Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

THe R&B/Neo Soul Thread

The Roswell Man

please feel free too past about ure musical taste in the R&B/neo soul world here. original.gifthumbsup.gifcool.gif

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Roswell Man

• Super Pancake

• greychupa

• nou

Hummm...Im not into RnB, but whats neo soul ? I know soul music, ofcourse, but whats neo soul ?

modern take on soul

like donnel jones

Bell Biv DeVoe, Boys to Men, Aliyah, Faith Evans, Alisha Keys, SWV, All 4 One, are a list of my taste in RnB and soul music.

my favorite is Alicia Keys and Faith is my favorite among the females

male artist I would say Bell Biv DeVoe keep it real, Prince (some of his songs) and the man Marvin Gaye. "Lets get it on"

i like 'i heard it thru the grapevine'

quality trac yes.gifyes.gif

Yeah that track is just coooool, I wish Marvin Gaye was alive and well still doing his thing!

another trac i cant get out of my head at the mo is one thing by amerie

shes a pretty thing tho wub.gif

Amerie is alright the only song I liked was her first single "Why don't we fall in love."

• 2 weeks later...

hi luv rnb feel free to check out my community forum on rnb...thas where we share discussion and share the latast release..

• 3 weeks later...

Sad day yesterday for R&B Luther Vandross passed away... yesterday was a sad day.

I did not really hear a lot of his songs but I hear he was good and influenced a lot of todays R&B.

Sad day yesterday for R&B  Luther Vandross passed away... yesterday was a sad day.

710821[/snapback]

OMG are you serious. That dance with my father song is the greatest ever. I am so upset. He was truly talented. crying.gif

RnB?

Now correct me if I am wrong but didn't that used to mean Rhythm and Blues?

The RnB of today bears little in relation and 'Rubbish and b******s' would be a more appropriate way to describe it.

To liken the likes of Soul greats such as Luther Vandross to 'RnB' is an insult to the man. His music wasn't my cup of tea, but I could see it's appeal.

The RnB of today is quite simply the worst brand of music to have appeared in the 33 years of my life (in my opinion), and cannot be even mentioned in the same breath as the RnB in it's true sense, and certainly has no right to be described as the same brand of music as that performed by Vandross and Marvin Gaye.

Edited by DespondentDave