Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 5 votes

Video Footage Of Fairies In Lady's House

fairies

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#16    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

You couldn't recreate the effect either.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#17    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,679 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:32 AM

Looks like bugs to me too. I don't see anything that screams fairy to me.

I have a 5 year old daughter.... so I know fairies.

Edited by DieChecker, 25 June 2013 - 07:35 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#18    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:09 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 25 June 2013 - 07:32 AM, said:

Looks like bugs to me too. I don't see anything that screams fairy to me.

I have a 5 year old daughter.... so I know fairies.
Bugs don't move that fast and create a glow effect though. Why no National Geographic or BBC Nature programme on these bug-look-alike-fairies then?

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#19    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

Aren't they tiny flying hyraxes?

Posted Image

#20    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,955 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:24 AM

View PostRingFenceTheCity, on 24 June 2013 - 08:45 AM, said:

This security video uses infra-red btw.
Your point being?

Perhaps they are almost 100% reflective for example.
Lots of things, and parts of things, reflect differently - so again, what is your point?

They also move MUCH faster than beetle fireflies.
Rubbish.  Basic beginner's error.  Up close, even a slowly moving insect/anything will traverse the field of view very quickly.  Further away things will cross the same angle much slower and therefore appear slower.  Distant things will hardly move at all.. (do I need to post that Father Ted video?)  It's the very simple concept of angular velocity - look it up.

So, UNLESS you know how close the thing is, making statements about being 'much faster' is just plain wrong.

I searched the internet for an official nature site like National Geographic for similar footage, but there simply isn't any to be found.
You know what - I looked for NG videos of paint drying, and they don't have any of them either!!! OMG!! - just what could possibly be going on??  It's a huge conspiracy by the reptilians, I reckon..  Some might say that NG simply don't bother with basic stuff like helping people realise that bugs will catch the light in videos, but those people must be crazy!!!  It should be NG's highest priority, I reckon...  Well.. after they do my paint-drying one, anyway.. :rolleyes:

Why aren't these little critters part of a BBC nature programme for example?
Clearly it is because the media have been shut down completely on this one.  You're on to the most important thing since Watergate...
Again, some might say... oh yes, I already said that..

Why hasn't anyone solved the mystery once and for all?
Perhaps because there is no mystery.  FTR, there are plenty of videos showing these effects.  The fact that you, RingFenceTheCity/SunnyBlues/tailormaneinafog/Lapedalleur/Humblemun *think* it's a mystery is irrelevant to reality, and the fact you couldn't find any relevant videos simply tells us what segment of the Internet you like to inhabit...

I suspect they can't be caught with bug-nets, but a serious attempt at containing them in a sealed room and fumigating is a possibility for an intrepid researcher.
P.S. You couldn't recreate the effect.
Oh, the delicious irony.  You can't even catch a bug (other than on video), yet you complain because no 'intrepid researcher' can be bothered to recreate a video of said bugs...?

I think it's pretty clear from this thread and other posts that nothing will shake your beliefs, so no matter how hard anyone tried to 'recreate' the video, you would find excuses.

BTW, next time you post a video, could you make it clear whether it is yours or not?  It is basic politeness - all intrepid researchers do it.

My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - ChrLzs

The truth ONLY hurts when it slaps you in the face after you haven't done proper homework and made silly claims... - ChrLzs

#21    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

lol. I said "in A Lady's House" not "In My House"! Why don't you or one of your habitual nay-sayer friends actually go outside one evening and video some bugs doing the same thing so you can prove me wrong? Oh, too much effort is it? Are you going to spend time dissecting every sentence again instead of doing something useful?

Edited by RingFenceTheCity, 25 June 2013 - 12:45 PM.

#22    GreatFenris

GreatFenris

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

• Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
    -Optimus Prime.

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

View PostRingFenceTheCity, on 23 June 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

This doesn't look like fake footage to me..

Published on Mar 1, 2013

These orbs are in my daughter's bedroom. Towards the end, there is a strange, double or winged looking orb. I've never seen one like it! My neighborhood is the site of a previous settlement, with slaves quarters and an old church nearby. The feeling we get from this activity is non-threatening, and our animals (cats and dogs) don't seem to be alarmed by it, either. My whole house has this level of activity, as if hundreds are just coming and going, passing through.

Emphasis mine. Really sounds like you meant in your own home.
OnT: Yeah...Hello bugs?

#23    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,460 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

The lady needs one of these, SORTED!! they are called  b u g  s c r e e n s.

Posted Image

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#24    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,759 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

View PostRingFenceTheCity, on 25 June 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

lol. I said "in A Lady's House" not "In My House"! Why don't you or one of your habitual nay-sayer friends actually go outside one evening and video some bugs doing the same thing so you can prove me wrong? Oh, too much effort is it? Are you going to spend time dissecting every sentence again instead of doing something useful?
Why dont you do it? you say fairies are real or so you clamied..so you do it instead of creating fantasy animals that only you see

#25    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,679 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

View PostRingFenceTheCity, on 25 June 2013 - 09:09 AM, said:

Bugs don't move that fast and create a glow effect though. Why no National Geographic or BBC Nature programme on these bug-look-alike-fairies then?
Fly that fast? .... Yes they do.

The glow? .... From the camera light.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#26    Overdueleaf

Overdueleaf

Psychic Spy

• 1,175 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:19 PM

i noticed that the description of this thread states them as being "white fire-fly like"... why couldnt they be just that.. fireflies... what specifically makes them fairies?

Posted Image

Your memory IS foggy. It's the pancakes

#27    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,772 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:58 PM

View PostOdds, on 23 June 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

So dust and bugs on film have changed from spirits to fairies now?
dust and bugs to ghosts and fairies, spoiled blond children like paris hilton think their respected, what has the world come to? is there any hope? wait facebook exists so i guess not, i do have an open mind, but i fish alot and i usually video tape it for my son noah and mine look alot like those, and light bugs can look that convincing as well, and if they were real fairies wouldnt they be farting pixie dust? or maybe screaming at the top of their lungs because it looks like they are flying into those walls pretty fast

#28    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,772 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:08 PM

and as far as fireflies not being fast enough, they are called lightning bugs to ya know because they glow and fly quick almost looks like lightning when they flash as well, heres a source on some of the things they can do http://insects.about...t-Fireflies.htm
they seem pretty amazing to me

Edited by kannin, 25 June 2013 - 11:18 PM.

#29    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,772 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:16 PM

firelies fly 8-10m/sec http://wiki.answers....ireflies_fly_km is that fast?

#30    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,772 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:19 PM

Top speed observed at chasing, also at fast divings ending up with expanded red light after flashing, sounds alot like what i saw in that video, i can catch a bunch of bugs in my backyard let them loose in my home video tape it and have my self a very nice peter pan remake too

Also tagged with fairies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users