Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man found with 1,200 guns

ellapenella

The story behind the video is here -

Man found dead in car with 1,200 weapons at home thought he was a spy

Authorities' tentative conclusion is that Jeffrey Alan Lash was a rich eccentric so caught up in his make-believe world of spying that his fiancee believed it, too

http://www.theguardi...sh-firearms-spy

• Like 5

What a fascinating story! :w00t: I'm looking forward to reading more information about this as it gradually comes out. I wonder if he was an arms dealer? A comment under the 'Guardian' story asks, why did the friend who was a doctor not call for an ambulance? Okay, so the fiancée was convinced she should leave him in a car and his minders would collect the body(as per his instructions to her), but why would the doctor, who tried for 90mns to revive him, not get help?

• Like 3

Interesting story, I think to describe him as odd is an understatement.

• Like 4

six and a half tons of ammo!!! holy crap!

1404.gif

Edited by Iron_Lotus
  • Like 4

Interesting story, I think to describe him as odd is an understatement.

Darn right!! It's downright bizarre!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

That is a serious collection and his heirs are looking at a small fortune in guns and ammo alone, not to mention the 200k in cash he had lying around and whatever's in the bank and investments.

I found this on a gun board that I go to by someone who claims to have known the guy:

I knew Jeff (acquainted) in the '90s when he hung out in the SFV at Northridge Pistol & Rifle. Guy was loaded and a little tinfoil, but cool dude-but maybe a little...unique. Ate with him a few times, and he had a tricked out H1. Generous guy, but not foolish. Unusual in appearance, almost gaunt... and always sported an unusual haircut...he sticks in my mind vividly.

I saw him drop at least 20k on Les Baer pistols and another 20k on some Robar rifles, back in the day.

In retrospect some of the tinfoil stuff turned out to be valid, and the guy was self made $$$...not inherited.

Edited by The Russian Hare

.....and the guy was self made $$$ ... not inherited.

This is what interests me: how did he make his fortune?

• Like 1

I have to admit this story really makes me curious. Who was he? Was he delusional or just playing at a game that he made up the rules

• Like 1

I have to admit this story really makes me curious. Who was he? Was he delusional or just playing at a game that he made up the rules

Maybe he started it as a game to serve his own purposes and then believed it ...... acted/lived the lie for so long that it became reality for him.

• 2 weeks later...

A "alien hybrid secret agent" would not claim to be one obviously, also I'm that one would have advanced energy weapons instead of current ballistic weapons...And not the non-military style looking weapons found.

A "alien hybrid secret agent" would not claim to be one obviously, also I'm that one would have advanced energy weapons instead of current ballistic weapons...And not the non-military style looking weapons found.

' ........ would not claim to be one': he only told his fiancée that. It's surprising what is revealed in 'pillow talk', and if he felt he could trust her(and he got that absolutely right), then why not tell her? People(and why should 'alien hybrid secret agents' be any different?), with big secrets often feel compelled to confide in another about them.

Just to be clear: I am not sold on the 'alien hybrid secret agent' aspect! I think he was a 100% human arms dealer.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sounds like a paranoid lunatic, but makes you wonder why he had all those guns and all that ammo, perhaps he was working for someone, or as others have said, just an arms dealer. Something was definitely going on to have over $5 million's worth of hardware, just not perhaps the Alien Hybrid CIA secret agent life he claims it was lol.