Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

I'm So Scared/Worried Of Death

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1    Vanchatron

Vanchatron

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:24 PM

I've been thinking of death a lot recently, and I'm so scared of it that it's just playing on my mind constantly.  I'm not scared of the REASON I'll die, be it through old age, sickness, or what have you.  I'm scared of what will become of me AFTER I die.  I'm scared & worried because the worst possible thing I can think of to happen to me is that after I die, I'll cease to exist completely and there will be no afterlife whatsoever.  I really can't think of anything worse than just dying and then that's it, all over, and my whole existence was meaningless.  All of the things I'll have achieved in life will mean absolutely nothing, if when I die there's no afterlife.

A lot of people believe in the afterlife & ghosts etc, but at the end of the day we have no proof that after you die you still live on somehow.  This is one of the reasons I'm so scared.

If I knew for a fact that once I died, I still lived on perhaps in the spirit world or in some sort of afterlife, I wouldn't fear death in the slightest, because I'd know that when I die, it's NOT all over.  There's some people that believe we are all made up of masses of energy and energy can not be destroyed, therefore once you die, your energy still lives on.  This of course is better than nothing, but I can't imagine you'd have any thoughts, memories or any form of consciousness whatsoever if you just became a ball of energy once you die.  So I guess, this would probably be near enough the same type of thing as dying and not living on after death.

People talk about ghosts, the shadow world/realm, etc and I try to believe in it as much as possible so that I can convince myself that when I die, I still exist.

I come on this forum constantly in order to make myself feel better about the fact that once you die, you DO live on and you don't just cease to exist completely, but like I said, at the end of the day there's no proof.  The only thing that's certain regarding all this, is you DO die, there's no avoiding that.

I don't really know what I want from this thread to be honest; perhaps I was just hoping that people would comment about not just ceasing to exist once you die, in the hopes that I'd feel better about death and what will become of me.

In any case, I'd like to hear what people think about this type of thing in general and perhaps I'll feel a little better after reading some replies.

Thanks.

#2    ChloeB

ChloeB

Government Agent

• 4,163 posts

• ďSimplicity is the ultimate sophistication.Ē ó Leonardo da Vinci

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:16 AM

Vanchatron, on 01 August 2010 - 11:24 PM, said:

I've been thinking of death a lot recently, and I'm so scared of it that it's just playing on my mind constantly.  I'm not scared of the REASON I'll die, be it through old age, sickness, or what have you.  I'm scared of what will become of me AFTER I die.  I'm scared & worried because the worst possible thing I can think of to happen to me is that after I die, I'll cease to exist completely and there will be no afterlife whatsoever.  I really can't think of anything worse than just dying and then that's it, all over, and my whole existence was meaningless.  All of the things I'll have achieved in life will mean absolutely nothing, if when I die there's no afterlife.

A lot of people believe in the afterlife & ghosts etc, but at the end of the day we have no proof that after you die you still live on somehow.  This is one of the reasons I'm so scared.

If I knew for a fact that once I died, I still lived on perhaps in the spirit world or in some sort of afterlife, I wouldn't fear death in the slightest, because I'd know that when I die, it's NOT all over.  There's some people that believe we are all made up of masses of energy and energy can not be destroyed, therefore once you die, your energy still lives on.  This of course is better than nothing, but I can't imagine you'd have any thoughts, memories or any form of consciousness whatsoever if you just became a ball of energy once you die.  So I guess, this would probably be near enough the same type of thing as dying and not living on after death.

People talk about ghosts, the shadow world/realm, etc and I try to believe in it as much as possible so that I can convince myself that when I die, I still exist.

I come on this forum constantly in order to make myself feel better about the fact that once you die, you DO live on and you don't just cease to exist completely, but like I said, at the end of the day there's no proof.  The only thing that's certain regarding all this, is you DO die, there's no avoiding that.

I don't really know what I want from this thread to be honest; perhaps I was just hoping that people would comment about not just ceasing to exist once you die, in the hopes that I'd feel better about death and what will become of me.

In any case, I'd like to hear what people think about this type of thing in general and perhaps I'll feel a little better after reading some replies.

Thanks.

I have this childhood memory, one of those things that just stays with you forever.  It was the day I thought to question this.  I was really small and I asked my grandmother if I'd never die if I didn't get sick, in my little kid brain, that's how I thought it worked - you only died if you got sick or killed, and she told me, no, that we all die some time.  I was horrified, couldn't stand to see any mention of death on television, would close my eyes as we'd drive past a cemetery, tried to block it out of my mind at night when I would try to go sleep and it would start popping in my head.  No one here is going to be able to tell you anything that's going to give you any guarantees, we just don't know.  People have beliefs what happens after we die, but we won't know until after we die what awaits us.  But one of the best things I've heard someone say, and it was on this forum by our Mr Walker, was that it wasn't that bad for us before we were born so how bad should we expect it to be after.  I think that's something close to what he said.  And I found that kind of comforting for some reason.  But all you can really do is live your life for all you can while you have the opportunity and letting this eat way at you won't help you out in that, though it's hard not to think about.  But I think it's a very common fear, at least you are admitting up to it, and that's a step in facing it.  All we can really know is how we live on after we're gone is what we've left behind, our little mark on this world, how we've chosen to do that and the effect on those we've left behind.

Edited by ChloeB, 02 August 2010 - 12:16 AM.

ďYou've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.Ē
― William W. Purkey

#3    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 39,237 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:21 AM

Good question. When I was young I was brought up to believe in heaven and hell, and when we die we go to heaven where our loved ones will be waiting for us and we'll all meet up and never be lonely.

Now I'm older, I just think no - there is nothing after death. I really wish I could believe there was, I've lost so many members of my family and it's hard for me to think that I'll never see them again.

After saying that, I've heard so many stories of people seeing ghosts, including a close friend of mine who's mother appeared to him after she died and I have no reason to doubt him. A lot of people claim to be in touch with spirits etc..I don't know what that is like for them as I've never experienced anything like that. I almost wish something like that would happen to me and then I would know there was something to follow, although it still wouldn't be clear in what way.

I guess no-one can tell you/us if there is life after death, it's something we have to find out for ourselves when our time comes. I do feel what we believe plays an important part as it can stop us from being scared, but everyone is different and what matters to one person, doesn't matter to another person. We each have to find our own way of dealing with death and what happens afterwards.

I try not to think about death, I've seen too much of it already, and worry more about those who I'll leave behind when I'm gone. I just hope when my time comes, it will be quick.

I hope you find what you're looking for Vanchatron, but to be honest I think peace of mind can only be found inside your own head.

Posted Image

#4    Furnacewhelp

Furnacewhelp

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:35 AM

Think of it like this, if there is no life after death either through heaven, reincarnation, nirvana, etc. You won't exist anymore to care that there is no afterlife.

#5    lookingfortruth

lookingfortruth

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:57 AM

If you don't think there's anything else, think of what it was like before you were born. Was that so bad? And personally, I believe whatever you think will happen after you die is what's going to happen

#6    Mike D boy

Mike D boy

...from the Desert...

• 2,566 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:36 AM

Nobody looks forward to die, at least when we are still young, energetic and active in our pursuits to accomplish our goals in our natural life span. For agnostics (like me), we're unsure what will happen to us after we die: heaven, hell, limbo, another dimension, our souls still roam the earth...or darkness like REM sleep for eternity? Each of us are religious to ease ourselves about moral dilemmas, decide on what stand to take on controversial issues of the day and the belief on the "Afterlife": reward (if you are good and righteous), punishment (for sins and evil deeds) or vast emptiness (that one image scares us the most). Life is valuable and precious not to end, but learning to deal with death will come in a point of our lives...we are not immortal and the best we can do is live every day not "it's our last" but to live every day like it was the best day ever.

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

#7    Vanchatron

Vanchatron

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:48 AM

Thanks guys, it's comforting to know that there are people who are able to relate to what I'm talking about.

I appreciate it.

#8    thewild

thewild

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• Y HELLO THAR

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:02 AM

Vanchatron, you are not alone. Coping with the reality of death is something everyone ponders. I don't know how old you are but it sounds like you are fairly young. You have a long life ahead of you, you will have experiences that will help you gain insight on our short time in this existance. For me, I know there is an afterlife. I have experiences that came about when I wasn't expecting it. If you want to hear about them please feel free to ask. It has made me unafraid for myself, my children, anyone who will eventually cross over and for those who have before. Don't be scared :)

Posted Image

#9    Roy Perry

Roy Perry

Psychic Spy

• 1,125 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:13 AM

God first

thanks Vanchatron

the Egyptian there book called "Book of the Dead" you can find in

http://www.sacred-te.../ebod/index.htm

it a little long but prepared a person for their death

even if death is 100 years away

getting the mind right is a big step to take

because fear will do you no good

with love and a holy kiss Roy

I been trying to write on it but my view are little odd

God first
Dying with Godís Blessing on you!
06-30-2010--07-14-2010
Preface!
This book is how to die with respect for life itself and God and death itself this will help prepared for death even if your, afraid of it. Death does have be you fear but can a real peaceful time. Death can be a special day when you get the honor to die well but also a time of fear.

Death can be time remembering the joy you enjoyed in your life, that about to be over but give some thought. It also can be a time to say good-bye, to all that you love.  So make this special for all your love oneís because know that you will rise.

Most people fear this day is the last you will ever be here so do get anyone upset because hard on them. I not telling you have believe like I do but at least donít this worse than it has to be. But a believe in a God cannot harm you now and maybe I am right.

Now this book may not do a thing for you but it might help your love ones. Being prepared that everyone dies is a big step that everyone has to take. Because does matter if believe in life after death or you not. Everybody has to face this day.

The most could hope that they die peaceful and they is another step in life many mysteries of life and there a life after death. While I believe there is more to this life by the stories of God and Jesus Christ and there truth. I am written this book to prepare for a life after your moral life of flesh is over.

I thank Jesus Christ for leading me into the path of righteousness and truth I also thank everyone for the time to read this book. I give special thanks Grease Spot Cafť for letting me post work from my heart.

Chapter 1

The search to find, out if there is really a God.

Everyman that is alive wonders if there really is a God even if he calls himself an Atheist, but he thinks himself a Christian he believes in God. He cries out to a God that seems far from him but he almost given up he hears Godís voice of love calling out of darkles. Maybe it because he has never up on there being a God but hears somehow.

He found God but what does he do about it this voice sounds so near but he calls myself hearing his own thought. He questions himself over and over. He runs the thought over and over in his mind. He wants to believe he really heard it but he does know.

He open a bible and finds that he was wrote by Prince James who is later called King James which takes credit for making the book possible. After must study he find that King James was a foolish king that took credit where he had no right.    

So he begin to look deeper and he found more books that were with the holy that give him a love for God that he proved that ever live. He read more books that seem follower the bible step by step. Until I found others books that seem to teach nothing about God at all.

I kept on reading because these books have my attention seem to grow, they seem to be of life and what it is to a human being. They taught many part that I needed to understand why I am here the first place. I learn why there was God and what life all about and why I had to die.

To put the puzzle, maze, board, book, chart, or ever name you give to life mysteries of life and death. The greatest is above to be revealed for every mortal human of flesh and bone. Death is a stage everybody has to live with just like life after death is just a stage we all will enjoy.

We witness the birth of a child with joy and thankfulness why donít a death in same way as we witness a new birth. So what we can talk the one who move that does mean they didnít rise up from their dead body. Christ changed from flesh body to a spiritual body that no mortal can handle.

Chapter 2

The magic of life and death!

The illusion that Magician is not plays on stage is not real it is only a trick but there real magic that no one say a word about. The magic of speech we understand why able to talk can anyone tell why we are able too. The magic of life itself, and why its oxygen is what gives us life and what the magic of death?

Can any one tell why a dog is a dog or why I am a human and why I am greater than dogs yes you can I have a mind greater than a dog? As you discover the possible of life you find that above life or death. To believe is a word moves pass every word because must believe to any faith, death, birth or anything.

To have faith you must believe and to have unbelief you must believe you see kind of puzzle you uncover. Death does not even come until there believing, nor is their even creation nothing comes without believing. The magic of believing is more than any like the magic of God because without magic would be nothing unless he behind this magic.

Is God the very magic that the world turn is the wheel of magic changes from birth to death to life after death?  Why did God made one stage if, there not more? Life is full of lesson that has to go through and joy comes by overcoming these lessons.

The magic comes with overcoming the lesson of every moment of life can only be live by believing we will overcome.  Death comes the same way as we believe we will overcome we have success just life after life.        

Chapter 3
Is doubt ok it is not a sin?

Lets a hard look at doubt something will confess that they have while a not sin to doubt but in everything it as normal as believing.  It takes the believing to doubt as it does to believe in a God to doubt God ever done anything. But we will get honest with our self for one minute.

You can never overcome doubt in life, all you can do is get used to it because it will be with you die because the way is to die. All your life you deal with doubt until you die. One can say they have no doubt but whom you fooling no one your self.

To understand doubt one must understand how moral mind works, the human minds by understanding is battle between good and evil. We understand what good by understand what evil and we understand evil by the good we witness.  It seems like another puzzler to solve.

If itís a puzzler that can solve why do even bring up in at all and how unbelief be against Godís plan. If God knows we cannot help from having doubt and we can never come it why there any need. The goal is not the overcoming but the effect you put trying to overcome.

The joy you get from trying to win the contest to win gold at end of the day to believe everything is against you. To die on cross like Jesus Christ more than two thousand years ago and have believing rise from your death. That is a puzzle or a mystery that need uncovering.

Chapter 4      
The Hope I have to rise, from my fleshly death.

I have this hope because I know the stories told about Jesus Christ and I believe them all but I still have doubt. I want to say I have no doubt but I be lying to myself and that just as wrong to lie than anything other. Shall I lie because donít known how can have no doubt?

No lie is not revealed to God or hiding from God so I can lie. Then Jesus Christ is my only hope because can my unbelief which can give the hope I need. If this the answer why I feel guile for being good enough not to need help?

If I did not feel guile I never learn the lesson of the moment, which my but big key that I even see it some donít even see the lesson. It is a sin to miss the sin because we are human we more than we will ever know. But God understands our weakness and because of Jesus Christ he forgives us.

Hope is what gives the strength to go on when seems hopeless when thing is coming against us and we can find way out. While our love ones help us in an hour of endless pain and as we fight to live it give us strength to fight another day. While some might not know what to call this hope it still here.    

Whether you call this hope it real or donít it real something gives you this hope and strength in hour we need it. This hope is in the name of Jesus Christ the hope with glory for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Chapter 5
They say I will get up but I known?

I have some doubt that makes me want to be afraid of what might happen before the night is over? While I try to believe but there way get pass my human side my doubt. The truth in me wants to believe in a God that greater than life itself.

What is life itself but the human to live by fighting against life itself to back what the human should be? A mortal fleshly being but a spirit being is without moral decides.  They are selfless of greed, and want, and drunkenness but a spiritual being is one of given without greed but one of love with sound mind.

A mortal decides his greed to take as he wants and his drunkenness is in his eyes but spiritual man, seem only love in his fellow man. A mortal is of fleshly blood while a spiritual of believe in the blood of Christ. One is by tried and error and the other one is by believe and trust.

Some might want to say they believe in Christ but they can say they believe in love by believing and trust in life itself. Whether you believe in God it means nothing because you believe in possible of things not seem with mortal eyes. Is love seemed by mortal eye can it be seen with science?

What is love but an emotion that cannot seem by human eye or even the spiritual eye that has open out of his flesh? But at the man death he comes out his flesh to decay or be more than he was. To be more than he was is be a being of unknown anything.

Because there not must wrote about the next stage of life it does not there not one or there is one. Whether you believe in God with unnatural powers of love or you think, those unnatural are not done by God of control? Whether there is a super natural bigger than I could ever dream of but it here.

I have no control over your person belief nor do I to control what you believe please believe as you say so. Some are crying that you believe their way they are fools because no one can change your mind. You have every right made your mind yourself.

Chapter 6
Life is no fairly tale.

For every after is just the end of a story because is anything but a happen ending unless you believe there more what we see. Life is battle to survive in a day-by-day battle to stay alive in the darkest monuments of life. Life is no picnic as we fight to stay alive.

A good ending is just in stories unless is more to life than living it unless there life after we die because everyone dies. Now if believe in there more than I am, is that believing in God of super powers who creative me? The answer is yes and no because God is more than things, God creative everything or bought everything into being here.

If I say I believe in something but I donít in a God makes me believe the in story of creation and my money a Church. But God teaches us to follower his example of love by helping one another and a vain church. While not all churches are vain and greedily some are.

It our God given right to test all churches but it God tells us the measurement to measure them by. Whether theyíre any love, joy, peace, and others behind the face of want or just greed but do judge to hard. People are a human being so we have the same shortcoming as they have.

So I ask you does life have a happening ending anytime or is more unknown as part of the picture of life? While I do believe in God you do not have too but do not go church at this monument of my life. But that does mean I would not go if I found one I like but because I not one I like does mean nothing.

Chapter 7        
Life is a never-ending mystery to discover God!

What is God and who is God and why we have to die to even see God? Without death we cannot even know God because God more than our minds could ever understand or ever make up but the only thing we have is a mirror of what God might look like. This never-ending mystery makes us search everywhere?

We look in books wrote about God no matter how devilish they sound to us whether a king took credit for them or a atheists. No matter who wrote them we read because we would like discovering the truth. We read a lot of book so we can learn what we would like too learn.

We were born with a desire to explorer they call our desire to find out what is in something when open everything in sight when are only two years old. We had this desire before but now we can walk our self and look our self. While this a normal desire want to stop for our safely.

We have learn that everything is not safe, just to look and see because some things are hotter than, we want to handle or other reason we have learn from others. This is our try in learn plus read about things we want to know about. We explore this life until we explore our death and what might be on the other side.

I do not you to be afraid of death like it something that you cannot over come but death is nothing more a stage of life. It no more than your sixteen birthday when can drive a car or twenty-first birthday when you can drink. It the day you move from fleshly life kind to a spirit life kind.

The day you break out of the egg of flesh and die to the flesh only to live spiritual kind forever more without an end. Jesus Christ yells in joy for you on this blesses day of your new life because you rose too.    

Chapter 8
Conceived means conceive not born!

Conceive in the spirit has falsely translated born again when should conceive again or conceive from above which be a better translation of the word. We find Jesus Christ planting seeds in gospels not giving birth. The word born can be translated conceive as must as can be any other word.

One would think a person is conceive before its birth comes so is this a matter of poor translation of a word. One would think if a person has to die with Christ that would to be conceiving in Christ so the person can rise again. But a person was never conceiving how could person ever get up.

If a person was conceive from above that same person would not die but that person would move from death to the next stage of life. Otherwise from life to death to immortality where a person cannot ever die. That is why we cover conceiving a word that can change everything.

One word can change anything that why books should in language they were written in so this never happens again. But if this cannot be done look up the meaning of words as you read because words change over time.

So conceive from above is correct meaning and not born again we have learn something new here. A person must be conceiving from above to break out of the fleshly egg and by this death a person overcomes their life of flesh to live spiritual outside the egg.

Chapter 9
Judgment or just another stage of being here!

We are into the immoral cosmic consciousness the stage of life we have not witness yet but were conceive to witness as a life above life. To die conceive in vain or to live as witnesses of eternal life. There are two choices live for good the best you can or live for evil the best you can.

The good person will always try to help you without getting anything for it but evil will look like he helping you. The good person can be honest with you even if he makes a mistake but the evil person will be lying even if you caught him in a lie he try lie his way out. The only you can tell the different ask God for wisdom.

The moral man will not see true hope for life after death but the immoral person can only see the hope he has to change. Man is made of three things the body that goes back dust and the soul makes you able to breath that dies and spirit that is in the image of God. The spirit is immoral cosmic consciousness of eternal life.

The judgment of brings death but the hope the other one brings life immoral cosmic consciousness of eternal life. The evil heart sows death while the good heart sows eternal life. Your life style is your sowed in your heart because than words it a life style of love over one of hate.

It does not matter which believe you have or even you do know of God at all because your life style that makes the different. If you love your human moral of any gender and any race and any believe system as your self. What more can one do but live love with your whole heart?

Chapter 10  
The last step you take as a human?

Your death has come on a day that your ready for or your not how could get ready for this day. Most people are not ready for this to come you might be young or you might me old but most are afraid of this day. You pray to God or you fight for more knowing you can fight long.

It is said this day will come like thief in the night on a day where most are ready but wise man will watch and be ready. In a twinkling of an eye Christ will appear and then this moral will change from moral man to spiritual terrestrial body. This human will have changed to one who life eternal or death eternal.

Today is your death one of many returns of Christ in the same he left over two thousand years until the final return of Christ for this earth. Life must move forward on other earth and worlds and it must be recreated here. Everything must be born over and over, again and again.

This ball of dust will live again as somebody new but it not to be you because was only one you nor can be any more you. You either with Christ living eternal life or you had died that very day you rose. You either cheer for joy or you can do nothing.

Chapter 11
Feeling it not a wasted of time is a normal feeling!

To see life as wasted of time is a normal feeling we have from time to time but the key is to find something to for life? Life is no more than a stage that we travel through, with ups and downs is just a part of life. The life we live depends on whether there anything after it as we all pray for.

This is not test we have to do but something to have us overcome and not a block in our path to changes our live power to live, without holding us back. Nothing is going stop us from having finding what the other side of life. Not God, Christ, past beliefs, or anything can stop us from find out is there something after death.

I bet you were not ready to hear me say that but it not true nothing can stop from searching what beyond death.  Life is until we die that the way we were form from the dust of the dirt. Until we return to the very dust that form us in the beginning the dust of the blood that created us.

Why I have this feeling of it a wasted and I want to party until the end here while I am young and while am old a feeling of my love one? What is it that makes me go on in this world? The will to live everybody has this it nothing new.

I may know how man body works and a lot about this world but I know nothing about how many there are. I might even know why we changed in stages but I know about the word other what I image in my mind. If men was made of the same as everything other why moving to another stage.

I do not care who you are in the end you will want more as you ask someone for help that you might believe in. Life is got more in it that could ever list anywhere on the Internet or even Billions of Internets. I love you my friend stay well.

Chapter 12

this is far as I got

#10    Vanchatron

Vanchatron

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:44 AM

thewild, on 02 August 2010 - 02:02 AM, said:

Vanchatron, you are not alone. Coping with the reality of death is something everyone ponders. I don't know how old you are but it sounds like you are fairly young. You have a long life ahead of you, you will have experiences that will help you gain insight on our short time in this existance. For me, I know there is an afterlife. I have experiences that came about when I wasn't expecting it. If you want to hear about them please feel free to ask. It has made me unafraid for myself, my children, anyone who will eventually cross over and for those who have before. Don't be scared :)

I'm 22 years old.  I would like to know about your experiences if that's OK with you.  You can of course share them with me via Private Message if you're not comfortable posting it for everybody to see.

I'd appreciate it :)

Roy Perry, on 02 August 2010 - 02:13 AM, said:

God first

thanks Vanchatron

the Egyptian there book called "Book of the Dead" you can find in

http://www.sacred-te.../ebod/index.htm

it a little long but prepared a person for their death

even if death is 100 years away

getting the mind right is a big step to take

because fear will do you no good

with love and a holy kiss Roy

I been trying to write on it but my view are little odd

Thank you, I'll definitely read through that.

#11    tlsmith1138

tlsmith1138

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:40 PM

Vanchatron, on 01 August 2010 - 11:24 PM, said:

Thanks.

It's a shame that those of us who know it doesn't end, can't convince those who don't know it. It's not a religious thing or a near death thing. You just have to experience it and accept it.

#12    Vanchatron

Vanchatron

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:00 PM

tlsmith1138, on 02 August 2010 - 07:40 PM, said:

It's a shame that those of us who know it doesn't end, can't convince those who don't know it. It's not a religious thing or a near death thing. You just have to experience it and accept it.

But HOW do you know it doesn't end?  Maybe if you tried explaining as best you can, it'd give us guys a little bit of comfort, even if we can't relate 100% to what you're saying :)

#13    Halfwolf

Halfwolf

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 357 posts

• The smallest of good deeds is greater than the best of intentions. Anonymous

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:56 PM

As a Cancer Survivor I can say with complete honesty, I am not afraid to die. I don't want to anytime soon, I have Grandchildren I would like to see grow. If you live in fear of Death you will forget to really live.

#14    norwood1026

norwood1026

Government Agent

• 4,295 posts

• I've found a more personal, pagan kind of religion to satisfy the spiritual side of things.
    Julian Clary

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:15 PM

I'll be honest as I can here.  In the end none of us TRULY know whats going to happen when we did.  Christians claim to know the truth & they MIGHT be right.  Bit like anything in this world they might be wrong, hell all of us might be wrong we won't know untill it's over.  I personally believe I'll have a choice of coming back & living & loving in another life, or I can stay & rest & see those who I have lost along my walk in this life.

Just my thoughts. :tu:

What is sweeter then mead? Intimate  conversation
WHat is blacker then the Raven?     Death
What is whiter then snow?  Truth.
What is swifter then the wind?   Thought.
What is sharper then the sword?  Understanding.

#15    Wyrdlight

Wyrdlight

Psychic Spy

• 1,093 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:24 PM

I dont believ in any form of life after death and i am not afraid of it.

"Without life after death, life is meaningless" - this is a silly statement, its like saying "without eating a second doughnut, the first one i ate will, in hindsight taste aweful and not fulfil my hunger" it makes no sense.

Life does have a purpose, you do your best, you love, you hate, you swear, you lie, you fight, you fail, fall over and get knocked down, you cry and get beaten but you stand up again, you have children, you make memories, you change things, you leave impressions, you leave the world a slightly better place then when you lived.  That IS life, its horrible and wonderful and scary and brilliant.

There are Three Rules in Life.

1. People Die.
2. Life is not fair.
3. Docters cant change rule 1.

If you live for NOW, make your lifes mission to make people smile, plant the seeds of future stories and improve the lives of those around you then you have lived a life worth living.

And you wont die, you will live on in the memories of your friends, your children.  Your image will smile out of video-clips and faded photo's, your likeness and traits in genes of your decendants.
When your body is gone, all that you are will break down, and go into the earth, the air and the water and thus be part of the lives of all those who will inhabit the Earth after you are gone.

So, after life or not, you never truly die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users