Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

"Alien Structures on the Moon"

aliens moon buildings dark side

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
351 replies to this topic

#181    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 15,100 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

I have to say it frustrates me that people claim there are structures on the moon and faces on Mars and that the pyramids were built by pre-historic Egyptians (although that last one seems kinda cute).

What really frustrates me though are the conspiracy theories people spread about for ugly political purposes, such as the claim that 911 was a government plot or that Kennedy's assassination was similar or the denial of he reality of the holocaust.

#182    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

Psyche

Thread title "structures on the moon", suggesting the presence of aliens on the moon.  I threw in that Gavrinis island structure and engravings also suggests visits by aliens.  I gave the source for my position as History Channel and AA.  I was roundly criticized for believing a word of AA, and the most substantial point made in that criticism was the hairdo of Giorgio.

Nobody criticizing my point offered anything at all of substance refuting the claim that Gavrinis engravings had been decoded by mathetmaticians.  Not one single word about that, from yourself or others.  Only criticism of the man's hairdo and other ad hominem.  Not one word of constructive or relevant criticism.

I respond to that by pointing out that it's irrational to place any faith at all in such criticism, as technically it is not criticism but ad hominem.  And I add that any person's gullibility can be judged by their ability to analyze a number of fairly recent events.  Is it really a good idea to place great faith in the analytical skills of a man who does not yet realize that he was duped?  Obvious answer, no it's not.

All the ad hominems against myself and Giorgio suggest an absence of substance on the subject matter.  Criticizing me for entertaining the ideas of AA, while at the same time accepting without question the most outrageous story ever told smacks of a double standard.

#183    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 15,100 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 06 May 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

All the ad hominems against myself and Giorgio suggest an absence of substance on the subject matter.  Criticizing me for entertaining the ideas of AA, while at the same time accepting without question the most outrageous story ever told smacks of a double standard.
Ah -- ad hominem is now an English word with an English plural.  How delightful for a linguist.  It also illustrates that insults are counterproductive; they only confirm the person in their views.

#184    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

Well, give me an "F" Frank, but we are speaking English, aren't we?  Does ad hominae make it any better for you?

Have you an refutation to offer regarding the decoding of the Gavrinis symbology?

#185    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,685 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 06 May 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

Have you an refutation to offer regarding the decoding of the Gavrinis symbology?

what is the claim? link to data pls

eta....

don't trouble yourself.... it's from ancient aliens....

http://en.wikipedia....hree_.282011.29

"Aliens and the Secret Code" October 19, 2011 This episode theorizes that various megalithic structures around the Earth are built upon a "world grid" of electromagnetic energy and that this power may have been tapped for travel and communication. It also suggests that there are hidden messages within these sites that show they have connections to one another. Featured are Teotihuacan and Easter Island, (sites separated by 2000 miles of ocean, but having similar architecture); the Pyramids at Giza, Thornborough Henges, and ancient Hopi cities (all three configured to resemble Orion); the straight line alignments of sites such as Trelleborg, Delphi and Giza; and stone carvings at Gavrinis (from 3500 BC) accurately calculating the circumference of the Earth and Pi.

:rolleyes:

Edited by mcrom901, 06 May 2013 - 02:35 PM.

#186    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 15,100 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

I'm sorry if you took it as correcting your grammar; I am not a native speaker and how English is evolving fascinates me.  As far as I'm concerned, in an English sentence, ad hominems is the correct form.

The issue you all are arguing over interests me almost not at all.  We are told that when Sherlock Holmes was informed that the moon orbits the earth, he was perturbed that someone would put into his head such a useless bit of information, and he would do his best to forget it as soon as possible.

#187    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

View Postmcrom901, on 06 May 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

what is the claim? link to data pls

eta....

don't trouble yourself.... it's from ancient aliens....

http://en.wikipedia....hree_.282011.29

"Aliens and the Secret Code" October 19, 2011 This episode theorizes that various megalithic structures around the Earth are built upon a "world grid" of electromagnetic energy and that this power may have been tapped for travel and communication. It also suggests that there are hidden messages within these sites that show they have connections to one another. Featured are Teotihuacan and Easter Island, (sites separated by 2000 miles of ocean, but having similar architecture); the Pyramids at Giza, Thornborough Henges, and ancient Hopi cities (all three configured to resemble Orion); the straight line alignments of sites such as Trelleborg, Delphi and Giza; and stone carvings at Gavrinis (from 3500 BC) accurately calculating the circumference of the Earth and Pi.

:rolleyes:

You're a bit late to the show.  Better late than never, I suppose.

Yes, I have acknowledged History Channel and AA as the source of this information several times now.

#188    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 35,100 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:05 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 06 May 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

Psyche

Thread title "structures on the moon", suggesting the presence of aliens on the moon.  I threw in that Gavrinis island structure and engravings also suggests visits by aliens.  I gave the source for my position as History Channel and AA.  I was roundly criticized for believing a word of AA, and the most substantial point made in that criticism was the hairdo of Giorgio.

Nobody criticizing my point offered anything at all of substance refuting the claim that Gavrinis engravings had been decoded by mathetmaticians.  Not one single word about that, from yourself or others.  Only criticism of the man's hairdo and other ad hominem.  Not one word of constructive or relevant criticism.

I respond to that by pointing out that it's irrational to place any faith at all in such criticism, as technically it is not criticism but ad hominem.  And I add that any person's gullibility can be judged by their ability to analyze a number of fairly recent events.  Is it really a good idea to place great faith in the analytical skills of a man who does not yet realize that he was duped?  Obvious answer, no it's not.

Babe Ruth

You are more stuck on the hairdo's than anyone. You made a claim, and more than enough sound evidence has been offered that shows that particular program where you sourced the information is inaccurate (t be polite) and makes things up and calls them fact. Several examples have been cited. Not one person can find these mythical mathematicians that YOU claimed exist and then said the AA show backs you claim. It does not. The show does not give names either. As far as we can all tell from all information available to us, the claim is made up, therefore all have asked you to further this claim, seeming as YOU stated it was worthy of consideration.

So please, offer the name of one of these mathematicians that you say came up with the Pi claim. If it is genuine, I would like to more, however, all indications so far, and all efforts from all posters indicate that it is not at all a genuine claim. Your insistance that people take this claim as fact at face value is quite frankly nonsense. If this is how you do research (i.e. I heard it on a TV show someplace), then all of your conclusions suddenly make sense.

There have been no Ad Homs, the offer was genuine, and remains so. I have explained how I came to that conclusion, if you feel my interpretation is incorrect, this would be the time to clear it up. I would be more than interested to know why you insist unsupported and made up stories must be considered as fact first. All I can see is a very, very hypocritical stance from someone who claims to know things he does not. Calling that claim BS is not an Ad Hom Babe Ruth, that seems to be the case.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#189    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 35,100 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 06 May 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

You're a bit late to the show.  Better late than never, I suppose.

Yes, I have acknowledged History Channel and AA as the source of this information several times now.

Babe Ruth

You are the one who is a bit late. We are all still waiting to hear who these mathematicians are.

Does this claim show up any place at all other than this TV show?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#190    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 35,100 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 06 May 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

Who decoded it? Giorgio?

#191    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,625 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:05 AM

Not only the lack of facts,I will bet you One Trillion Dollars that theres no Alien Moon Structures ! I hope this is not add-hommney to Babe Ruth? He`s yet to provide any proof that any of His ideas are close to fact.
But He`s more than welcome to provide it to all of us.
Is there anyone else that believes there`s Moon bases built by Aliens? :alien: :whistle:

This is a Work in Progress!

#192    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• Im so happy I bleed it.

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:32 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 07 May 2013 - 03:05 AM, said:

Not only the lack of facts,I will bet you One Trillion Dollars that theres no Alien Moon Structures ! I hope this is not add-hommney to Babe Ruth? He`s yet to provide any proof that any of His ideas are close to fact.
But He`s more than welcome to provide it to all of us.
Is there anyone else that believes there`s Moon bases built by Aliens? :alien: :whistle:

I DONT buy into half the stuff on the AA series though its verrrry entertaining indeed. I think I said in a prior post that they have to spice it up since it relies on ratings as does every tv show.
I do think there was other civilations on this planet far longer than of which we know and the idea of another lifeform being relevant in the past as a possibility particularly in regards to the panspermia theory.
I believe it was Buzz Aldrin who said there is alien bases on the moon. I just searched it was him. Anyhow either he is telling the truth or he may of had to resort to statement I think due to the entire controvercy surrounding the moon landing. In either case ill probably never know.

Other life in the universe?, you dare to imply there are entities possibly far greater than us almighty humans, creators of canned ham and reality tv. Nonsense. Absurd.

The reality that stupidy exists in abundance doesnt bother me. Its the fact that theres still no cure.

#193    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• Im so happy I bleed it.

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:42 AM

I shouldve added, Had the show AA refrained from some of the BS it has fillered in, it may have derailed a lot of the controvery thats taken over.
As for Georgios hair , lol... it doesnt help solidify the overall theory to say the least. Somehow I still find him quite attractive.  His passion (in this case for AA talk). Not so much his hair.
He can come on by my place and talk about AA and whatever else he wants anytime.  :-D

Edited by Sheep Smart, 07 May 2013 - 06:47 AM.

Other life in the universe?, you dare to imply there are entities possibly far greater than us almighty humans, creators of canned ham and reality tv. Nonsense. Absurd.

The reality that stupidy exists in abundance doesnt bother me. Its the fact that theres still no cure.

#194    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 35,100 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:43 AM

View PostSheep Smart, on 07 May 2013 - 06:32 AM, said:

I believe it was Buzz Aldrin who said there is alien bases on the moon. I just searched it was him. Anyhow either he is telling the truth or he may of had to resort to statement I think due to the entire controvercy surrounding the moon landing. In either case ill probably never know.

I find that hard to believe, do you have a source?

#195    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 35,100 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:06 AM

View PostSheep Smart, on 07 May 2013 - 06:42 AM, said:

I shouldve added, Had the show AA refrained from some of the BS it has fillered in, it may have derailed a lot of the controvery thats taken over.
As for Georgios hair , lol... it doesnt help solidify the overall theory to say the least. Somehow I still find him quite attractive.  His passion (in this case for AA talk). Not so much his hair.
He can come on by my place and talk about AA and whatever else he wants anytime.  :-D

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users