Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Massive manhunt on for ex-cop

• Please log in to reply
321 replies to this topic

#256    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,720 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

I wonder if the LAPD will continue with the investigation of Dorners firing. They said they were doing it for transparency to the public, and because the public called for it. But now that Dorner very well might be dead I wonder how much they will continue with that.

#257    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

why investigate a dead mans firing. Its not like they can hire him back.

#258    zenfahr

zenfahr

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts
  • Location:Center of my universe.... which is located in a bunker in New Mexico.

• "The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn from the Crow"
    -Nobody

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

I know the cops are scared... but that does not justify shooting first and asking questions later.... I feel for that guy and those women. They dont talk about his case or why they fired him..... I've lost jobs, no big deal.  I wonder what went down to make this man snap.

.....Im NOT here.....

My Art Gallery

#259    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

Vigilante justice. He thought he had something (knew) the world needed to hear and thats how he told his story. For better or worse.

#260    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

View PostMichelle, on 13 February 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

So, not taking the word of the press as gospel and expressing doubt are now considered defending? You do know what the word alleged means and why it is usually used when talking about a suspect?

My comment about it being a perfect time to kill a cop didn't have anything to do with Dorner. Like the people wondering if there is going to be a riot I was wondering if someone might take advantage of the situation.

You complain about people twisting your words, but you seem to be quite the contortionist yourself.
" The police would never even look for another suspect."

Look, we`ll agree to disagree on this, but at the end of the day there are corrupt police, and they need to be dealt with, but thats not an easy thing to prove overnight. I hope some in depth investigations comes out of all this  and they are brought to trial with a fair jury.
But what he done was not the right way of going about things. It was always going to end in more tragedy. Its not much different from Roahl Moats incident here, but Moats was not a trained police man, his aim was to cause as much disruption as possible before he died. Similar to this cop.
What it does show is that all the training still does not make them any wiser, it just makes them even more dangerous if someone does something wrong against them. If every one took the same actions as Dorners or Moats because they had enough of society, then this kind of news would be on our t.vs everyday.
You have had the Sandy Hook incident, (which was much much worse) to me there is not too much difference in the mindset, both had a gripe with society and decided to take it out on innocent people.
Gripes can NEVER be justified for shooting innocent people..

Edited by freetoroam, 13 February 2013 - 07:49 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#261    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,584 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

You have to be one of the most nitpicky people in the world. :D

#262    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,219 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

what would you think was meant by the term "burner?  

It is not yet clear whether the fire was started from inside or by police officers who were firing bullets and tear gas canisters at the cabin.

In one audio clip purporting to be a police scanner conversation, a male voice can be heard saying: "All right, Steve, we're gonna go, er, we're gonna go forward with the plan, with, er, with the burn. We want it, er, like we talked about.

"Seven burners deployed and we have a fire."

It is unclear whether "the burn" refers to tear gas.

http://uk.news.yahoo...-212549316.html

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#263    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,382 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

I heard that yes, burner means tear gas.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#264    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

View PostMichelle, on 13 February 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

You have to be one of the most nitpicky people in the world. :D
See, we do have something in common. :passifier:

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#265    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,584 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 13 February 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

See, we do have something in common. :passifier:

I know...I spend hours a day on here explaining to people why they are wrong and I'm right. :innocent:

View PostSweetpumper, on 13 February 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:

I heard that yes, burner means tear gas.

Thank you, I was wondering about that.

#266    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,677 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

View PostMichelle, on 13 February 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

I know...I spend hours a day on here explaining to people why they are wrong and I'm right. :innocent:

Hours a day??
I can tell you in one post.
Posted Image

#267    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,584 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

:nw:

#268    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• 2,075 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:42 AM

View PostMichelle, on 13 February 2013 - 02:14 AM, said:

They usually show mug shots, but he has never been arrested.

What about the school shooters? What about the last three prominent mass murderers? They made Manson's photos look like candid shots from a high school yearbook. Dorner looks like a warm and fuzzy teddy bear.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#269    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,140 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:56 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 14 February 2013 - 03:42 AM, said:

What about the school shooters? What about the last three prominent mass murderers? They made Manson's photos look like candid shots from a high school yearbook. Dorner looks like a warm and fuzzy teddy bear.

Looks like they found a wallet with a drivers licience that wasn`t melted or burned and thats what they are using to confirm it was him.  I have listened to the audio and watched the cabin burn. Go to liveleak to hear and see it yourself. I think it`s him but not sure 100 %

Manson was portrayed that way because he didn`t kill anyone himself. It was to demonize him. They can`t do that with a hero to some.

Edited by The Silver Thong, 14 February 2013 - 03:58 AM.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#270    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• 2,075 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:09 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 14 February 2013 - 03:56 AM, said:

Looks like they found a wallet with a drivers licience that wasn`t melted or burned and thats what they are using to confirm it was him.  I have listened to the audio and watched the cabin burn. Go to liveleak to hear and see it yourself. I think it`s him but not sure 100 %

Manson was portrayed that way because he didn`t kill anyone himself. It was to demonize him. They can`t do that with a hero to some.

I'm glad that they evidently stopped him. He was an evil and/or insane person. Still, I'm not glad that he apparently burned alive. I wouldn't wish that on Hitler. It's somewhat strange that his driver's license remained unscathed. I hope that they can identify his remains in a definitive manner. That won't stop the conspiracy theories and speculation, though. You know how that goes.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users