Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

How to use body language to get served first

body language bartender served bar drinks

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,061 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

In a busy bar it can often be a struggle to get served a drink as customers compete for the attention of the bartender.

Now scientists have identified the key elements of body language that can increase your chances of being served before everyone else.

http://www.telegraph...t-at-a-bar.html

Posted Image

#2    Aggie

Aggie

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

I think this article is directed at men, cause I don't think us ladies have a problem being seen by the barman....and gentlemen also usually make space for us ladies to reach the counter....at least that's my experience.

No matter what happens....never stop believing in people.....never stop believing in love♥♥

#3    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,217 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

Quote from study

"the tactic they found the most successful was standing squarely facing the bar and starring at the barman following his movements"

Well duh..

Edited by spartan max2, 18 September 2013 - 03:11 PM.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#4    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,682 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

Aggie, on 18 September 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

I think this article is directed at men, cause I don't think us ladies have a problem being seen by the barman....and gentlemen also usually make space for us ladies to reach the counter....at least that's my experience.

Not in our village pub, Aggie. The women come through the doors of the 'Snug' mob-handed and swinging various farm implements wildly about their heads!

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#5    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,548 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

Still Waters, on 18 September 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

In a busy bar it can often be a struggle to get served a drink as customers compete for the attention of the bartender.

Now scientists have identified the key elements of body language that can increase your chances of being served before everyone else.

Hmmmmmmm

I think I'm going back to school to do research like this. I wonder if grant money was used?

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#6    Aggie

Aggie

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

ealdwita, on 18 September 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

Not in our village pub, Aggie. The women come through the doors of the 'Snug' mob-handed and swinging various farm implements wildly about their heads!

ha ha ha   I'd love to see a picture of the 'ladies' in your village!
lol

No matter what happens....never stop believing in people.....never stop believing in love♥♥

#7    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,682 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

Aggie, on 18 September 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

ha ha ha   I'd love to see a picture of the 'ladies' in your village!
lol

Here we are then..... la creme de la creme....... This year's Village May Queen and her Blossom Princess....

Posted Image

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#8    Aggie

Aggie

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

I am laughing so much.....and feeling really guilty about it!!!!

I don't see the farm tools though....lol

#9    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,682 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

Aggie, on 18 September 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

I don't see the farm tools though....lol

You don't carry farm tools on a fashion shoot, fer chrissakes! When did you last see Kate Moss carrying a mucking-out shovel?

Edit to add...Pssst - d'you wanna see the 'glamour' shots?

Edited by ealdwita, 18 September 2013 - 04:10 PM.

#10    Aggie

Aggie

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

ha ha ha ha ha

#11    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,134 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

I could have told them this without their "study". As someone who goes to a lot of bars (but I don't drink anything more than one drink) I find that squaring up, watching the bartenders every move, and making sure you have CASH in your hand and visible gets you served pretty quick. It actually is best if the cash you're showing is small bills so it looks like you have exact change plus tip so they don't have to go back to the register or go find your tab.

Additionally, it can help if you double your tip on the first drink... then standard tip after that.

Edited by MissMelsWell, 22 September 2013 - 05:59 PM.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#12    Mike G

Mike G

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

• Skeptical of the skeptics.

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

Still Waters, on 18 September 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

Yes, use your body... as in just look like a young attractive female and you will get priority service.

Posted Image

#13    Sunny Day

Sunny Day

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

• Learn, wonder, smile...

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:54 AM

I'm small and quiet and have found I had to practically climb the nearest bar stool and really wave to be served. :st  Also ladies, no 'b****y resting face' and be polite, that's my tip.

No tipping here in Australia.  That would drive me batty.

#14    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:27 AM

Making eye contact and smiling at the barman / woman always seems to work for me.

Also tagged with body language, bartender, served, bar, drinks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users