Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is Putin Losing It?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#16    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,391 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

View Postlittle_dreamer, on 05 September 2013 - 11:30 PM, said:

Putin is a bit creepy in my eyes.  He's like old school KGB.  I don't know what he's capable of.

Yeah he worries me too. I cant tell if he is full or idle threats or if he is crazy enough to do something stupid.

Edited by spartan max2, 05 September 2013 - 11:32 PM.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#17    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,240 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:02 AM

View Postspartan max2, on 05 September 2013 - 11:31 PM, said:

Yeah he worries me too. I cant tell if he is full or idle threats or if he is crazy enough to do something stupid.
He seems to have a huge case of "short man syndrome"  I worry that he will miscalculate our national resolve due to Obama being a bungler.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#18    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:52 AM

View Postand then, on 06 September 2013 - 01:02 AM, said:

He seems to have a huge case of "short man syndrome"  I worry that he will miscalculate our national resolve due to Obama being a bungler.

Putin in one corner,Obama in the other,quite frankly the world is up the creek without a paddle.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#19    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,390 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:54 AM

Putin chiding the UK doesn't belong in the Middle East board.   He wasn't chiding them for voting down more missile adventures in Syria.

But let's talk about Europe here.  I don't get any of my moral authority from that little island either.  The UK dropped any chance of that generations ago.  If we look back a hundred years they're the most guilty party of global interventionism around.   The sun never set on the British Empire they once said.  Well it sets on them now and if the empire was a reason to listen to them (it was) and if we're going to be logically consistent about it, the lack of empire is a reason not to.   So get in line France, and you other little Europeans out there who don't have a tax liability for this childish hypocrisy and violence the US federal government is trying mightily to be responsible for.   Obama wants to shoot missiles at Syria now.  And the world listens to him because we're not a bunch of has-beens - yet.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#20    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,851 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:00 AM

Obama is scared of putin.

#21    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:04 AM

View Postcoolguy, on 06 September 2013 - 04:00 AM, said:

Obama is scared of putin.
That may be true, but I doubt it.  I think he is scared of the consequences of his campaign excesses in drawing a red line.  That said, I think it was right and apparently quite a few American voters thought so to as it helped reverse his decline in the polls.

There are always consequences to be feared of any line of action, but we must not allow ourselves to be frozen into inaction by the pursuit of the perfect.

#22    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,819 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:35 AM

View Postspartan max2, on 05 September 2013 - 11:31 PM, said:

Yes, that's right. he's been in power the longest of any leader of anywhere significant, so he is of course crazy enough to start WWIII. yes, that makes total sense.
Which funnily enough was exactly what was said of Saddam, of Qhadahffi, and indeed of our friend Assad .... and now we're doing it ourselves, because he's made a sardonic joke which everyone is too offended to recognise.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#23    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,460 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:51 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 06 September 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

Yes, that's right. he's been in power the longest of any leader of anywhere significant, so he is of course crazy enough to start WWIII. yes, that makes total sense.

Since when did "something stupid" equate to "WWIII"  - is there nothing inbetween as far as you're concerned then?

Which funnily enough was exactly what was said of Saddam, of Qhadahffi, and indeed of our friend Assad .... and now we're doing it ourselves, because he's made a sardonic joke which everyone is too offended to recognise.

How do you know he was telling a joke? Infact, how do you know at all what he was thinking at the time of saying it?

Edited by Sky Scanner, 06 September 2013 - 08:52 AM.

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#24    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 14,989 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 06 September 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

Yes, that's right. he's been in power the longest of any leader of anywhere significant, so he is of course crazy enough to start WWIII.

WWIII has already started. It started when the US/UK axis decided to get involved militarily in the ME without just cause to. It's just that it's a slow-burning war, so we don't really recognise it as such.

It might just be that, if the G20 mainly side with Putin (as seems to be happening) and the US Senate/House vote Obama down (and this looks increasingly more likely) WWIII will end with a splutter having barely got started. And we will end up with lame-duck leaders in both the US and the UK.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#25    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 3,166 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

I read Putin wants to give Syria a missle defence system, if we attack Syria, after all that b****ing we should `nt give that defence to Europe.We need another President Kenney to do what we are going to do, no matter how much Russia bangs that shoe.

#26    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 14,989 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:02 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 06 September 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

I read Putin wants to give Syria a missle defence system, if we attack Syria, after all that b****ing we should `nt give that defence to Europe.We need another President Kenney to do what we are going to do, no matter how much Russia bangs that shoe.

If the US is allowed to do what it wants, why also can't Russia?

What makes the US so special it must be the only nation allowed to "get it's way"?

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

#27    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,460 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:04 AM

View PostLeonardo, on 06 September 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

If the US is allowed to do what it wants, why also can't Russia?

What makes the US so special it must be the only nation allowed to "get it's way"?

Russia does do what it wants, always has done and probably always will. So what's your problem with the US doing what it wants too?

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#28    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 14,989 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

View PostSky Scanner, on 06 September 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

Russia does do what it wants, always has done and probably always will. So what's your problem with the US doing what it wants too?

My post was addressing docyabut's apparent discontent with allowing there to be a 'status quo'. I have no problem with the US or Russia doing what they want, unless that 'doing' is malicious and/or detrimental to others.

It seems to be a trend that, if a person has the affront to criticise the US, they are "anti-American". It's the same situation with Israel, if you criticise the Israeli State, you are "anti-Semitic". This is, of course, nonsense, because the US govt is not the people of the US (America) just as the Israeli govt is not the people of Israel (incl the "Semites".)

#29    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,460 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

View PostLeonardo, on 06 September 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

My post was addressing docyabut's apparent discontent with allowing there to be a 'status quo'. I have no problem with the US or Russia doing what they want, unless that 'doing' is malicious and/or detrimental to others.

I see. Well in this current situation both the US and Russia have no moral card to play, which is why when I see people criticising the US stance i'm amazed at the complete lack of equal criticism of Russia, who are playing the exact same game. I suppose with Russian history of the state slaughtering it's own citizens, complete disregard for a citizens rights and a desire for the good'ol days of fear of the state, then maybe people see Russia as the natural backer of Assad, so have less moral outrage at their actions in this affair.

It seems to be a trend that, if a person has the affront to criticise the US, they are "anti-American". It's the same situation with Israel, if you criticise the Israeli State, you are "anti-Semitic". This is, of course, nonsense, because the US govt is not the people of the US (America) just as the Israeli govt is not the people of Israel (incl the "Semites".)

Agreed.

#30    Kaa-Tzik

Kaa-Tzik

Psychic Spy

• 1,021 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

Can anybody provide a link to a source that has evidence that this comment was made by Putin. All I see are reports saying that Dmitry Peskov is alleged to have made this comment, and not backed up by any proof other than BBC journalist Nick Robinson saying Peskov did, without himself giving any source, and it is denied by Peskov. Seems like "sexed up" news.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users