Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Let the Taxes Rise!

and-then

I would say, why not? Except that in the next turn of House elections the Republicans will get a bigger black eye than this time...

But if they can't get their act together they deserve it.

Good article,but i think deep down Obama wants to go over the Cliff,pass the Buck on to the GOP and keep most of the resulting Tax rises in place.

Good article,but i think deep down Obama wants to go over the Cliff,pass the Buck on to the GOP and keep most of the resulting Tax rises in place.

Oh, I agree..... but I took from the article that if the people of the US have voted in majority for expanded spending then everyone should shoulder some of the burden. It's the only way it would/could ever really work - not that I think it will - but if the people have spoken then so be it. As to the repubs taking the blame - really? They haven't asked for the rises. They've fought them hammer and tongs. But I think at worst we'd get the full monty for 2 years - an all dem steamroller. Then let the people decide what they want. It probably won't be so attractive once their pockets are the one's being picked. And Boehner needs to go of course. What a waste of carbon. He's like a slinky - not much good - but fun to push down the stairs :)

Obama got nothing to loose anymore, he can't be reelected. If somebody hopes to go over the cliff and then in January find a solution that excludes those making over 200,000 it is those who pledged never to raise taxes, they did not (or so they will say).

• Like 1

Oh, I agree..... but I took from the article that if the people of the US have voted in majority for expanded spending then everyone should shoulder some of the burden. It's the only way it would/could ever really work - not that I think it will - but if the people have spoken then so be it. As to the repubs taking the blame - really? They haven't asked for the rises. They've fought them hammer and tongs. But I think at worst we'd get the full monty for 2 years - an all dem steamroller. Then let the people decide what they want. It probably won't be so attractive once their pockets are the one's being picked. And Boehner needs to go of course. What a waste of carbon. He's like a slinky - not much good - but fun to push down the stairs :)

Even though Bush overspent,the Democrats continued to the extent that Tax Hikes now as a short term fix would be ineffective and would need to be a long term fixture to even make a dent in the US Deficit.The US isn't in good shape and reduction in defence spending comes at a time when China and Russia are spending more than ever on Next generation fighters.

• Like 1

Obama got nothing to loose anymore, he can't be reelected. If somebody hopes to go over the cliff and then in January find a solution that excludes those making over 200,000 it is those who pledged never to raise taxes, they did not (or so they will say).

That's a given. They lost the election and now the hammer will fall. But we both know it amounts to next to nothing in real revenue. The REAL money will come from those who can afford it the least - as usual. So if the people of the US want this style of government then let them pay for it. Oby has nothing to lose but his party has quite a lot to lose - in time.

I could care less if we go over the fiscal cliff. In fact I hope government gets a good dose of needing to spend there money frugally. Just like the average american.

• Like 4

I predict that the fiscal cliff will be bailed out by the Fed. There very well may be some sort of compromise or there may not but what will happen is the Fed will continue to print America into prosperity..... lol

Only a few more days to go before everyone`s taxes may go up. I don`nt think the President cares, just more revenue to pay for the Obama health care program, not the debt :) He will just blame the republicans.It also odd that Hillary has disapeared after her so called fall, will the Benghazi hearings ever come about to the truth what really happen in that cover up.?)

Only a few more days to go before everyone`s taxes may go up. I don`nt think the President cares, just more revenue to pay for the Obama health care program, not the debt :) He will just blame the republicans.It also odd that Hillary has disapeared after her so called fall, will the Benghazi hearings ever come about to the truth what really happen in that cover up.?)

If the questions keep coming long enough - yes. But Obama has an ability to create his own reality it seems. If he ignores a problem then it doesn't exist so far as the media is concerned. The MSM should be indicted as co conspirators in his impeachment....but that is another thread....

If the questions keep coming long enough - yes. But Obama has an ability to create his own reality it seems. If he ignores a problem then it doesn't exist so far as the media is concerned. The MSM should be indicted as co conspirators in his impeachment....but that is another thread....

The reality is,that Obama can keep overspending because it will be the Next Generation who will be paying for it.

• Like 1

The reality is,that Obama can keep overspending because it will be the Next Generation who will be paying for it.

That's the idea Shadow - but it's almost out of time now. 16 trillion dollars can't be repaid by anyone. The myth of the Fed's magic money is about to crash. The numbers are just too incredible to be believable any longer. The real question is what will replace the current system. But until then I say let the reality be felt by everyone sooner rather than later. The quicker we face it the sooner we adjust and move beyond it, hopefully.
  • Like 1

We will have to wait and see,my money is on the big crash.

Thank you obma, congress and the house. Just what i wanted less money in my pocket :)

The Fed is going to save itself, add pork and forget about the American public with some little tossed in carrot on a stick. :td:

Thank you obma, congress and the house. Just what i wanted less money in my pocket :)

Do I smell a revolution in the air?

• Like 1

Pew, people have been talking revolution for 12 years. If it didn't happen when the government decided that it can ignore every one of the Constitional amendments, it's noy going to happen now.

Pew, people have been talking revolution for 12 years. If it didn't happen when the government decided that it can ignore every one of the Constitional amendments, it's noy going to happen now.

It's the "bread and circuses effect" but when the economy tanks hard enough there will no longer be any bread or circuses... just lots of anger - and guns.

I think it can happen anytime. I suspect that the worse off we are, the more likely it becomes. We've ignored the Constitution for much longer than 12 years, but the consequences of doing so haven't been obvious or widespread enough for the country to notice, all the while some of us are working hard to continue ignoring it. Right now I'm afraid we've barely scratched the surface of how bad it can get. When the easy money gravy train runs out, the cost of borrowing is going to explode, the American people will actually have to start paying for these crap results we're going broke over, and the rage is going to rise exponentially. Some people will resort to violence and the punditry is going to ask: "Who could have seen this coming? Who could have envisioned an America turned to this?" At least a few of us are already raising our hands.

There might be some blood in the water in the stock market tomorrow as it's the last trading day for investors to get out of positions set to incur higher tax costs for 2013. Dividends (show us the money and we'll trust you) have been all the rage in 2012 but now that the 2012 election/circus is over, Uncle Sam is going to start some serious bill-collecting.

ah, WTH, Should you experience a Boehner lasting for more than four hours, seek medical attention immediately.

• Like 1

The majority of people have to be deprived of something important to them for a revolution to happen. I would be all for a revolution if I was wasn't getting what I needed or wanted. Hell I'd lead the damn thing if I could if that was the case. (strange feeling this will put me on a watch list or two :P)

Even though Bush overspent,the Democrats continued to the extent that Tax Hikes now as a short term fix would be ineffective and would need to be a long term fixture to even make a dent in the US Deficit.The US isn't in good shape and reduction in defence spending comes at a time when China and Russia are spending more than ever on Next generation fighters.

It has been my understanding that the Democrats main claim is that the economy will turn around and close the Deficit gap automatically, and thus the tiny gains that are made now will help close the much smaller gap when things get "Good" again. Unfortunately, no one can actually say when times will be Good again. The CBO has been handing out numbers based on things going Good for years, and as we've seen with the increase in the "Cost" of Obamacare legislation and the Cost of other markers, they simply make an adjustment each year, because what they tell you in their first reports are usually the Best Situation. At least the Best numbers are what make it into the News and Politicians mouths.

Every year they say that the Deficit gap will shrink drastically, and every year it shrinks only a little.