Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

The Rise of the AntiChrist


  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1    Samuronin

Samuronin

    Most Valuable Player

  • Member
  • 3,048 posts
  • Joined:02 Mar 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Behind You

  • "Be yourself. There is something that you can do better than any other. Listen to the inward voice and bravely obey that. "

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:00 AM

Ive watched this show on National Geographic  Channel just this morning titled Secret Bible. It talks about the book of revelations in the Bible, in which the "experts" point out this scenario where the so called Antichrist will rise and starts a war to take over I think Jerusalem, and these Antichrists (as they are depicted) are organized, rich, powerful ( They're leaders are high ranking Government and Military Officials).They have weapons (tanks,jets,ships,nukes you name them!!!!!), killing millions of innocent people. (They also pointed out that this will happen sometime in the future, in our generation today).

  I find it interesting because people in here are talking about this 2012 doomsday bull@##$, maybe this is one of those scenarios which all of this crazed fanatics will come up to. I personally believe that nothing "apocalyptic" will happen in 12/21/12.... so what are your opinions????

Posted Image
The Difference between the unattainable and the attainable lies in a person's determination.

#2    SRCivic98

SRCivic98

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts
  • Joined:23 Jan 2008
  • Gender:Male

  • When being pushed to the limits. Killing is just as easy as breathing.

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:07 AM

who knows, it could be the end of times or it could just be another depression that's getting worse than the last one. Yeah, that's right I said it, DEPRESSION!!!! DEPRESSION! DEPRESSION! DEPRESSION! Nothing is what is seems or used to be anymore either. Either way, human civilization will destroy them selves before god, satan, gaia (Earth / Nature) , will ever come into play.

LIVE WITH HONOR, DIE WITH PRIDE - PERSONAL MOTTO

THE MORE THINGS CHANGE, THE MORE THEY STAY THE SAME - SNAKE PLISKIN IN ESCAPE FROM LA

ONCE ALL THINGS ARE ELIMATED, WHAT REMAINS, NO MATTER HOW IMPROBIBABLE IT MAY SEEM, MUST BE THE TRUTH - SHERLOCK HOLMES


#3    Samuronin

Samuronin

    Most Valuable Player

  • Member
  • 3,048 posts
  • Joined:02 Mar 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Behind You

  • "Be yourself. There is something that you can do better than any other. Listen to the inward voice and bravely obey that. "

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:15 AM

And ohh some this one too, I just found it in the Bible:

Revelations Chapter 12:12

"Therefore rejoice,ye heavens,and ye that dwell in them.Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! For the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time."

:unsure:

Posted Image
The Difference between the unattainable and the attainable lies in a person's determination.

#4    Mattshark

Mattshark

    stuff

  • Member
  • 16,985 posts
  • Joined:29 Dec 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Liverpool, UK

  • Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

    If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:15 AM

View PostSamuronin, on 22 August 2009 - 04:15 AM, said:

And ohh some this one too, I just found it in the Bible:

Revelations Chapter 12:12

"Therefore rejoice,ye heavens,and ye that dwell in them.Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! For the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time."

:unsure:

Yeah, it is more than likely written about the Roman empire under Nero.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#5    KRS-One

KRS-One

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
  • Joined:24 Apr 2009

  • This Machine Kills Fascists

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:02 PM

Matt's right.

The book of Revelation was written regarding the persecution of early Christians under Roman authority.  The whole thing is quite literally a ****-fest for persecuted early christians to hold out hope that terrible things would befall Rome allowing them to no longer suffer under them.

As it turns out, one of Rome's emporer's went crazy and lost a bet with himself, converting to Christianity, ending persecution.  After which time, Christians were pretty ok with Rome.

The whole book is an alternative-history science fiction, much like we'd read about a zombie apocalypse or Armageddon story because it makes us think there will be justice against vague, overpowering forces, and we'll all be heroes and act all cool, so was it to them.


#6    Jessem

Jessem

    Future Husband

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts
  • Joined:17 Apr 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Starry Sky

  • No matter what anyone say's, you can make a difference... you probably already have.

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:16 PM

View PostKRS-One, on 23 August 2009 - 10:02 PM, said:

Matt's right.

The book of Revelation was written regarding the persecution of early Christians under Roman authority.  The whole thing is quite literally a ****-fest for persecuted early christians to hold out hope that terrible things would befall Rome allowing them to no longer suffer under them.

As it turns out, one of Rome's emporer's went crazy and lost a bet with himself, converting to Christianity, ending persecution.  After which time, Christians were pretty ok with Rome.

The whole book is an alternative-history science fiction, much like we'd read about a zombie apocalypse or Armageddon story because it makes us think there will be justice against vague, overpowering forces, and we'll all be heroes and act all cool, so was it to them.
Do we even know which prophet wrote revelations? and also the reason why 12/12 is going to happen is because so many people believe in it. Also the "antichrist" is an unknown person of origin, he or she could be just a regluar old Joe. The powers at be for the moment are nothing more than old idiots consumed in themselves. The anti christ isnt looking for world dominiation hes looking for suffering and pain. Nothing else and nothing more. And you wont even see it coming. Thats thier job.

Edited by Jessem, 23 August 2009 - 10:18 PM.

The secret of life is'nt trying to figure out the secret, its about living it.

#7    Mattshark

Mattshark

    stuff

  • Member
  • 16,985 posts
  • Joined:29 Dec 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Liverpool, UK

  • Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

    If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:22 AM

View PostJessem, on 23 August 2009 - 10:16 PM, said:

Do we even know which prophet wrote revelations? and also the reason why 12/12 is going to happen is because so many people believe in it. Also the "antichrist" is an unknown person of origin, he or she could be just a regluar old Joe. The powers at be for the moment are nothing more than old idiots consumed in themselves. The anti christ isnt looking for world dominiation hes looking for suffering and pain. Nothing else and nothing more. And you wont even see it coming. Thats thier job.
I believe St John wrote it.
There is no anti-christ, there is no evidence of Jesus or of god and none of that is anything to do with the whole 2012 idiocy.
This is not discworld. A load of people on the internet believing something doesn't make it true or give it credence, remember Y2K? Why would this be any different (except that it is not as well known).

Edited by Mattshark, 24 August 2009 - 10:24 AM.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#8    Jessem

Jessem

    Future Husband

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts
  • Joined:17 Apr 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Starry Sky

  • No matter what anyone say's, you can make a difference... you probably already have.

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:52 AM

View PostMattshark, on 24 August 2009 - 10:22 AM, said:

I believe St John wrote it.
There is no anti-christ, there is no evidence of Jesus or of god and none of that is anything to do with the whole 2012 idiocy.
This is not discworld. A load of people on the internet believing something doesn't make it true or give it credence, remember Y2K? Why would this be any different (except that it is not as well known).
Thank you,
Now matt. No matter what, we live in a world of pros and cons do we not? Pro life, pro gay rights, pro religion, pro government, pro education. No matter what there will always be something in the negative aspects of which the world we live in. There are definatly people out there that are "anti-everything". At one point people actually believed that noone could be "anti-american". There are "anti-christs" in this world. People who believe in the exact of opposite of everything good are there not? The biblical "anti-christ" is described as a leader of the people. Someone who will pretend to be helpful. A person that will betray everything they say they stand for and the people they lead. Is it not true there are not people in this world like that? It may not be exactly to the T as described in the bible but id say that it would be the exact opposite of what JC stood for, would it not? Thats what ANTI means, right? The opposite, opposing against something. Not on the same side. I just know just as you that good cannot exist without the bad. No matter what. Im borrowing this real quick,
Any thoughts?

The secret of life is'nt trying to figure out the secret, its about living it.

#9    a vampire wears my boxers

a vampire wears my boxers

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined:20 Jul 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:southeast alabama

  • like empty prayers from a disentigrating throat

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:57 AM

anyway, i watched on History no less, that the person who wrote revelation was living in a cave. today, those same cave systems are rife with methane gas leaks.(if it is something other than methane i apologize in advance) so, the big prophet of doomsday was high off his *** on natural gas. well, call me a believer.

it looks like the upper hand, is on the other foot.

i guess they would say we could set this world ablaze

i have never tried to succeed at anything, therefore i have never failed.

#10    Mattshark

Mattshark

    stuff

  • Member
  • 16,985 posts
  • Joined:29 Dec 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Liverpool, UK

  • Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

    If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:07 PM

View PostJessem, on 24 August 2009 - 11:52 AM, said:

Thank you,
Now matt. No matter what, we live in a world of pros and cons do we not? Pro life, pro gay rights, pro religion, pro government, pro education. No matter what there will always be something in the negative aspects of which the world we live in. There are definatly people out there that are "anti-everything". At one point people actually believed that noone could be "anti-american". There are "anti-christs" in this world. People who believe in the exact of opposite of everything good are there not? The biblical "anti-christ" is described as a leader of the people. Someone who will pretend to be helpful. A person that will betray everything they say they stand for and the people they lead. Is it not true there are not people in this world like that? It may not be exactly to the T as described in the bible but id say that it would be the exact opposite of what JC stood for, would it not? Thats what ANTI means, right? The opposite, opposing against something. Not on the same side. I just know just as you that good cannot exist without the bad. No matter what. Im borrowing this real quick,
Any thoughts?
You examples of pro's and con's is an inaccurate summation of what you would use as showing pro's and con's (which more accurately describe positive and negatives of a situation or item) pro-life is not countered by con-life, it is countered by pro-choice.

I know what anti means. Who didn't believe people could be anti-American? There aren't anti-Christ's at all. Some people may not be nice but sadly for the world it is far more grey area than black and white. I don't think that is a very realistic view of the world. And you cannot be anti-everything, that is paradoxical.

None of this gives any credibility to what you have originally stated.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#11    WoIverine

WoIverine

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,710 posts
  • Joined:16 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:27 PM

Because of my bad luck alone, I've learned that when I deny something is possible...it usually comes back to bite me lol.


#12    Jessem

Jessem

    Future Husband

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts
  • Joined:17 Apr 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Starry Sky

  • No matter what anyone say's, you can make a difference... you probably already have.

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:58 PM

Im trying to see from your point of view. I orinaginally stated that there is an anti-christ. There is, I was merely trying to put it in a more wide-span view to show the possibility of it.
There is always a negative to a positive. You say there are grey areas, which is true. BUT in this instance we speaking to the terms of the subject which is the antichrist. It is pure fact tthat no matter what give it history or culture there is usually a negative aspect to all things. I was just stating that there is something that contredicts christ. Life in itself can be and is a contradiction. There is another side to everyting, so its just common sense that there is something completly opposite of JC, thus that makes him the 'anti-christ" which means he stands for everything JC didnt. Pure and simple. You believe he didnt exsist so therefore this topic shouldnt exsist for you, correct? How can you make a claim for something you dont believe even exsisted? You are entitled to your opinion but the only thing that will come out is negativity against the topic. Were here to try and have open minds, and see past the pedistule of incompatence or hard headedness. I may be wrong I may be right. So here lies our contradiction. You say it never happend on a thread that is atleast treading the possibility.

Edited by Jessem, 24 August 2009 - 01:03 PM.

The secret of life is'nt trying to figure out the secret, its about living it.

#13    Samuronin

Samuronin

    Most Valuable Player

  • Member
  • 3,048 posts
  • Joined:02 Mar 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Behind You

  • "Be yourself. There is something that you can do better than any other. Listen to the inward voice and bravely obey that. "

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:44 PM

Quote

I believe St John wrote it

According to the show I watched, the book of Revelations was written 100 years ahead of him, making it impossible for St John to be the writer (he will be dead at that time.... unless he was a Centenarian)

Posted Image
The Difference between the unattainable and the attainable lies in a person's determination.

#14    Jessem

Jessem

    Future Husband

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts
  • Joined:17 Apr 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Starry Sky

  • No matter what anyone say's, you can make a difference... you probably already have.

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:20 PM

View PostSamuronin, on 24 August 2009 - 01:44 PM, said:

According to the show I watched, the book of Revelations was written 100 years ahead of him, making it impossible for St John to be the writer (he will be dead at that time.... unless he was a Centenarian)
I know alot of the bible are manuscripts written from teachings as well. So who knows who really had the input on the entire chapter itself.

The secret of life is'nt trying to figure out the secret, its about living it.

#15    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,402 posts
  • Joined:29 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:London

  • Godspeed MID

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:32 PM

View PostSamuronin, on 24 August 2009 - 01:44 PM, said:

According to the show I watched, the book of Revelations was written 100 years ahead of him, making it impossible for St John to be the writer (he will be dead at that time.... unless he was a Centenarian)

Many biblical scholars no longer consider John of Patmos (who wrote Revelation), St John the apostle and John the Evangelist as the same person.


View PostSamuronin, on 22 August 2009 - 04:00 AM, said:

Ive watched this show on National Geographic  Channel just this morning titled Secret Bible. It talks about the book of revelations in the Bible, in which the "experts" point out this scenario where the so called Antichrist will rise and starts a war to take over I think Jerusalem, and these Antichrists (as they are depicted) are organized, rich, powerful ( They're leaders are high ranking Government and Military Officials).They have weapons (tanks,jets,ships,nukes you name them!!!!!), killing millions of innocent people. (They also pointed out that this will happen sometime in the future, in our generation today)

You don't need an expert to see what Revelation is about. The fact that the Whore of Babylon is dressed in purple is a pretty good indication that its a metaphor for Rome, who at that point persecuted Christians.

There are right wing Christians in America who think that nuclear war in the middle east which destroys Jerusalem would herald the return of Christ, but you don't need to know much about politics to see that these people are the wrong side of insane.

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users