Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oscar Pistorious verdict broadcasting

George Ford

Aren't they saying it could take two days to read out the verdict? That sounds like someone who loves the sound of their own voice. :-/

• Like 2

Aren't they saying it could take two days to read out the verdict? That sounds like someone who loves the sound of their own voice. :-/

I flipping hope not! So far the judge said she is not going through all of the evidence and statements again as it would take to long and is not necessary, she is just recapping on all the main and relevant points. So far she is dismissing a lot of evidence as most of it is just speculation or un-provable.

By the way if you click on the link I posted and it is not live footage, and just some historical footage of the case or interviews with people then it means the court has adjourned for a break. They tend to take a lot of breaks.

cheers for posting George.

i can't get video links on my pizza sheet phone, so if you could keep me updated, i'd be much obliged.....

The judge has just said she thinks that some of Oscars testimony contradicts other things he said! It is with regards with him saying he shot at what he thought was an intruder but later says later he did not intend to shoot anyone. That's the gist of it anyway. This is maybe the 1st clue that the judge does not believe his story.

-edit-

The judge just said that Oscar was evasive in answering many questions.

Edited by George Ford

Another short break. The judge said that even if the accused was suspected or even proven to have lied that it does not mean he is guilty and they have to disregard the fact and look at other evidence. That's pretty weird. So she basically said she thought he was evasive and lied and blame other people in certain events (i.e the shooting in the restaurant incident) but that because he is a liar we have to disregard that. IMO once he is a proven liar to get himself out of criminal charges then basically all of his testimony should be disregarded and they have to look at the facts only. He's a slimy little ****.

• Like 2

Does she keep going "let's take a break" like Chris Tarrant used to on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?

• Like 2

The judge is now strongly hinting that she is looking at 'Culpable Homicide'. Oscar is understanding this and is barely holding back fear and crying. In fact he is now crying. Sobbing badly.

Does she keep going "let's take a break" like Chris Tarrant used to on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?

I seemed to have missed the Chris Tarrant thing, what was he up to? Cocaine breaks or something?

Oh wait... The judge now says that she thinks Oscars was telling the truth when he said he didn't know it was Reeva.

The judge is now strongly hinting that she is looking at 'Culpable Homicide'.

i'm not suprised.

after seeing him on tv, it looks like he hasn't got a leg to stand on.....

• Like 3

Well she just said HE IS NOT GUILTY OF MURDER.

Judge Thokozile Masipa has told the Oscar Pistorius trial "there are not enough facts" to support the prosecution case that the athlete intended to kill his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.

The track star has been cleared of both premeditated and second-degree murder at Pretoria High Court.

http://news.sky.com/...of-reeva-murder

My opinion is that he will be charged with culpable homicide (i.e. negligent homicide).

However, I do not understand why the fact he never confirmed Steenkamp was in the bed, and awake, when he alleges he "asked her to call the police" has never been considered relevant. That, more than anything else, suggests to me much of his story of events is pure invention.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 3

My opinion is that he will be charged with culpable homicide (i.e. negligent homicide).

However, I do not understand why the fact he never confirmed Steenkamp was in the bed, and awake, when he alleges he "asked her to call the police" has never been considered relevant. That, more than anything else, suggests to me much of his story of events is pure invention.

I totally agree. Despite his claim there was not enough light for him so see if she was in the bed or not. His story that he heard noise and thought it was an intruder and then sneaked out to 'look at them' without checking Reeva is BS. Every man in the world would have made sure their partner was awake and aware of the situation, they would make noise so as to scare away any potential thief or rapist or whatever. They would ask repeatedly 'Have you called the police', or 'are the police on the way' or 'how long did the police say they would be', 'get the cricket bat and stand there', 'grab a weapon', 'get ready to run' etc etc etc. But not Oscar. He apparently very very quietly whispers into the pitch darkness 'call the police'. And after hearing nothing at all, no confirmation or anything, does not hear her move to the phone, sees no phone light go on, he does not put the light on but just uses radar or some magical power to walk around in this absolute pitch darkness to the bathroom..

Oh, by the way, if I heard a noise in the darkness one night, even if it was say, downstairs I would immediately assume there could not just be someone, but someones in the house! I would think, 'what if they are in the room with me!', I would then get a ******* light on quicker than I could yell 'GET OUT!'.

How did Oscar KNOW, that in the pitch darkness where he could not see his hand in front of his face, that there was not an intruder standing over Reeva? I'll tell you how he ******* 'knew', because in his MADE UP STORY the MADE UP intruder had to be in the toilet. It was the only way his story would work. If any common sense crept into his story then it would be seen to be BS from the get go.

_EDIT-

Just like to add that the prosecution did a terrible job at painting the picture for everyone in an accurate, concise manner . The idiot prosecutor was possibly one of the most inept fools I've ever heard struggle to put an argument together. I cringed at half the stuff he came up with and the way he put it. It was terrible. He just rambled and argued and lost sight of the fact. He is solely responsible for Oscar getting away with murder. I hope he retires out of embarrassment and shame, but I honestly think he is too dumb to realize how bad he is at his job.

Edited by George Ford
  • Like 3

Oscar is going to get Culpable Homicide, I'm 99% sure!

For some reason the judge stopped proceedings for the day and will continue tomorrow. But she said that oscar acted negligently and would have reasonably known that firing shots into the door could have killed anyone on the other side.

Edited by George Ford

Soft judge.

What happens when you can afford a high powered legal team they run rings around them.

Even with the charge I doubt he will do much time if any. Justice for the rich seems to be the only constant in the worlds legal systems.

Still he will have to live with her death on his conscience no money can take that away, however he didn't look that bothered today.

Edited by skookum
  • Like 1

Pistorius guilty of culpable homicide NEW

South African athlete Oscar Pistorius is found guilty of culpable homicide over the killing of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp in 2013.

I hope that will satisfy everyone.

Edited by Admiral Rhubarb

This is so ridiculous. If you're rich and famous you can get away with murder. Well I guess he can take the onion out of his shirt pocket now.

This is so ridiculous. If you're rich and famous you can get away with murder. Well I guess he can take the onion out of his shirt pocket now.

he hasn't gotten away with ith

wouldn't the first reaction of any normal person if they heard a noise and thought it might be an intruder..

would be to feel for their partner / lover in the bed to check it wasn't them...to save them having to jump

up in the night..

I expect she was the nicest and most beautiful and successful woman he had ever been out with and when

they had a massive row (on Valentines) and she was going to finish with him...he just lost it, big time and in

a moment of madness wanted her dead rather than lose her or face the humiliation of a split.

with his legs and everything, in spite of his fame and success I bet he was insecure and all over the place emotionally..

last night on Sky News I was fed up with hearing his whining voice and the sobbing bit...

on the other hand I can't see what good it would have done to lock him up for decades..but I do hope he has a taste

of prison.(now he has been cleared of murder).say 3 - 5 years...for the sake of her family and for being responsible for

the loss of such a lovely young woman with her whole life ahead of her....the big mistake she made was going out with that jerk...

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

wouldn't the first reaction of any normal person if they heard a noise and thought it might be an intruder..

would be to feel for their partner / lover in the bed to check it wasn't them...to save them having to jump

up in the night..

I expect she was the nicest and most beautiful and successful woman he had ever been out with and when

they had a massive row (on Valentines) and she was going to finish with him...he just lost it, big time and in

a moment of madness wanted her dead rather than lose her or face the humiliation of a split.

with his legs and everything, in spite of his fame and success I bet he was insecure and all over the place emotionally..

last night on Sky News I was fed up with hearing his whining voice and the sobbing bit...

on the other hand I can't see what good it would have done to lock him up for decades..but I do hope he has a taste

of prison.(now he has been cleared of murder).say 3 - 5 years...for the sake of her family and for being responsible for

the loss of such a lovely young woman with her whole life ahead of her....the big mistake she made was going out with that jerk...

if she was breaking up with him, why then the hassle of the surprise valentines? The mobile text messaging was a bluff. himself as a witness was poor but the other witnesses was conflicting with each other. The screams was his as he was shooting, immediately she was dead, it was the gun sounds, then the banging of the bat, then it was him screaming

if she was breaking up with him, why then the hassle of the surprise valentines?

I expect a bit row erupted and the fact that it was Valentines magnified it all...

The mobile text messaging was a bluff. himself as a witness was poor but the other witnesses was conflicting with each other. The screams was his as he was shooting, immediately she was dead, it was the gun sounds, then the banging of the bat, then it was him screaming

I probably haven't followed it as closely as you but I was under the impression there were question marks about who screamed

and when and the timing of it all...

I had the feeling he was putting on that fairly high pitched whiney voice he used in court...

maybe he did that so people could believe that when he screamed he screamed 'like a woman'...

because it was such an important point for the defence..

I know everyone is different but if I had just killed and shot the brains out of the person I was supposed to love

I would have repeatedly cried out noooooooooooo rather than just scream...but that's a minor point, I suppose..

• Like 1