Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Big brother to log ur drinking and waist size

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,232 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

Big brother to log your drinking habits and waist size as GPs are forced to hand over confidential records

* Data includes weight, cholesterol, BMI, family health history and pulse rate
    * Doctors will be forced to reveal alcohol consumption and smoking status
    * Privacy campaigners described it as 'biggest data grab in NHS history'
    * Part of new Health Service programme called Everyone Counts
    * Officials insisted data will be anonymous and deleted after analysis

Nice to know we who live in a democracy were not advised of this isnt it?

http://www.dailymail...l#axzz2JjsnyVok

Edited by seeder, 02 February 2013 - 05:49 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#2    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,531 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

:td:  Bad move!

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#3    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

They warned the move would end patient confidentiality and hand personal information to third parties.

Well ofcourse it will, I assume all the data protection laws are to be changed then?

Edited by freetoroam, 02 February 2013 - 06:03 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#4    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

View Postseeder, on 02 February 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

Big brother to log your drinking habits and waist size as GPs are forced to hand over confidential records

* Data includes weight, cholesterol, BMI, family health history and pulse rate
* Doctors will be forced to reveal alcohol consumption and smoking status
* Privacy campaigners described it as 'biggest data grab in NHS history'
* Part of new Health Service programme called Everyone Counts
* Officials insisted data will be anonymous and deleted after analysis

Nice to know we who live in a democracy were not advised of this isnt it?

http://www.dailymail...l#axzz2JjsnyVok

North America will be next

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#5    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,651 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 02 February 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

Just speculating but speaking as an American
I see private as well as govt health care plans raising rates for the "unhealthier" among us. Much like auto insurance rates and accidents/claims. And high taxes on tobacco and alcohol.

The benefit is if healthier individuals' rates be cut a break and future health problems avoided due to monitoring and an incentive to live healthier.

This also gets everyone in to the doctor: (Big Doctor I call it)  for tests and screenings and vaccinations regularly due to some kind of required annual  monitoring to decide your health insurance rates or worse, if you can qualify for coverage at all if you refuse annual Big Doctor checks and tests/recommendations/medications.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 02 February 2013 - 06:41 PM.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#6    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,232 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 02 February 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

I see private as well as govt health care plans raising rates for the "unhealthier" among us. Much like auto insurance rates and accidents/claims. And high taxes on tobacco and alcohol.

The benefit is if healthier individuals' rates be cut a break and future health problems avoided due to monitoring and an incentive to live healthier.

This also gets everyone in to the doctor: (Big Doctor I call it)  for tests and screenings and vaccinations regularly due to some kind of required annual  monitoring to decide your health insurance rates or worse, if you can qualify for coverage at all if you refuse annual Big Doctor checks and tests/recommendations/medications.

Well I was listening to the radio chat show in my car, they say insurers are already asking for details so they can  "adjust the services accordingly"..meaning, if like me, you've gone to the docs after a week on the sauce and need something for the shakes and hangover...that this info 'could' be issued to insurer's, regardless of whether it has caused any driving issues.

Imagine that?   "Sorry seeder we have to put your premium up coz we know you like a bender"

ggrr

Edited by seeder, 02 February 2013 - 06:47 PM.

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#7    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 02 February 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

This is one of the creepiest things about it all,no one really knows what is going to happen yet.This was all put into place by people who have openly stated that even they did not know what all was in it lol None of us can do anything but speculate

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#8    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

What are they going to do after the analysis?
Frogmarch us to the nearest hospital and try to change our lifestyle.
This makes me more resolute to not have regular check- ups from my GP.
Not only will I get dodgy medication but my medical history will be seriously compromised.

Btw does this include all information from the start?
Because they already know my pulse rate and smoking status.
The rest of it can be open to interpretion but there's no account of serious disease.
I don't think chicken pox counts because once you've had it you've got immunity for life.

What irks me the most about this is the fact that pscychatric records are not sacrosanct anymore.
That's a great invasion of privacy in my eyes.

Edited by Medium Brown, 02 February 2013 - 09:32 PM.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#9    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,232 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

View PostMedium Brown, on 02 February 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

What are they going to do after the analysis?
Frogmarch us to the nearest hospital and try to change our lifestyle.
This makes me more resolute to not have regular check- ups from my GP.
Not only will I get dodgy medication but my medical history will be seriously compromised.

Btw does this include all information from the start?
Because they already know my pulse rate and smoking status.
The rest of it can be open to interpretion but there's no account of serious disease.
I don't think chicken pox counts because once you've had it you've got immunity for life.

What irks me the most about this is the fact that pscychatric records are not sacrosanct anymore.
That's a great invasion of privacy in my eyes.

Imagine the long term... what if, you were unemployed and they say..."Well, youre a fat git, depressed, lonely, cant fit in, puffs ganja and drinks like a fish, so no,  sorry bud, no social security for you, nor full state pension, you're just a loser and why should society pay for losers?"

#10    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,368 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:19 AM

View Postseeder, on 02 February 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

Imagine the long term... what if, you were unemployed and they say..."Well, youre a fat git, depressed, lonely, cant fit in, puffs ganja and drinks like a fish, so no,  sorry bud, no social security for you, nor full state pension, you're just a loser and why should society pay for losers?"

And your solution is what?

#11    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,362 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

A government that is powerful enough to provide for your needs is also able to deny them as well.  The wealthy and the destitute will receive medical care.  The working classes will pay for everyone yet be denied their own based on such rules as these.  Seems imminently fair to me  :whistle:

:gun:

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#12    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

I'm torn on this one, considering the problems with obesity this country has. The effect it has on the NHS is astounding.

#13    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,406 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

I thought the information wouldn't contain personal details such as names or addresses, just a simple count or list. so if a doctors surgery has 20 people - the list would simply be patient 1, patient 2 and so on. or am i missing something? and then after conducting the analysis they'll be able to budget better for areas were a higher than normal proportion of the population suffer from being overweight, alcohol consumption, smoking etc? its no worse than when the government/DVLA sold every driving license holders details. no?

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#14    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

View Postseeder, on 02 February 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

You have just described me and my cousin in one sentence.
I'll claim the fat git,unemployed,can't fit in and drinks coffee like a fish.
While my cousin is unemployed,lonely,puffs ganga and drinks coke like a fish.
The only thing that dosn't gel is the depression thing.

So after all this it's some kind of way of founding out whether or not we are worthy of claiming benefits.
They take a gander at my files,burn it and try and stop my disability living allowance.
I can't see how  it will effect the Jobseekers allowance though.
And btw I'm assured of my state pension through twenty three years of working at Remploy.
Unless I failed to fill in all the forms...

Edited by Medium Brown, 03 February 2013 - 10:33 PM.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#15    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• 2,078 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:59 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 02 February 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

That's how it works. The UK is Big Brother's test lab.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users