Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Unexplained Top Sites Program

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,993 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 27 August 2002 - 11:43 AM

I am considering a "Top Sites" portal as a new way to help attract traffic to the site.

Basically this is a constantly updating list of the top 20 or so web sites that join in, ranked in order of "votes".

Votes are obtained when someone links to the portal via a button on the participating site. This helps other sites to advertise their own site, as well as bringing new visitors to this site and the forum.

Participating sites need only include a small graphic on their web site so that visitors can click on it and "vote" for them to help increase their rank on the top sites listing.

This is just an idea at this stage - I have found a script for doing it, I'm trying to determine whether it's a good idea, and how much interest such a program would have. There are other such top site programs on the web, but very few relating to the unexplained.

Let me know what you think, especially Odin and anyone else with a web site on the unexplained.

All comments and queries welcome.

#2    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 27 August 2002 - 12:14 PM

SaRuMaN,

I'm in.  :sk

Odin S.

#3    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 11:12 AM

[blue]Once again I've no idea what you're talking about but it sounds cool......
[/blue] :sg

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Minquass

#4    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 03:28 PM

I'm in too.  this could be interesting.

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users