Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Three questions plus one

danielost

Science and religon are trying to answer three basic guestions.

1. Where did I come from?

2. Who am I?

3. Where am I going.

Religon trys to answer one more question.

4. Is this enough for me?

2. Who am I?

3. Where am I going.

1.You came from your mother.

2. You are yourself

3.You can go anyplace you want to

4. Only you can decide what is enough for you.

• Like 3

I prefer to think of it as Science asking "How did I get here", and Religion asking "Why am I here". Religion can answer the first, but only with the extremely vague "God created you", science goes into specifics and shows us all about the processes that brought us to where we are now. Science and religion are really answering completely different questions, and I believe both can have value in a person's life.

• Like 4

I prefer to think of it as Science asking "How did I get here", and Religion asking "Why am I here". Religion can answer the first, but only with the extremely vague "God created you", science goes into specifics and shows us all about the processes that brought us to where we are now. Science and religion are really answering completely different questions, and I believe both can have value in a person's life.

Religion=God created you.

Science=It was just an accedent.

I do agree that both have value.

Edited by danielost

2. Who am I?

3. Where am I going.

Alzheimers????????

fullywired

• Like 2

Non-physical (Heaven).

2. Who am I?

Energy/Spirit taking on a human experience for fun and to grow in individuality/personality.

3. Where am I going.

If you choose the path of "Oneness" eventually your soul will be absorbed back into non-physical and you won't exist as an individual. You'll be one with "God" (Space).

If you choose the path of Individuality , Freedom, you'll become more and more of who you wish to become as a spirit/person

"enough" for who or what?

God is the consciousness of the Void manifesting all light. You are a free being. You can become as you wish. But since energy has resonance, if you choose to harm others you may find yourself with like individuals (hell worlds)....

• Like 1

Alzheimers????????

We do have a kind of alzheimers in that we forget who we really are. Perhaps if we could forget who we have become and remember what we have forgotten we could become our true selves again.

• Like 2

Religion=God created you.

Science=It was just an accedent.

I do agree that both have value.

Science cannot say "it was just an accident". That's your spin on it. If God exists, then God used science to get us to where we are today. That's my view.

Science cannot say "it was just an accident". That's your spin on it. If God exists, then God used science to get us to where we are today. That's my view.

I can agree with God using science.

As for science saying it was just an accident. That seems to be the answer I keep getting on here. Although, when I point it out, I get the "its not an accdent post".

2. Who am I?

3. Where am I going.

1.I came from God who bestow upon my mother a little soul who grew up to be me.

2. I am a gift from a God and a human being

3.I am going where ever God thinks I should go. I can have an idea of where I would like to go, but it's really not left up to me.

4.No, this is not enough for me because I haven't fulfill my potential. Whatever that may be.

• Like 2

I can agree with God using science.

As for science saying it was just an accident. That seems to be the answer I keep getting on here. Although, when I point it out, I get the "its not an accdent post".

Do you believe in Theistic Evolution? The idea that evolution is the best explanation of how life came to be as it is in our world today, but God was guiding it, in order to serve his purpose and bring about humanity as his chosen creation? I do, and that's why I am happy to say that God uses science. Evolution can only explain the how, it makes no presuppositions as to the why, in fact it doesn't even consider "why" to be a valid question. As a Christian I believe evolution explains the how, and God explains the why.

The only reason not to accept evolution is a preconceived notion that something supernatural must have happened instead (ie, six days of creation).

Sorry P, I am a fool and I make no bones about it...

I love the creation story of it took “Six days and HE rested on the seventh”, apparently if you had to create humanity all over again, to make sure you gave it the best start the lowest number you could begin with is one man and six women to insure the gene pool stood the best chance of surviving!!! no wonder he rested on the seventh day, talk about responsibilities...

Do you believe in Theistic Evolution? The idea that evolution is the best explanation of how life came to be as it is in our world today, but God was guiding it, in order to serve his purpose and bring about humanity as his chosen creation? I do, and that's why I am happy to say that God uses science. Evolution can only explain the how, it makes no presuppositions as to the why, in fact it doesn't even consider "why" to be a valid question. As a Christian I believe evolution explains the how, and God explains the why.

The only reason not to accept evolution is a preconceived notion that something supernatural must have happened instead (ie, six days of creation).

I cn agree with you on the evolution part.

As I have posted, according to the bible we are in the thirteenth day and according to science the universe is thirteen billionn years old.

As I have posted, according to the bible we are in the thirteenth day and according to science the universe is thirteen billionn years old.

The best estimate as to the age of the universe is 13.7+ billion years btp. Would'nt that put us on day fourteen, according to the Bible's estimate? Edited by Royal

Then we are in agreement. Any person who says that evolution is proof that God doesn't exist, or that it is proof that life is just an accident is making unverifiable inferences based on evolution.

I don't believe the Bible can provide us with information so specific, even if we're talking 13 billion years. I'm not certain on what you are basing your assertion that we are in the thirteenth day, but my belief puts our human history right now at the Millennium of Revelation (although I do admit the possibility of being wrong).

Alzheimers????????

fullywired

Is that enough for you?

The best estimate as to the age of the universe is 13.7+ billion years btp. Would'nt that put us on day fourteen, according to the Bible's estimate?

No. Day one ends at midnight at the end of the first day. Day two goes from the end of day one (Midnight) to the end of day 2 (1-3) thus day 13 goes from 12-14, making 13.7 right in day 13 . I'm not a creationist or biblical literalist. Also my maths might be wrong, but I remember the mess they made of calculating when the millenium actually ended; getting it a year early. Edited by Mr Walker

No. Day one ends at midnight at the end of the first day. Day two goes from the end of day one (Midnight) to the end of day 2 (1-3) thus day 13 goes from 12-14, making 13.7 right in day 13 . I'm not a creationist or biblical literalist. Also my maths might be wrong, but I remember the mess they made of calculating when the millenium actually ended; getting it a year early.

Think of each billion years as a century.Now, the calendar tells us it's the year 2013,yet we are in the 21st century. That's because counting years doesn't start at one, it starts at zero.

Think of each billion years as a century.Now, the calendar tells us it's the year 2013,yet we are in the 21st century. That's because counting years doesn't start at one, it starts at zero.

sorry there is no year zero in our calendar.

The best estimate as to the age of the universe is 13.7+ billion years btp. Would'nt that put us on day fourteen, according to the Bible's estimate?

Day 14 will be a day of peace, ie 1000 years of peace.

sorry there is no year zero in our calendar.

Your first year of life is year zero. At the moment of your birth you start at zero,then 365 days later you turn 1 year old . One second later you enter your second year of life,even though you're not two yet, you are in the second year. The first year ACE was year zero,the first year after the Big Bang was year zero.

IMHO, better questions would be:How do I make the best use of my time while I'm here? Who do I want to become? How do I achieve that? Do I choose to be in gratitude about being here or do I yearn to to be elsewhere? Sometimes these big questions about life take our focus away from the here & now and divert us from all the opportunities available to us all the time, anywhere. I'm always more interested in how people live and what they do than in what they think, because ultimately it's what we DO that counts.

• Like 1

Is that enough for you?

Is what enough ? or are you just answering a question with a question as normal for you

fullywired :whistle: