Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO sightings increase in South Africa

Reports of objects in the skies over the Cape Town coast have been on the increase in recent weeks.

Gert Jordaan, founder of UFO Research of SA, said that between February 21 and February 27 many people reported seeing bright orange lights and flames in the sky. He said that while some sightings could be attributed to meteor showers, others could have a more interesting explanation.

arrow3.gifRead more...

No pictures...

t remains unclear what the credible witness had seen – described as a sound like an aircraft and seeing an object plunge towards earth before disappearing out of sight but appearing to crash land and appearing to have resembled an aircraft.

Drone error maybe it begun to burn? Secret craft? Or maybe not even secret ?

it kinda looks like the Aurora secret plane that the government won't say is true and real but UFOs do come in many shapes and sizes.to think its all man-made planes and etc its in nicer words is ridiculous and dumb!!!and meteors especially a meteor won't hover and stay in mid air nor will it all the sudden change speeds and velocity at great speeds so skeptics and non-believers stop already with the B.S!!!you guys wouldn't one if it kicked or hit you in the back of the head lol

Yeah come on america, lets fly some secret planes around over cape town in south africa!!

Yeah come on america, lets fly some secret planes around over cape town in south africa!!

I don't think our government would be able to bull#@#t us for so long

I'm sure every member of the public in every free country in the world says the same thing.You dont think your government does undercover projects Sards??

I'm sure every member of the public in every free country in the world says the same thing.You dont think your government does undercover projects Sards??

Im sure they do....but not for the sake of science...

Getting back on topic.

Secret installations around the Cape...... :innocent:

capepeninsula.gif

Apparantly

1. Table mountain is a labrynth of tunnels and secret installations used by the Defence force.

2.Then we have the Silvermine hills near Muizenberg where the Navy has done the same thing in those hills.

3.And above Gordons bay in the mountains we have a similar situation.

Denel http://www.denel.co.za/ is sitruated very close to the number 3. At its foothills so to say.

ddcmshunweuav.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is one of Denels products

The Hungwe (FISH-EAGLE) UAV has an all-composite, lowdrag design that ensures optimum performance.It is catapult launched and skid landed. Hungwe offers the following features:

• Direct Line of Sight (LOS) range of 100 km
  • Up to 6 h endurance
  • Up to 12 000 ft service ceiling
  • Up to 5 kg day and night mission
  • payload (fuel excluded)
  • Piloted and autonomous flight

I suspect they are having a good giggle

People say things like "they can't hide it from us for that long" and I shake my head. The people working on the Manhattan Project didn't even know what the overall plan was because it was so compartmentalized. I've worked with government (DARPA and other defense contractors) for awhile now and when we're given a project, we are never told what our work will ultimately go to in the grand scheme of things (unless down the road it is declassified), so when I read about stories people post here about someone who "worked on government projects" so they "must know", it makes me laugh. If that person really worked on a secret government project, he would have absolutely NO idea what the overall goal is. People who work on it are given a tiny piece of the overall puzzle to work on. These projects are HIGHLY compartmentalized that NO ONE would have all the answers, and those who claim to are usually full of BS.

So when I hear things like "the government cant hide it for that long" it makes me chuckle, because if the government can hide it from the actual people working on it, how on earth do you think the average civilian will not only get wind of what the government is doing, but get the complete (as in every piece of the puzzle) picture? Just people talking and nothing more.

Edited by Amerix

Listen. If you Had any idea how our government works you would chuckle as I have done regarding this matter. They are primarily concerned with filling their pockets with cash. It must be hell for serious minded scientists to get funding from the government to do anything. Don't get me started on this subject.

Suffice to say. When you say our government is busy with top secret projects. I can only laugh.

People say things like "they can't hide it from us for that long" and I shake my head. The people working on the Manhattan Project didn't even know what the overall plan was because it was so compartmentalized. I've worked with government (DARPA and other defense contractors) for awhile now and when we're given a project, we are never told what our work will ultimately go to in the grand scheme of things (unless down the road it is declassified), so when I read about stories people post here about someone who "worked on government projects" so they "must know", it makes me laugh. If that person really worked on a secret government project, he would have absolutely NO idea what the overall goal is. People who work on it are given a tiny piece of the overall puzzle to work on. These projects are HIGHLY compartmentalized that NO ONE would have all the answers, and those who claim to are usually full of BS.

So when I hear things like "the government cant hide it for that long" it makes me chuckle, because if the government can hide it from the actual people working on it, how on earth do you think the average civilian will not only get wind of what the government is doing, but get the complete (as in every piece of the puzzle) picture? Just people talking and nothing more.

That may be the case during development, but once testing starts, there are just too many prying eyes to keep things hidden. With the speeds we talk about on experimental craft today, one state does not allow enough room for testing.

Listen. If you Had any idea how our government works you would chuckle as I have done regarding this matter. They are primarily concerned with filling their pockets with cash. It must be hell for serious minded scientists to get funding from the government to do anything. Don't get me started on this subject.

Suffice to say. When you say our government is busy with top secret projects. I can only laugh.

Yeah, the bunch of slacktards that make up most of our government are too incompetent to even properly cover up their dirty arms deals, let alone manage a black R&D project. If we even got a sniff of crashed exotic technology, the US would take it off our hands PDQ. The Apartheid era was different, as we actually had developed functioning nukes and a nascent space program as a cover to develop ICBMs. Although that was kind of handy because we got useful nuclear research reactors out of it, and we can buy the isotopes we need and dispose of them locally.

As for actual UFOs.. I have never seen much in the skies here. The odd strangely coloured light, yes, but there's a lot of regular light and commercial aviation over Joburg. Zimbabwe was a lot different, possibly because of its backwater status.

That may be the case during development, but once testing starts, there are just too many prying eyes to keep things hidden. With the speeds we talk about on experimental craft today, one state does not allow enough room for testing.

Who cares about prying eyes at that point when the government can ride the "UFO" story until they are damn good and ready to disclose their aircraft? That's what some nutters need to realize. Just because the government has not said it is theirs, doesn't mean the things people see are piloted by little green men from Mars.

Edited by Amerix

Who cares about prying eyes at that point when the government can ride the "UFO" story until they are damn good and ready to disclose their aircraft? That's what some nutters need to realize. Just because the government has not said it is theirs, doesn't mean the things people see are piloted by little green men from Mars.

Your all-encompassing knowledge is impressive. Although I wonder why "the government" would choose to light up their oh so top secret gravity blimps like a 70s disco. Is it a reward for you paying your taxes?

Edited by Captain Zim

Your all-encompassing knowledge is impressive. Although I wonder why "the government" would choose to light up their oh so top secret gravity blimps like a 70s disco. Is it a reward for you paying your taxes?

To be honest, it's incorrect to say "government" (I've been making that mistake too) since a lot of the black projects aren't even under the jurisdiction of the Federal government. And who knows what their motivations are. Maybe to stir up speculation by foreign enemies on the new technology the US is developing? To freak out the locals for a good laugh during the after action report? Who knows.

Edited by Amerix

You don't need to know that. (And no, I'm not trying to be all James Bond mysterious. I just don't want to disclose where I live)

Edited by Amerix
  • Like 1