Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Zombieland

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:05 PM

The sequel next year !!

#17    _Only

_Only

• 6,546 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 11 October 2009 - 02:44 AM

View PostJonathanVonErich, on 10 October 2009 - 08:05 PM, said:

The sequel next year !!

Is this a confirmation or prediction?

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#18    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,192 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:57 PM

I saw this last night... not the kind of movie I'd choose to go see either... but my daughter and boyfriend just had to see it. Ok, I have to admit, I laughed my a** off! And I agree, it played out like a TV series of sorts, it's exactly what I thought when I left the theater... but Harrelson was a riot, and WAY over the top, but funny over the top. The whole thing just worked and it was worth the $10 a ticket for an hour and half of laughs.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#19    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:05 PM

View PostJerry Only, on 10 October 2009 - 12:49 AM, said:

Shaun Of The Dead is a funny zombie movie. Zombieland is a funny movie that happens to have zombies in it.  :tu:

Actually, "Shaun of the dead" was a romantic comedy that used Zombies as the hurdles to the relationship... Zombieland was sort of like three episodes of a really fun Zombie TV show.

Both were good, I just feel that "Shaun of the dead" made a better movie since it's plot was a little more consistent. "Zombieland" would have (And still would if there are any TV execs reading this messageboard, hint hint nudge nudge) made a great TV show whereas "Shaun" couldn't have worked as a weekly show... That was the main difference.

#20    Jemimabutterworth

Jemimabutterworth

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:12 PM

LOL!  ;)

Edited by Jemimabutterworth, 12 October 2009 - 03:15 PM.

#21    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:25 PM

View PostJerry Only, on 11 October 2009 - 02:44 AM, said:

Is this a confirmation or prediction?

Well seems they have enough material for a dozen more movies if need be.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#22    InHuman

InHuman

Alien Abducter

• 4,492 posts

• Running on Bravado.

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:31 PM

I hope theres not a sequal, but the talahasse character is used in a different movie...

Also, yes, I enjoyed it a bit more than shaun of the dead only because its a different type of humor..

However, If michale cera was in it I would like it less..

There Will Be Brawl
Greatest Webseries Ever

If you carry out a policy that dehumanizes others, in the process you yourself are dehumanized.-Desmond Tutu

#23    Shakezulah

Shakezulah

The mic rulah, the old schoolah

• 6,555 posts

• I hope you can see this because I'm doing it as hard as I can.

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:13 AM

This movie was hilariously awesome. One of the better movie-going experiences I've had in awhile. It had a surprising amount of character development for being only 80 minutes, but then again, there are only 4 characters to care about, and you do really end up caring about them. I thought it got a little slow in the middle, but the ending more than made up for that. Overall, it was consistent enough to where I never got bored.

Shaun of the Dead is still way better.

Posted Image

Resident Evil isn't just a game....its a religion!

"It's one thing to express your views, but it's another thing for those views to be different than mine." - Stephen Colbert

#24    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,708 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

Loved Zombiland!  Personally, though my favourite funny zombie movies in order:

Fido
Shaun of the Dead
Zombieland

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users