Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Malta Cave and missing Children.

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#16    JustMeRicky

JustMeRicky

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

• "The Truth is out there."

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:53 AM

View Posteqgumby, on 23 February 2010 - 06:33 PM, said:

National Geographic didn't publish the story about the 25 ft tall beings, that was actually Boarderland Science, a different publication.
I do not know what you are referring to about the 25 foot tall beings, but as far as the malta tunnles and the missing children, National Geographic absolutly did publish it, it was in 1940, you can check their archives.

"The truth is out there......but are we willing to accept it when we find it?"

#17    JustMeRicky

JustMeRicky

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:55 AM

View Posteqgumby, on 23 February 2010 - 06:33 PM, said:

National Geographic didn't publish the story about the 25 ft tall beings, that was actually Boarderland Science, a different publication.
Cool idea for the credentials set up, I will start tying up mine right away!

Edited by Please-Forgive-Me, 24 February 2010 - 12:56 AM.

#18    MirrorImage

MirrorImage

She who carries a big sword

• 2,356 posts

• If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name in a Swiss bank. -Woody Allen

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:57 AM

View PostPlease-Forgive-Me, on 24 February 2010 - 12:53 AM, said:

I do not know what you are referring to about the 25 foot tall beings, but as far as the malta tunnles and the missing children, National Geographic absolutly did publish it, it was in 1940, you can check their archives.
I hate to be a stickler, but if you're going to make the claim, you need to provide the link yourself to back it up.

The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
Aristotle

Primitive life is very common and intelligent life is fairly rare, some would say it has yet to occur on earth.
Stephen Hawking

If you cant laugh at yourself, you have no right to laugh at others. I laugh alot.

#19    MsKatsipoulis

MsKatsipoulis

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:31 PM

Its an interesting story and im certain there is a logical explanation for it.
Could you pls provide a link as to where your information came from?

****DONT TELL ME THE SKY IS THE LIMITS WHEN THERE ARE FOOTPRINTS ON THE MOON****

#20    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,707 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:22 PM

It's a legit National Geo story, as far as I can tell, it's the real deal. Google "Lois Jessup national geographic", tons of sites pop up. It also appears that she, if it's the same Lois Jessup, at one time was a colleague of Fmr. President Truman. Further it appears that the issue is referenced as National Geographic - August, 1940, Vol. 78, No. 2.

Edited by SpiderCyde, 24 February 2010 - 03:35 PM.

#21    el midgetron

el midgetron

Government Agent

• 3,936 posts

• saturnalian brother

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:21 PM

http://en.wikipedia....f_─Žal-Saflieni

Posted Image

"Feels good to be breaking the laws in America again" - Kenny Powers

#22    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

• If you have genuine psi-powers, you can change the world overnight. So do it, or stop playing Dragon-Ball Z with my brain!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:23 PM

View PostSpiderCyde, on 24 February 2010 - 03:22 PM, said:

It's a legit National Geo story, as far as I can tell, it's the real deal. Google "Lois Jessup national geographic", tons of sites pop up. It also appears that she, if it's the same Lois Jessup, at one time was a colleague of Fmr. President Truman. Further it appears that the issue is referenced as National Geographic - August, 1940, Vol. 78, No. 2.
Can we get a link to the actual Nat Geo article? I looked, and there is none that I can find. There WAS a Nat Geo article on the CAVES, yes, but NOT about the story of giant beings, missing kids (a whole class as reported) or the experience of the woman mentioned. The giants and missing kids and magic wind was reported in Boarderland Science, another magazine I believe. That I DID manage to extract from the web.

Credentials/Background<--This is a link!

It's not about tolerance and it's certainly not about searching for truth. It's about the chic of the intelligentsia. ---  Harmon-E Cherry
http://chzgifs.files...chucknorris.gif

#23    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

• If you have genuine psi-powers, you can change the world overnight. So do it, or stop playing Dragon-Ball Z with my brain!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:26 PM

"Many subterranean passageways, including ancient catacombs, now are a part of the island's fortifications and defense system. Supplies are kept in many tunnels; others are bomb shelters. Beneath Valletta some of the underground areas served as homes for the poor. Prehistoric men built temples and chambers in these vaults. In a pit beside one sacrificial altar lie thousands of human skeletons. Years ago one could walk underground from one end of Malta to the other. The Government closed the entrances to these tunnels after school children and their teachers became lost in the labyrinth while on a study tour and never returned."  
OK, so this is a quote from the actual article.
No mention of giants, etc. Kids lost in the tunnels, never returned, back in the what?...30's?

It's not about tolerance and it's certainly not about searching for truth. It's about the chic of the intelligentsia. ---  Harmon-E Cherry

#24    el midgetron

el midgetron

Government Agent

• 3,936 posts

• saturnalian brother

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:16 PM

I kind of doubt we will find a link to the actual article, at least from a solid source.

I suspect the stories of giants may very well have been in the NatGeo article. However, the wiki page made me wonder if that aspect of the article wasn't reported on in a "mysterious accounts" context within the article about the caves. I think the context is important and I don't think it would be unbelievable for NatGeo to include local legends/myths ect, about a subject reported on in their publication.

Posted Image

"Feels good to be breaking the laws in America again" - Kenny Powers

#25    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:54 PM

View Postel midgetron, on 24 February 2010 - 07:16 PM, said:

I kind of doubt we will find a link to the actual article, at least from a solid source.

I suspect the stories of giants may very well have been in the NatGeo article. However, the wiki page made me wonder if that aspect of the article wasn't reported on in a "mysterious accounts" context within the article about the caves. I think the context is important and I don't think it would be unbelievable for NatGeo to include local legends/myths ect, about a subject reported on in their publication.
I actually saw the giants and the expanded story elsewhere, no mention in teh Nat Geo article or even a mention from a second hand source that it was IN the Nat Geo. The wiki page sources the exact page number of the Nat Geo article.

#26    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,707 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:16 PM

View Posteqgumby, on 24 February 2010 - 07:54 PM, said:

I actually saw the giants and the expanded story elsewhere, no mention in teh Nat Geo article or even a mention from a second hand source that it was IN the Nat Geo. The wiki page sources the exact page number of the Nat Geo article.

Hmmm, weird man, I dunno. Guess it may be a little impossible to determine what actually happened.

#27    JustMeRicky

JustMeRicky

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:58 PM

View PostMirrorImage, on 24 February 2010 - 04:57 AM, said:

I hate to be a stickler, but if you're going to make the claim, you need to provide the link yourself to back it up.
That is ok, you are not a stalker, or whatever you said, I will search for the link and put it here, :)

#28    JustMeRicky

JustMeRicky

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:00 PM

View PostSpiderCyde, on 24 February 2010 - 03:22 PM, said:

Thank you for the back up!

#29    JustMeRicky

JustMeRicky

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:35 PM

I think the first thing we need to do when solving a mystery, or at least coming up with good explanation, is sticking to the facts. The facts here from national goegraphic is that the chidren were lost in the cave, never came back out and were heard screaming from underneath the ground for a time  afterwards. As far as giants and monsters, I do not think that  Nationla geographic said anything about that.
But we are still left with the questions, who cut the rope, where did the class of children with the teacher go, and what about the screams heard aroud the island?
Maybe it is something as simple as the doorway caved in, the teacher thought they had to find another way out and cut the rope so they would not be stuck there, then they all got lost. As far as the screams, they were kids lost in darkness, maybe their teacher or even some of them fell somewhere.
It is actually bothering me as a father to start contemplating this, makes me very sad at the tragedy.

#30    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:07 PM

View PostPlease-Forgive-Me, on 24 February 2010 - 09:35 PM, said:

I think the first thing we need to do when solving a mystery, or at least coming up with good explanation, is sticking to the facts. The facts here from national goegraphic is that the chidren were lost in the cave, never came back out and were heard screaming from underneath the ground for a time  afterwards. As far as giants and monsters, I do not think that  Nationla geographic said anything about that.
But we are still left with the questions, who cut the rope, where did the class of children with the teacher go, and what about the screams heard aroud the island?
Maybe it is something as simple as the doorway caved in, the teacher thought they had to find another way out and cut the rope so they would not be stuck there, then they all got lost. As far as the screams, they were kids lost in darkness, maybe their teacher or even some of them fell somewhere.
It is actually bothering me as a father to start contemplating this, makes me very sad at the tragedy.
Hold on...see, stories are getting crossed here...below is, from wiki at least (which sources the issue and even the page number! of the Nat Geo article):

...The Government closed the entrances to these tunnels after school children and their teachers became lost in the labyrinth while on a study tour and never returned....
That's it. Nothing about screaming for days after they were lost, or even cut rope, let alone 25 ft tall beings. The rest was added later, or part of the story or the legend, or whatever, but I can find NO source other than mystery-style websites or urban legend sites that go into any greater depth.
The only thing we know is an unknown number of "students" (no ages) and their "teachers", again no number got lost and never were found. That's it. No mention of ropes or screams in Nat Geo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users