Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Big cat filmed near military base in Scotland

Still Waters

PC Chris Swallow, who is based at the Faslane naval base on the Clyde, took pictures and video using his mobile phone after spotting the animal.

He initially believed he was looking at a Labrador crossing railway tracks from a friend's garden in the Churchill Estate in Helensburgh, Dunbartonshire.

But he decided to investigate closer and said he was "stunned" by what he saw.

"The animal wasn't moving the way I expected a dog to. It was then I realised that what I was seeing was a big cat," said PC Swallow, who is a trained dog handler.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Looking at the video, it's difficult to tell just how big this cat is :unsure2: It doesn't look all that big to me.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• Mattshark

• Cetacea

• Still Waters

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the video, it's difficult to tell just how big this cat is :unsure2: It doesn't look all that big to me.

Since panthers are either jaguars or leopards. I'm saying with confidence that, that is a domestic cat.

Either that is an over fed overgrown blacktom cat...or some tw*t has gone and opened the cage of a panther LOL

I thought it looked quite small and kept thinking it was moving all wrong for a big cat, I might be wrong or biased from too many documentaries were you see them slinking through the undergrowth but it's just all over the place and not as cautious as I would expect an animal shy of humans and human habituation to be. I've never really seen a big cat walking with the tail held so high either.

It looks just a little bigger than my Cuddles, but not by much. I have seen a Florida Panther and when you see a big cat you know it they are big, very big. You're right, Cetacea, big cats don't carry their tails like that.

Edited by Darkwind

I showed my father the video-- he works on the railway, so is a good judge of the size of the creature in question. Considering the gauge of track in the UK, he said that it was a big cat, but not a Big Cat. :lol:

Edited by _Libby