Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What's the deal with Scorpios?

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1    emberdawn

emberdawn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:15 AM

Some people love them some don't. Some think they are born with unique qualities while others concider them evil. I have not met a lot of Scorpios but the ones I have seem to be nice. I do know that when the want something they really don't allow things to stand in their way,  and when others give up they stick with it until the goal is accomplished. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

#2    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:22 AM

My sisters are both Scorpios. They're great gals, smart but they stand by their convictions like nobody else. Incidentally, this topic allows me to use this image:

Posted Image

Posted Image

~MEH~

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,636 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:23 AM

I don't know much about astrology signs but I do have an interesting story concerning them. I am Scorpio (10/24) and when my wife and I decided to adopt from China we put the decision of who our child would be in the hands of a bureaucrat there.  We believe that our daughter was chosen for us based on her "sign" being the same as my own.  It sounds silly but looking back, there is no way my daughter could have been any more like me if she had been a biological daughter!  Moods, mannerisms, likes in music and movies.... just unbelievable.  So I don't know if there are any special abilities involved but I do know that loyalty and anger both can be overdone by myself at times.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#4    Mike D boy

Mike D boy

...from the Desert...

• 2,401 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:39 AM

The reputation Scorpios have is a bad wrap: they are strong, self-efficient and doesn't accept nothing to lower themselves, Scorpios are the anti-heroes of the astrological zodiac. Personally, I have two family members who are Tauruses (Mother and brother) and Sagittarius (Father and half-sister) whom I tried hard to get along, but I love them as an accepting tolerant Aquarius I am. Taurus can be bossy, pushy and demanding for perfection, while I noticed Sagittarians share some of the traits. Scorpio and also Aries, the first sign of the astrological year share the ruling planet Mars (war-like) and Pluto (negative emotions). The traits of Scorpios & Aries, and my parents' signs are "tough, rough-and-ready" personalities and women in those signs tend to be alpha-feminine types, but don't take astrology's word for it. Luckily, I'm married to a Cancer and I gotten along well with Cancers, but they hold some compatiability to Aquarians.

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

#5    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:44 AM

Scorpio have a mean streak ,a mile wide. They also enjoy hurting people who love them . Yah

Miss me?

#6    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,296 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:06 AM

Nasty little beasties, Scorpios, especially that stinging tail. Although I'm told the bigger the claws the smaller the sting/venom....

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#7    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:32 AM

Surely Science does not allow this to be true, aye? AYE? I used to "follow" my sign when I was a young lad. Funny how easy it is to be sucked in by the simpleness of suggestibility?

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#8    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:33 AM

Then when I analyzed everything that is merely suggestible, I was able to clean out my mental locker.

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#9    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Commander in the Secret Space Fleet

• 24,459 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:33 AM

As my brithday's right on the boundary between Scorpio and Saggitarius, I like to think that I'm a blend iof the best points of both. :innocent: I realise there may be scientific basis for this assumption, but people say that about Astrology as a whole, sio why should we listen to them. :cry:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#10    emberdawn

emberdawn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

If you go back 9 months you end up in February. I'm guessing a lot of Scorpios were possibly conceived  on Valentines Day. I thought that was kind of interesting.

#11    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,133 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:20 PM

Simbi Laveau, on 10 September 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

Scorpio have a mean streak ,a mile wide. They also enjoy hurting people who love them . Yah

Well, this just proves how incorrect astrology really is.

Survey of my friends and family will tell you that I'm a kind hearted person. I enjoy hurting no one, least of all those who love me.

I'm a Scorpio.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#12    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,620 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:10 PM

emberdawn, on 10 September 2012 - 12:14 PM, said:

If you go back 9 months you end up in February. I'm guessing a lot of Scorpios were possibly conceived  on Valentines Day. I thought that was kind of interesting.
Aww, that's just cute.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#13    emberdawn

emberdawn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

Hello Lilly from what I understand Scorpio's are some of the most loving, loyal, and protective  people. That and they have beautiful eyes and deep thoughts

#14    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• And a million baneful words couldn't bring me to my knees.

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

Scorpio here. I'm not evil, and I don't enjoy hurting people. I dislike confrontation and would rather walk away. I'm very stubborn.

Posted Image

Whether you think you can or whether you think you cant, you're right! -Henry Ford

#15    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,936 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

i have been in a relationship with a scorpio for over 8 years and he is the kindest funniest most generous person i have ever met.
driven, dedicated, compassionate, loving, selfless.
so there ya go

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users