Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 16 votes

Was Vincent van Gogh Jack the Ripper ?

vincent van gogh jack the ripper serial killers true crime case solved

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
325 replies to this topic

#286    Dale Larner

Dale Larner

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:19 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 07 March 2013 - 11:06 PM, said:

With all due respect, you are going round the houses now to try to prove your point, and its on very very wobbly wheels. If the facts were so obvious you would not have to push so hard with trying and it is now getting trying indeed!
2 and 3 ? joke right? maybe you should write a book on humour, now that i would buy. (you can include your Jacque Le Ripper theory in it too.

Please note: express trains did not pass through a tunnel in those days and it was necessary to take a boat as part of the journey.  So for him to get a train and boat from Arles to London - Victoria station, then to the East end, find a prostitute, kill her without being noticed then return to Victoria station (I can`t believe I am putting this, its just too funny) to catch the train then get a boat to catch another train then get another train to Arles, would be cutting it very fine to say the least!

My wheels are steady and I’m driving straight ahead. Not pushing hard, just stating the facts as they are. I’ve done the research. I know the subjects well.

I like humor, but I can’t find why #3 & #4 would seem humorous. Again, I’m simply stating the facts.

It’s understandable that some might jump to the conclusion that train travel was slow and unreliable back then. This could be true for local trains, but not for the express mail trains. They made few stops and sped along from Marseille to Paris and Paris to Calais and Dover to London, and back. The steamers were timed to meet the trains on their arrival at places like Calais and Dover, and the steamers could get across the 21 miles in 90 minutes.

This is not guesswork or speculation. It’s the way it was, and I put the work in to get to the truth. I prefer to work in facts. Bradshaw’s Continental Railway Guide of March 1888 is my source for the train and steamer schedules. Can’t get better than that.

I don’t see why it would be so difficult to imagine a man catching trains and steamer and murdering and then catching a train and steamer and trains to return home. It wasn’t such a hard thing to do. The trains and steamers were on a schedule. As for the murdering, well, most would find that hard to do, but not Vincent. Ha!

Having lots of good clean fun,
Dale Larner

#287    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,549 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:51 AM

I believe it was this theory, because the markings on the women `s bodies were the same markings on the women`s bodies  from England.At least he got the electic chair

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-14207581

Edited by docyabut2, 08 March 2013 - 01:53 AM.

#288    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:54 AM

View PostDale Larner, on 08 March 2013 - 01:19 AM, said:

My wheels are steady and I’m driving straight ahead. Not pushing hard, just stating the facts as they are. I’ve done the research. I know the subjects well.

I like humor, but I can’t find why #3 & #4 would seem humorous. Again, I’m simply stating the facts.

It’s understandable that some might jump to the conclusion that train travel was slow and unreliable back then. This could be true for local trains, but not for the express mail trains. They made few stops and sped along from Marseille to Paris and Paris to Calais and Dover to London, and back. The steamers were timed to meet the trains on their arrival at places like Calais and Dover, and the steamers could get across the 21 miles in 90 minutes.

This is not guesswork or speculation. It’s the way it was, and I put the work in to get to the truth. I prefer to work in facts. Bradshaw’s Continental Railway Guide of March 1888 is my source for the train and steamer schedules. Can’t get better than that.

I don’t see why it would be so difficult to imagine a man catching trains and steamer and murdering and then catching a train and steamer and trains to return home. It wasn’t such a hard thing to do. The trains and steamers were on a schedule. As for the murdering, well, most would find that hard to do, but not Vincent. Ha!

Having lots of good clean fun,
Dale Larner

Hell after hearing everything from all over this topic i think i am going to buy it.If i read it and debunk it well written or not,enjoy it or not,i will personally send you so many messages demanding a refund you will regret ever writing it :lol:

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#289    Maureen_jacobs

Maureen_jacobs

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:01 AM

This is exactly what the naysayers and criticizers do, they bring attention to something that many may not have known about.

Any press is good press!

@maureen_jacobs ~ twitter

#290    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,549 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:10 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 06 March 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

If there is a case where apologies are unnecessary then this one fits the box to shoes, Mr Dale Larner is an bona fide 'idiot'

shameless one at that

not insulting or disrespecting,

on the contrary, Mr Dale Larner is the one being disrespectful to the able and sane members of the literary community

no I believe it was this theory, because the markings on the women `s bodies were the same markings on the women`s bodies from England.At least he got the electic chair

#291    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,549 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:16 AM

Opps Was Vincent van Gogh Jack the Ripper ? No I believe it was this theory, Carl Feigenbaum because the markings on the women `s bodies were the same markings on the women`s bodies from England.At least he got the electic chair

#292    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,693 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:35 AM

I'll entertain your theories,

August 7, 1888 - Martha Tabram murdered in George Yard Buildings.
August 31, 1888 - Polly Nichols killed in Bucks Row.
September 8, 1888 - Annie Chapman killed in Hanbury Street.
September 30, 1888 - Elizabeth Stride and Catherine Eddowes killed at 1:00 and 1:45 am, respectively.
November 9, 1888 - Mary Kelly killed in Miller's Court.

Dale, what online evidence of Van Gogh's movements between early August and early November, 1888 can you direct me to?

#293    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,549 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:55 AM

oh well do go on :whistle:

#294    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 08 March 2013 - 02:55 AM, said:

oh well do go on :whistle:

Dale will and that's why this thread is good reading.

#295    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,130 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

View PostMaureen_jacobs, on 06 March 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

Despite my feelings of self promotion, and individuals seeking attention for something, this person has what many scientists call a possible theory.
Name one scientist who would call this bunch of baseless excuses a theory. Oh wait, you do know what a theory is don't you?
http://www.nap.edu/o..._id=6024&page=2

We once thought the earth was flat, did not believe in the possibility of flight, etc.
You might have, I never did.

Edited by Rlyeh, 08 March 2013 - 12:51 PM.

#296    Maureen_jacobs

Maureen_jacobs

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

We, as humanity, once did think these things.  I was trying to ,are a point regarding the fact that until something is proven or disproven, it can only be an idea or theory.

@maureen_jacobs ~ twitter

#297    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,130 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:06 AM

View PostMaureen_jacobs, on 08 March 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

We, as humanity, once did think these things.  I was trying to ,are a point regarding the fact that until something is proven or disproven, it can only be an idea or theory.
The OP from the get go has shown he cherry picks the evidence to support his "theory". Even a hypothesis in science holds more weight.

#298    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,659 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

I blame Jamie and his '15 minute' meals

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#299    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,549 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

View PostAntilles, on 08 March 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

Dale will and that's why this thread is good reading.

Was Vincent van Gogh Jack the Ripper ? The reason I disagree, did any one see the documentery of the theory that that Jack the ripper was Carl Feigenbaum , the markings on the women `s bodies were the same markings on the women`s bodies from England. By the markings it shows a pattern of same symbol on all the bodies.  

#300    Whatsinausername

Whatsinausername

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 187 posts

• My God's not dead he's surely alive.

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

If I bought a copy of your book and was left unconvinced would you provide a 10,000% refund?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users