Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

East Jerusalem Palestinians Face Evictions

buckskin scout

Both instances were adjudicated so I'm not sure what the issue is? If a court looked at evidence and found for the rightful owners then they have a right to the property. In the case of the second one, the home had been vacant 8 years? ?

I can sympathize with the settler who was talking about the great disparity in land available to them versus what the surrounding Arab nations have available. I saw a comparison a few days ago where someone said the Arab nations have land the size of a football field while Israel has land like a sheet of notebook paper in the center of the field and the Palestinian Arabs are saying give us part of this piece of paper sized land and everything will be okay between us. You don't REALLY believe that do you Ambush Bug? Honestly? Do you believe the Palestinians would live in peace next to Israel if Israel removed back to pre 1967 borders and shared the water equally? And IF that happened and the Palestinians began fighting to "liberate" Palestine as Arafat vowed in 1964, what would you say then? Respectfully, I am curious what you would think then.

• Like 1

Both instances were adjudicated so I'm not sure what the issue is? If a court looked at evidence and found for the rightful owners then they have a right to the property. In the case of the second one, the home had been vacant 8 years? ?

I can sympathize with the settler who was talking about the great disparity in land available to them versus what the surrounding Arab nations have available. I saw a comparison a few days ago where someone said the Arab nations have land the size of a football field while Israel has land like a sheet of notebook paper in the center of the field and the Palestinian Arabs are saying give us part of this piece of paper sized land and everything will be okay between us. You don't REALLY believe that do you Ambush Bug? Honestly? Do you believe the Palestinians would live in peace next to Israel if Israel removed back to pre 1967 borders and shared the water equally? And IF that happened and the Palestinians began fighting to "liberate" Palestine as Arafat vowed in 1964, what would you say then? Respectfully, I am curious what you would think then.

It would be the proper move towards peace, in honestly, it is in most people's opinion that the occupation, the settlements and the apartheid wall are the biggest deterrents towards peace. If Israel wants to open the doors to the discussion of peace, they have to offer complete autonomy to the Palestinians, cease their 45 year occupation, dismantle their settlements, and tear down their Iron Wall.

And those evictions occured in the occupied territories, all of the West Bank and East Jerusalem is occupied territories. So actually, Israel committed a war crime in evicting those Palestinian tenants in accordance to international law.

Edited by Ambush Bug
  • Like 1

It would be the proper move towards peace, in honestly, it is in most people's opinion that the occupation, the settlements and the apartheid wall are the biggest deterrents towards peace. If Israel wants to open the doors to the discussion of peace, they have to offer complete autonomy to the Palestinians, cease their 45 year occupation, dismantle their settlements, and tear down their Iron Wall.

And those evictions occured in the occupied territories, all of the West Bank and East Jerusalem is occupied territories. So actually, Israel committed a war crime in evicting those Palestinian tenants in accordance to international law.

So you state endlessly. I understand. But what of the last part of my scenario? The what if?

So you state endlessly. I understand. But what of the last part of my scenario? The what if?

And what relevence does this what if scenario have? Israel still needs to offer complete autonomy to Palestinians and pull up their stakes and go home. There will be no peace without that.

• Like 1

And what relevence does this what if scenario have? Israel still needs to offer complete autonomy to Palestinians and pull up their stakes and go home. There will be no peace without that.

It has the relevance of being the truth about the intentions of the Palestinians, ultimately. I guess I have been trying to give you the credit for being somewhat fair minded and unbiased here but I guess it's just not true. If Israel gave the Palestinians everything they are asking for then Israel would cease to exist. Do you believe that is a possibility in the future?

It has the relevance of being the truth about the intentions of the Palestinians, ultimately. I guess I have been trying to give you the credit for being somewhat fair minded and unbiased here but I guess it's just not true. If Israel gave the Palestinians everything they are asking for then Israel would cease to exist. Do you believe that is a possibility in the future?

No the simply fact is Palestinians deserve a state just as much as Israel does if not more as they were the indigeneous peoples.

Palestinians rank as numero uno for the highest percentage of refugees in the world, dont you feel this is a cruel and unjust fate?

Israel wont let the refugees return to their homelands under military threat of violent reprisal.

• Like 1

No the simply fact is Palestinians deserve a state just as much as Israel does if not more as they were the indigeneous peoples.

Palestinians rank as numero uno for the highest percentage of refugees in the world, dont you feel this is a cruel and unjust fate?

Israel wont let the refugees return to their homelands under military threat of violent reprisal.

Do you believe Israel, or any other country, would commit national suicide simply because of a propaganda tour de force by their detractors? This is what many seem to think will happen. The Palestinians are the largest group and have been so for the longest period due to the politics of the situation. IOW, it is their own choice to be refugees.

Do you believe Israel, or any other country, would commit national suicide simply because of a propaganda tour de force by their detractors? This is what many seem to think will happen. The Palestinians are the largest group and have been so for the longest period due to the politics of the situation. IOW, it is their own choice to be refugees.

National suicide?!!!!! Are you forgetting that the Palestinians have no jets, no bombers, no tanks, no armour vehicles, no artillary, and no standing army?!!!!!

Time to get a reality check.

Edited by Ambush Bug
  • Like 1

National suicide?!!!!! Are you forgetting that the Palestinians have no jets, no bombers, no tanks, no armour vehicles, no artillary, and no standing army?!!!!!

Time to get a reality check.

Israel would cease to exist if they allowed right of return. You know this, Bug. The Palestinians cannot overcome Israel in combat so they are using the very willing worldwide media to blame Israel for everything but the common cold. The pressure on Israel will mount until they have no choice but to surrender their country and become dhimmi vassals to their Arab neighbors OR they will have to fight. Which do you think they will do? And do you think this will lead to a better situation for anyone on the ground there? IMO that is the reality.

Israel would cease to exist if they allowed right of return. You know this, Bug. The Palestinians cannot overcome Israel in combat so they are using the very willing worldwide media to blame Israel for everything but the common cold. The pressure on Israel will mount until they have no choice but to surrender their country and become dhimmi vassals to their Arab neighbors OR they will have to fight. Which do you think they will do? And do you think this will lead to a better situation for anyone on the ground there? IMO that is the reality.

The reality is the greater majority of the millions of Palestinians in the world reside in refugees camps on both foreign and home soil and suffered under military occupation for 45 years now.

• Like 1

The reality is the greater majority of the millions of Palestinians in the world reside in refugees camps on both foreign and home soil and suffered under military occupation for 45 years now.

And will continue to do so until a major, regional war settles the issue.

Can I asked a question, it was said most of the Palestinians abandoned their homes in the war and never came back, so after many years of many abandoned homes, the homes were resold on the market and then some Palestinians came back to squat, even though some were`nt their orginal homes, is that right.? I do really feel sorry for the Palestinians that left because of the war and would like to see them live in peace again in their own homes even though it maybe under another govenment, other then another damm war to the children. There are still many Palestinians that still live in their own homes that never left.

Can I asked a question, it was said most of the Palestinians abandoned their homes in the war and never came back, so after many years of many abandoned homes, the homes were resold on the market and then some Palestinians came back to squat, even though some were`nt their orginal homes, is that right.? I do really feel sorry for the Palestinians that left because of the war and would like to see them live in peace again in their own homes even though it maybe under another govenment, other then another damm war to the children. There are still many Palestinians that still live in their own homes that never left.

No they tried to return but Israel didnt allow them the right of return under the threat of deadly force and then Israel immediately razed over 500 Palestinian villages and towns to the ground and renamed the geography, roads, villages, landmarks, etc with Hebrew names. It is called ethnic cleansing and memoricide. Israel sought to erase all memory of pre-Israel Palestine from the maps.

And will continue to do so until a major, regional war settles the issue.

Um, Palestine doesnt have an air force, doesnt have an army, and doesnt have a navy. What are you ranting about?!

• Like 1

Um, Palestine doesnt have an air force, doesnt have an army, and doesnt have a navy. What are you ranting about?!

I'm not ranting Bug. It's just that you are so focused on Palestine that you never stop to think what the conflict is truly about. The Arab States surrounding Israel are the reason for these problems. Palestinians are just the wound they won't allow to heal. I have no intention of continuing on this track with you Bug. The same old arguments have gotten quite boring. Best wishes and Am Yisrael Chai :)

I'm not ranting Bug. It's just that you are so focused on Palestine that you never stop to think what the conflict is truly about. The Arab States surrounding Israel are the reason for these problems. Palestinians are just the wound they won't allow to heal. I have no intention of continuing on this track with you Bug. The same old arguments have gotten quite boring. Best wishes and Am Yisrael Chai :)

Did the Israeli Jews not put themselves there? They chose to be there did they not?

You don't move right into the middle of neighborhood you don't like and then try to change it by force. That is starting conflict and bringing it on yourself.