Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

woman ordered to wear 'idiot' sign

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#31    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,030 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

while i agree it looks good on her to get singled out for what she did, because yes it was an incredibly stupid thing to do, i wonder at the choice of wording there.
did they check her IQ to see if she is in fact an idiot?
how about making her wear a sign that says just what she did in large letters? let those that read it make up their own minds what she is.

#32    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 2,573 posts

• I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

View PostEldorado, on 06 November 2012 - 09:58 PM, said:

The country has set punishments for offences.  They include imprisonment, fines, community service etc.  Public humiliation of a person, and their family, is not an option in any decent society.

I agree.  You wouldn't even dare punishing someone in a school in such a manner, let alone in a supposedly adult society.

Edited by BlackRedLittleDevil, 08 November 2012 - 08:47 AM.

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#33    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

View PostJGirl, on 07 November 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

i wonder at the choice of wording there.  did they check her IQ to see if she is in fact an idiot?

Your IQ score  does not reflect on whether or not you are an idiot..   If you drive on a side walk  putting more in danger, then you will be branded an idiot by so many, regardless if your IQ  is 180  or 80 ...People who do idiot things will be branded idiots ..

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#34    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,785 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 08 November 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

Your IQ score  does not reflect on whether or not you are an idiot..   If you drive on a side walk  putting more in danger, then you will be branded an idiot by so many, regardless if your IQ  is 180  or 80 ...People who do idiot things will be branded idiots ..

I agree.  She knew what she was doing was wrong, otherwise she would have stopped and waited.  She was too selfish and self-centered.  The whole 'it's all about me' attitude has to stop when they do completely assinane things like this.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#35    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,030 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

i am not arguing how stupid what she did was, first of all.
and after checking i see that idiot is no longer a  term in the IQ definitions, but nevertheless it was there at one time. it was changed (along with others) because people were misusing the words as derogatory name calling (much like in the case posted here)
http://www.iqcompari...m/iqbasics.aspx
(from the site)
Mental deficiency used to be more finely classified using the following technical terms that later began to be abused by the rest of society (5):

IQ Range Classification 70-80 Borderline deficiency 50-69 Moron 20-49 Imbecile below 20 Idiot

Edited by JGirl, 08 November 2012 - 05:40 PM.

#36    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

View PostJGirl, on 08 November 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

i am not arguing how stupid what she did was, first of all.
and after checking i see that idiot is no longer a  term in the IQ definitions, but nevertheless it was there at one time. it was changed (along with others) because people were misusing the words as derogatory name calling (much like in the case posted here)
http://www.iqcompari...m/iqbasics.aspx
(from the site)
Mental deficiency used to be more finely classified using the following technical terms that later began to be abused by the rest of society (5):

IQ Range Classification 70-80 Borderline deficiency 50-69 Moron 20-49 Imbecile below 20 Idiot

Interesting IQ site...  My IQ is 136.. although  another IQ test gave me 138..but normally is is lower at 136.. .BUT  I have done idiot things and sometimes still do ..But never anything that is reckless  and puts anyone in danger.

I will tell you what is really useful for boosting your IQ.. On my kids  Nintendo DS there is a game called - Brain Academy   ( Brain training exercises )..It helps you think faster when solving puzzles and math equations ..It is really worth trying.. you can get hooked easy..Its for kids and adults..It allows you to pick a level.. From I have played it, I find my ability to solve math problems and other puzzles  go a lot faster  ...It is also very helpful for improving your memory skills

On topic....I wonder  if now after she has worn that sign.. has it taught her anything?

#37    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,030 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 08 November 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

Interesting IQ site...  My IQ is 136.. although  another IQ test gave me 138..but normally is is lower at 136.. .BUT  I have done idiot things and sometimes still do ..But never anything that is reckless  and puts anyone in danger.

I will tell you what is really useful for boosting your IQ.. On my kids  Nintendo DS there is a game called - Brain Academy   ( Brain training exercises )..It helps you think faster when solving puzzles and math equations ..It is really worth trying.. you can get hooked easy..Its for kids and adults..It allows you to pick a level.. From I have played it, I find my ability to solve math problems and other puzzles  go a lot faster  ...It is also very helpful for improving your memory skills

On topic....I wonder  if now after she has worn that sign.. has it taught her anything?
i thought mine was pretty good at 127 lol
as for the fluctuation in your score, you could've been more on your game one time than another.

#38    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,971 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

I presume this person had a full qualified driving licence and was not under drug or drink influence,therefore she knew that what she was doing was wrong,yet she chose to do it, which is premeditated so she should face the consequenses,which is either a ban for dangerous driving,driving without due care and attention,possible  endangerment of lives or property,but it seems that all these options were bypassed infavour of an "idiot" sign,in which case the Judge broke the law by allowing this,and I guess she could sue for defamation of character,and causing undue stress and anxiety.The LAW was broken on both sides.which means that the Judge was no less an idiot for giving this verdict,and his licence should be revoked.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#39    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

View PostJGirl, on 08 November 2012 - 09:26 PM, said:

i thought mine was pretty good at 127 lol

It is better than good.. According to that site you posted, over 120 is superior intelligence..

#40    mfrmboy

mfrmboy

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

• Beam Moo Up!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 06 November 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

I sort of have to agree, humiliation isn't going to deter anyone from doing it, as noone else is stupid enough to endanger children like that.
Sending her to gaol is a waste of tax payer money. A fine would be "meh" and paid off. I'd have given her community service as a school bus driver :D
Maybe cleaning school buses or something along those lines. I would'nt want her driving any kids period....She is an IDIOT. Also should have hefty fine, License suspended until completing driving school.

One man's TOOL is another man's TOY ! :tu:

#41    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,785 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

I would have made her go to the morgue and see what happens to bodies hit by vehicles. Maybe then she would get it through her head what she did was really dangerous.  There was a truck stopped waiting for the bus and she drove around that.  Was there not another route she could have taken?  Even her lawyer would not repeat what her excuse was when asked.  She is an idiot and what is wrong with making sure SHE knows it?

Edited by glorybebe, 09 November 2012 - 04:07 PM.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#42    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Poltergeist

• 2,462 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 09 November 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

I would have made her go to the morgue and see what happens to bodies hit by vehicles. Maybe then she would get it through her head what she did was really dangerous.  There was a truck stopped waiting for the bus and she drove around that.  Was there not another route she could have taken?  Even her lawyer would not repeat what her excuse was when asked.  She is an idiot and what is wrong with making sure SHE knows it?

Because of the eight amendment.

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious
conviction." - Blaise Pascal

#43    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

She has the "me me me" syndrome.

The only thing that will stop this person is hitting someone.

And then only because she is hopefully behind bars.

#44    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

Have you all seen the videos of her doing it ,EVERY SINGLE DAY .They set up a sting to nail her,because she did it ,every day .
Not even police cars or ambulances drive up on the sidewalk,unless its an absolute emergency . if there was a school bus,where its illegal to pass AT ALL ,when kids are getting on or off ,not even an emergency vehicle would pass.
Instead of finding a route that didnt irritate her,she drove around the bus,onto the sidewalk,where kids could be ,EVERY SINGLE DAY .
Anyone here have kids ? Nieces ,god kids. Would you want this idiot driving near their school bus ? Ever ?.....in my opinion,she's an absolute moron ,and should be made to wear the sign ,and cross kids at school crossings,for a year .
As well as fined. I dont think the  judge  was out of line,at all.

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 10 November 2012 - 09:19 AM.

Miss me?

#45    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

Exactly .This is why we have the expression ; STUPID IDIOT ,which takes iq into acct . ~_^

Miss me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users