen magic as being real; it is a nice dream but I never seen any magic work...ever.

It's sort of like this video I watched about faeries, there was this one so-called "expert" who claimed to see them then proceeded to emphatically claim there was one just a few feet away and points to...empty space.

He then calims that if you don't believe in faeries then you cannot see them.

That's like saying if you don't believe in elephants then you can never see them...until they squash you flat.

To be honest I never seen magic as being real; it is a nice dream but I never seen any magic work...ever.

It's sort of like this video I watched about faeries, there was this one so-called "expert" who claimed to see them then proceeded to emphatically claim there was one just a few feet away and points to...empty space.

He then calims that if you don't believe in faeries then you cannot see them.

That's like saying if you don't believe in elephants then you can never see them...until they squash you flat.

Greetings Ryu,

It is becoming more and more accepted that one of the greatest scientific minds in Isaac Newton's work on the laws of light and theory of gravity were quite possibly inspired by his alchemical works (ie his creation in alchemical process of "the net" and examining it for hours). His own alchemical notes convey as much. Recorded in history is Newtons own very dangerous alchemical experiments on himself at the risk of his eyesite to prove that in darkness lies not darkness but a broad spectrum of colors.

Never underestimate the power of the "placebo effect." :lol:<_< In other words what you and I may consider smething as simple as a hug and the chemicle reaction that arises in our brain from it...to some the feeling/energy one recieves from such a simple act is "magical." :) Thus magic can be found even in the most mundane of things. And with that said it certainly pends on just what the individual themself defines as magic and thusly puts their own restrictions/limitations as to what could qualify as magic.

SINcerely,

:devil: