Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Why is there next to zero ufo news nowadays

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1    eley

eley

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:39 PM

And im not referring to `lights over lake eerie`...

Until about 2011, there was always something interesting, from the `alien interview` to the pheonix lights, to the `alien message in crop circle`, norway spiral to chicago o`haire airport, or ufos seen over temple mount, the turkish alien ufo over the water,  ufo or missile? ufo over china airports, and lots more happening.

There was always at least one major point a year that got a buzz and people talking. Even if it had debunkers swarming all over it, at least there was something

There has been absolutly nothing interesting in ufology for about 2 years now. and its really begging the question..  WHY!

Ps i have zero interest in mufon reports or `lights over lake eerie or a youtube video of an orb`.. before anybody tells me `theres lots happening ` and presents that as the `lots happening`.

Edited by eley, 29 July 2013 - 01:40 PM.

#2    CHRIS_UK

CHRIS_UK

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

• Humour is the key :D

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

In my opinion, the reason there aren't as many nowadays is because technology has gotten to a point now where hoaxes are so easily created. I mean cgi and puppet making are almost (if not) lifelike now, and with the right materials and money, you can make something that resembles a flying saucer, and fly it yourself. I think a lot of people just rationalise things more regardless of whether they have seen something real or not and put it down to being man made. It doesn't help that there are so many hoaxers out there either, because this encourages real encounters to be deemed as instant hoaxes. This i would imagine must put a lot of people off making claims.

#3    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,699 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

View Posteley, on 29 July 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

Ps i have zero interest in mufon reports or `lights over lake eerie or a youtube video of an orb`.. before anybody tells me `theres lots happening ` and presents that as the `lots happening`.

So, unless it comes from CNN, you won't bother with reports?

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#4    eley

eley

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

no... but people seem to think a dot of light in the sky with zero point of reference is `stunning ufo footage`

#5    Spacenut56

Spacenut56

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

Not all of us do. Criteria helps.

#6    Amerix

Amerix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

Why is there next to zero ufo news nowadays

Because there are so many damn TV shows and movies about them these days.   It's almost as bad as Zombies.

#7    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

BigFoot Whisperer

• 3,245 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is knowing when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

I don't know why the lull but surprise, surprise - I finally saw my 1st UFO  last weekend (7/21).

It was a black orb about 1 to 1.5 feet in diameter, it went whisking right past the back of my yard. Of the four of us out there in the back yard,
only my oldest son looked quick enough to see it when I said "LOOK"! My youngest, who is extremely quiet said nothing, he could have seen something for all I know, but he did not involve himself in the conversation. and the 4th person, my friend, is blind as a bat at distances.

anyway, I will not say this was a craft under ET control. For all I know it could be government technology, used for domestic spying like a drone, or who knows what.
however, since I don't know what it was and it was clearly flying, then it is an unidentified flying object, UFO.

more at 11:00!

"I'm not trying to say your wrong, I'm just saying I disagree with you" ~ Jeremy ~

#8    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

View Posteley, on 29 July 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

And im not referring to `lights over lake eerie`...

Until about 2011, there was always something interesting, from the `alien interview` to the pheonix lights, to the `alien message in crop circle`, norway spiral to chicago o`haire airport, or ufos seen over temple mount, the turkish alien ufo over the water,  ufo or missile? ufo over china airports, and lots more happening.

There was always at least one major point a year that got a buzz and people talking. Even if it had debunkers swarming all over it, at least there was something

There has been absolutly nothing interesting in ufology for about 2 years now. and its really begging the question..  WHY!

The main reason is not what most people would actually suspect.  

There is an insidious blandness in people about anything other than sex, power or money.  These are the three gods of modern life.  Unless something's affects people's bank accounts they are guaranteed to Lose intest after after while.

Then they become numb to things.

This can be seen in people's response to shocking world news.   Forty years ago ther would have been a huge outcry in response to the image of children starving in Africa.

Now no one pays any interest.

So you mention the Phoenix lights to someone at work and they reply with "oh that's interesting ; I must get a new set of tyres for the car".

It's all blandness you see.

Posted Image

#9    Spacenut56

Spacenut56

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

well said.

#10    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 11,920 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

View Postzoser, on 29 July 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

The main reason is not what most people would actually suspect.  

There is an insidious blandness in people about anything other than sex, power or money.  These are the three gods of modern life.  Unless something's affects people's bank accounts they are guaranteed to Lose intest after after while.

Then they become numb to things.

This can be seen in people's response to shocking world news.   Forty years ago ther would have been a huge outcry in response to the image of children starving in Africa.

Now no one pays any interest.

So you mention the Phoenix lights to someone at work and they reply with "oh that's interesting ; I must get a new set of tyres for the car".

It's all blandness you see.
That, I would say is one of three reasons.

The second is that there is a wider, more diverse, forum called the Internet that now exists in such a way that not only will sightings be reported to believers (ie someone who'll say "ohh you saw some Pledians, nice chaps but a bit rude at time") but to skeptics ("what else could it have been?") and cynics ("you're lying"). You see it here, someone says something and you'll have within a few minutes three responses - all to the tune of "cool, that's interesting" "more information please" and "rubbish". So there are less reports because of the pressure of peer review being so bittering cruel courtesy of the facelessness offered by the Internet.

The third has grown out of the second, but is connected somewhat to the first - that is the fear of ridicule. People will avoid saying "I say something" or "I believe in fish people from the moon" because of the second ("really? What evidence do you have?") and third ("p*** off troll") style responses.

HOWEVER, all that said - we need those three responses. That's what's call testing something. You see if it can be matched to a pre-existing phenomena (the first response), you see if the evidence supports it (the second) and you see if it can stand up to basic ridicule (the third).

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#11    MyInnerShadow

MyInnerShadow

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

• This too shall pass.

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

I think part of the problem is that we've had decades of dodgy photos and blurry videos, and yet we still see no real clear footage of anything that stands up to scrutiny, so I think that while many people are open to the possibility of ET life, most of the public have lost interest in UFOs, seeing it as being for cranks.

#12    ambelamba

ambelamba

Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

• 3,405 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:55 AM

One of my local libraries actually carry MUFON journal. I've read them.

Then I realized that no one can lose anything by ignoring them.

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#13    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:01 AM

View PostSweetpumper, on 29 July 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

So, unless it comes from CNN, you won't bother with reports?

Pretty much sums it up. Unless of course it is your own report then it is worth investigating :tu: .

#14    JamieSymptom

JamieSymptom

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

Seems to me that it was a kind of a fad that passed - from the 40's to the 90's, a steady build of reports, a growing core base of believers up through the post-war technological advances, the space age - culminating in the "X-Files era" where the tv show cemented the 'reality' that the aliens are here, they have been for a long time, and a huge revelation is coming, the cover-ups are going to be blown open, the governments will relent and open up, open contact is going to happen anytime....

And then... nothing happened.

If anything, it's since we got past the millenium that the fever pitch has gradually died down to what we have now, general disinterest.

It reminds me of the arc of feverish interest that spiritualism had, or new-age philosophy, just over a longer period of time.

Posted Image

#15    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,245 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:28 PM

I think its how one comes into the subject. If someone 'just' got into the study of UFO, then most searches display the classic old time stories first, the alien interviews, the autopsies, The Hills, Travis Walton etc etc, then as time goes by and someone has looked into the classics, and the more modern less classsic stories, you get to realise that actually, there isnt a great deal of quality news about ufo's, at all.

Sure there are endless crappy vids and blurry pics, and as pointed out, an utter deluge of fakes, so I guess it really tells us, once you look into it with a rational mind, lots of sightings and stories boil down to - not so many after all..

I mean come on, earth is hardly an inter galactic alien airport now is it?

Besides, there are always new stories and reports, you just have to know how to find them, click the following link

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...est ufo reports

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users