Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Reverse Coding Of The Bible

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    dazdillinjah

dazdillinjah

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

• "We went to explore the Moon & discovered the Earth" Gene Cernan

Posted 17 June 2005 - 03:29 AM

I had this profound thought & was thinking would reverse coding the Bible indicate a possible description of the end of the Earth ???? Im not knocking anyones beliefs just want to think outside the box for a second here.
You know how skeptics believe its impossible that Earth was created in 7 days well what if ... you reversed that, is it conceivable the Earth could end in 7 days.
Its a bit scary but it could be somethin like this ... at the start everything was in place, the 2nd day would see the end for humans, the 3rd day sees the end of birds & sealife, the 4th day sees the end of day & night, the 5th day ends plant life & the seas evaporate, the 6th day sees the destruction of the atmosphere protecting the planet and the 7th day the beginning of darkness as our Sun ceases to exist ????
Just a thought ? what do you think !!!

#2    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,626 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 17 June 2005 - 03:54 AM

Interesting...

Perhaps this is in the wrong section though.  I cannot say much more than "interesting".....

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#3    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

• you want to know the answer? Hell, I'm still working on the question!

Posted 17 June 2005 - 11:33 AM

Interesting possibility, but then we have to figure out if its 7 'real' days, or 7 'god days'.

Any have a pyramid inch ruler handy?

Quote of the Year 2006: HAY! I did more then just say I wanna be ina a man sammich! - SC

You have the right to remain silent.  You might want to think about exercising that right more often

Not Another Moment Lost To Seizures

#4    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

An Inspiration to Millions

• 23,472 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 17 June 2005 - 12:51 PM

So when God 'rested on the seventh day', that refers to where we are now, without God taking an active part in the running of Creation, ...

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#5    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,626 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 17 June 2005 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE(747400 @ Jun 17 2005, 10:51 PM)
So when God 'rested on the seventh day', that refers to where we are now, without God taking an active part in the running of Creation, ...

View Post

Now that IS an interesting hypothesis.  That  the world was created and now God is just resting until He comes again (or a post-modern approach - God has left us to our devices and is not coming back).  Of course this theory has to contend with the Biblical evidence that God has not been resting but has been active throughout the Israelite/Jewish history.  Also it has to contend with the explanation of the "Sabbath Rest" as given in Hebrews 4.

But it is definitely worth looking at in greater detail.

Regards,

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users