Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

.Life After Death:A Medium conducts a reading


  • Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1    markdohle

markdohle

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,448 posts
  • Joined:21 May 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Atlanta area

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:27 PM




#2    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

    Feathered Feline

  • Member
  • 11,542 posts
  • Joined:18 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Planet Earth, Emerald Isle

  • Dethpicably quackers!!!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:48 PM

That was very interesting Mark, though I am unconvinced that the spiritual body would want to hang around on this plane. I think those involved in the Research seem genuine enough in their stance, but I tend to think that "other" forces may be involved in making us believe the dead are around us.

Posted Image

#3    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,535 posts
  • Joined:12 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

    Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:54 PM

View PostMistydawn, on 15 June 2013 - 11:48 PM, said:

That was very interesting Mark, though I am unconvinced that the spiritual body would want to hang around on this plane. I think those involved in the Research seem genuine enough in their stance, but I tend to think that "other" forces may be involved in making us believe the dead are around us.
Why do you think that?

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

    “What’s wrong with accepting madness?

  • Member
  • 2,520 posts
  • Joined:29 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:A really cold region devoid of stars

  • The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:41 AM

What reason would a spirit have to stick around after death?

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#5    ambelamba

ambelamba

    Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

  • Member
  • 3,296 posts
  • Joined:26 Mar 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Entertainment Capital of the World

  • It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:31 AM

It's just frustrating.

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#6    xFelix

xFelix

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Joined:30 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida

  • Yea I'm Pagan, oh no!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:09 AM

That was a very cool study, there is also a follow up video where they ask the guy what his thoughts were and he seems to have changed his mind.
I'd like to see this repeated, I always find how these readings affect people heart warming.

My posts consist of my opinions, beliefs, and experiences, feel free to disagree in a respectful manner.

I have a right to my beleifs, just as you have a right to not agree with them.

So long as we respect each other's beliefs, we won't have a single problem.


#7    ambelamba

ambelamba

    Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

  • Member
  • 3,296 posts
  • Joined:26 Mar 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Entertainment Capital of the World

  • It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:32 AM

It's kinda hilarious to see a practicing Catholic turns to seance to prove supernatural.

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#8    Beany

Beany

    Poltergeist

  • 2,998 posts
  • Joined:26 Jul 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:California

  • If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:51 AM

Spirits stick around to help us. I sometimes do this kind of work, connecting people to those who have crossed over, and so many times have been privileged to witness a profound love that survives beyond the physical. Someone once said that love has no boundaries of time or space, and I've come to believe that's true. When I work, I just describe what I'm seeing or hearing in my mind, just passing it on, sometimes I'm can hold someone's hand, and pass the information to them directly. While this is happening I see in my mind what the other person is seeing, and can sort of direct or guide them, or ask them questions about what they're seeing. I trust that the information is helpful in someway, and let the rest go. And always, it's up to the person being read to make of it what they will and determine the validity, accuracy, or truth of what's being said or shown.

Sheesh, I feel like I just came out of the closet with this. I guess it resonated with me because I'm getting together in a couple of days with an acquaintance who's asked for my help as a medium, as she's suddenly been over run with spooks. I haven't done it in a while, but it's work I love to do, helping people connect.


#9    xFelix

xFelix

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Joined:30 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida

  • Yea I'm Pagan, oh no!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:14 AM

View PostRon Jeremy, on 16 June 2013 - 04:32 AM, said:

It's kinda hilarious to see a practicing Catholic turns to seance to prove supernatural.

I can understand what you're saying, but at the same time.. People make all sorts of weird choices, some don't even make sense. That's just how the cookie crumbles.

I have seen people say they will not ride in convertible cars because they're dangerous, then turned to see them on a motorcycle.. I just laugh it off and carry on with my day, there choice, there problem :)

My posts consist of my opinions, beliefs, and experiences, feel free to disagree in a respectful manner.

I have a right to my beleifs, just as you have a right to not agree with them.

So long as we respect each other's beliefs, we won't have a single problem.


#10    markdohle

markdohle

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,448 posts
  • Joined:21 May 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Atlanta area

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

View PostMistydawn, on 15 June 2013 - 11:48 PM, said:

That was very interesting Mark, though I am unconvinced that the spiritual body would want to hang around on this plane. I think those involved in the Research seem genuine enough in their stance, but I tend to think that "other" forces may be involved in making us believe the dead are around us.

Yes, we live in a world, where we will never really know, nor are we supposed to, it keeps us searching...

peace
mark


#11    markdohle

markdohle

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,448 posts
  • Joined:21 May 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Atlanta area

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 16 June 2013 - 02:41 AM, said:

What reason would a spirit have to stick around after death?

Perhaps we don't 'go' in the way that we understand.  Jung called this world a world of boxes after he came back from his NDE.

peace
mark


#12    markdohle

markdohle

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,448 posts
  • Joined:21 May 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Atlanta area

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

View PostxFelix, on 16 June 2013 - 04:09 AM, said:

That was a very cool study, there is also a follow up video where they ask the guy what his thoughts were and he seems to have changed his mind.
I'd like to see this repeated, I always find how these readings affect people heart warming.

I believe our belief systems both liberate and keeps us chained.....even though I am a Christian believer, I still have doubts about the afterlife, though my faith persists.

peace
mark

View PostBeany, on 16 June 2013 - 04:51 AM, said:

Spirits stick around to help us. I sometimes do this kind of work, connecting people to those who have crossed over, and so many times have been privileged to witness a profound love that survives beyond the physical. Someone once said that love has no boundaries of time or space, and I've come to believe that's true. When I work, I just describe what I'm seeing or hearing in my mind, just passing it on, sometimes I'm can hold someone's hand, and pass the information to them directly. While this is happening I see in my mind what the other person is seeing, and can sort of direct or guide them, or ask them questions about what they're seeing. I trust that the information is helpful in someway, and let the rest go. And always, it's up to the person being read to make of it what they will and determine the validity, accuracy, or truth of what's being said or shown.

Sheesh, I feel like I just came out of the closet with this. I guess it resonated with me because I'm getting together in a couple of days with an acquaintance who's asked for my help as a medium, as she's suddenly been over run with spooks. I haven't done it in a while, but it's work I love to do, helping people connect.

Thanks for sharing myi friend....I have had a couple experiences iike what you said.

peace
mark


#13    markdohle

markdohle

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,448 posts
  • Joined:21 May 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Atlanta area

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

View PostRon Jeremy, on 16 June 2013 - 04:32 AM, said:

It's kinda hilarious to see a practicing Catholic turns to seance to prove supernatural.

Why would it be strange?  I don't think it proves anything though, but it gets people thinking and it can stretch our beliefs and deepen them.  

peace
mark


#14    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,535 posts
  • Joined:12 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

    Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 16 June 2013 - 02:41 AM, said:

What reason would a spirit have to stick around after death?
It's not that they are sticking around. They never really left in the first place. The other world is not some far off place. It's right here and is not seperate from this world. Only our perceptions are tuned differently. That's what mediums do they simply are tuning to a different channel.

In reality you are connected an one with all of creation. Seperation is an illusion of energy density.

Edited by Seeker79, 16 June 2013 - 02:44 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#15    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • Member
  • 8,591 posts
  • Joined:01 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The sixth circle

  • Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 16 June 2013 - 02:41 AM, said:

What reason would a spirit have to stick around after death?
How else would a conart.. I mean psychic make their money?





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users