Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Will the world end within 100 days ?

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,010 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

Doomsday theories continue to thrive as the end of the Mayan calendar is now less than 100 days away.

Herald Sun said:

Many ethnic Mayans dismiss the apocalyptic hype as a Western invention. Everybody knows that, rather than an end of time, the inscriptions refer to a new era, they say.

Posted Image Read more...

#2    Old Man Waffles

Old Man Waffles

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:11 AM

Oh jolly...

#3    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,543 posts

• Dethpicably quackers!!!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:15 AM

If it is a new era, lets hope there's some kind of "stay" on the crap human-beings have dished out so far.

Posted Image

#4    dlonewolf85

dlonewolf85

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 237 posts

• I'm not a bad boy,

But just misunderstood!!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:39 AM

Just another 100 days? Aw man, and I still have to marry Lady Gaga, find the hammer of Thor, and take over this world. I guess I should start working on weekends too...

∂ Ѡοɭ ʄ85

#5    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,664 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:14 AM

I sometimes wouldn't mind if it was the end of the world as we've known it - just sometimes.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#6    Mikenator

Mikenator

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

I've never thought it meant the end the Mayans simply stopped at 2012 cause they was probily was like ok that's enough to write **** my hand its getting a cramp anyway let the future people write the rest

#7    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• 2,037 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:37 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 15 September 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

I sometimes wouldn't mind if it was the end of the world as we've known it - just sometimes.
I can agree with that.  This world is pretty much broken and needs to be fixed...It's gonna suck if it takes major cataclysm to make those changes though.

In all seriousness, they tell us the world can sustain 10 billion or so people...and I disagree...the problem we have with so many things is because...there is just flat too many people...somebody's got to go!  I know, that sounds harsh, but I really think it's true...the breeders need to drop it back a notch...

I think this world is capable of shaking us off like a bad case of fleas...the more of us there are, the more violent the shaking is going to be...I do not think the world is going to "end"...but I do think humanity has a wake up call coming somewhere down the road if we do not change our status quo...

Posted Image

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#8    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,664 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:42 PM

View PostJeremiah65, on 15 September 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

I think this world is capable of shaking us off like a bad case of fleas...the more of us there are, the more violent the shaking is going to be...I do not think the world is going to "end"...but I do think humanity has a wake up call coming somewhere down the road if we do not change our status quo...

Yeah, I have said the same in the past - the world can carry on just fine regardless what we do and is more than capable of "shaking us off" lol.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#9    Ashyne

Ashyne

Atheist & Skeptic

• 1,579 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

2012 is the Chinese Year of the Dragon, and in Mayan religion, the god Quetzalcoatl was called the 'feathered serpent' (feathered= capable of flight(?) + serpent: flying serpent/a Dragon-like being). Mayans also saw the end of the calender as the start of a new Age. Quetzalcoatl was known to have promised his return when the Mayans reached a new Age. So could the Chinese, too, have the same beliefs about Quetzalcoatl and his return to Earth in 2012?

#10    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

Any idea at what particular time its going to end...?..i only ask because i dont want to waste money and what not on bills and food..shall we say 7-ish?

#11    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,378 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

I do not think the "world is going to end", but I do think that some sort of planetary or cosmic event will happen, and yes that some sort of "new age" will begin.

If a planetary or cosmic event happens, the odds are it will gravely effect our infrastructure.  Time will tell.

#12    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:04 PM

No it will not.

I wonder how many people I'll see wandering around looking to sleep with one more person before "the end of times".
:lol:

Darn it. The smiley won't display. :-(

Edited by King Fluffs, 15 September 2012 - 02:05 PM.

#13    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Hermit

• 1,604 posts

• I'll scream for you in whispers, because I always hated being too loud.

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 15 September 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

I do not think the "world is going to end", but I do think that some sort of planetary or cosmic event will happen, and yes that some sort of "new age" will begin.

If a planetary or cosmic event happens, the odds are it will gravely effect our infrastructure.  Time will tell.

time will show that you are wrong again as usual nothing is going to happen, 2013 will come just like any year and will be just that another year.

#14    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

The Old Farmer's Almanac didn't say anything about that :unsure2:

Posted Image

#15    Cryptid_Control

Cryptid_Control

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

• “When the snows falls and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives.”

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:25 PM

I'm just wondering, is this the largest most widespread doomsday theory ever or have there been larger predictions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users