Photo

Current Events

Posted by Xanthurion2 , 21 December 2012 · 672 views

2012 school fiscal cliff stuff music
Ahhh...where do I even start? How does one begin to rant on things? I guess I'll start with the easiest and the least sensitive: Music. Today's music sucks. I believe it has been on a downhill crash since the late if not early 90s. Good new music has simply ceased to exist. Every now and then, a decent song or maybe even band will appear making us wonder if this will be the start of something good and then it disappears into obscurity making way for the autotuned mindless crap people are calling music these days. This is why I wish to start a band that focuses on giving the world a auditory slap in the face with good music. The problem is starting a band is really hard. Especially when you have no money. Which brings me to my next topic.

The economy. Currently the US economy is in the worst condition since the Great Depression. Which is pretty bad. Prices of everything is way too high leaving the poor people without a few things like food, electricity, gas, shelter, jobs, and most importantly money. There are people who sacrifice things like electronics for food and there are others who do the opposite. Those people are idiots but I won't get into humanity's intelligence or lack thereof. President Obama says he has a plan to reduce the national deficit and all that good stuff. This plan is what it always is, increase taxes! More specifically, reduce taxes for the middle class! Because that makes sense, tax the people that have a hard time paying it when they could increase taxes for the people that actually can spare the money. On a sidenote, I am already getting tired of hearing the phrase "fiscal cliff." On a good note, the wars are almost over and the soldiers are coming home. Good timing too because they will have to help us fight the invaders and/or zombies.

The end of the world. That is a phrase that gets tossed around way too often. And not once has it ever happened. Obviously. Anyway, they say the Mayans "predicted" the apocalypse and it was to occur on December 21, 2012. First of all, the only thing the Mayans did was make a really long calendar that just so happens to end on this day. I could be wrong, but from what I understand, the Mayans didn't predict the end of the world. They don't even believe in a true "end" per-se. It's more of an ending to a cycle and the beginning of a new one. But if the end does happen, I hope it's something fun like zombies or sharks growing legs or something. But it's not going to happen. And I hope no one does something stupid thinking it really is the end.

Now my thoughts on something that should have never happened. The recent events in Newtown, Connecticut. I wish I could still say I have never heard of Sandy Hook Elementary but sadly I can not. The atrocious act of violence that was perpetrated there has effected me a lot as I'm sure it has for many people. I can't even begin to imagine what the families of the victims are going through. The pain they are in must be unbearable. I still can't understand what could possibly drive someone to do something like that, even a mentally unstable person. What that b****** did should never even cross a person's mind. I fully support the governments plans for action on gun control. I don't think they should ban guns altogether but a few more restrictions would have some effect, I believe. I also think they should have free mental healthcare or something. At least one free session for everybody. Maybe make it a requirement or something. Anyway, something has to be done to prevent things like this from ever happening again. Also I find it very strange that almost the same thing occured in China on the same day I believe. The difference is this man had a knife and no one was killed. I don't think I will ever be able to understand what was going through these monsters heads and I hope I never do.

I guess that is all. Thank you for reading if you did. I just felt like getting some things off my chest. That's what blogging is for, right? I wish I could tell you that none of my future blogs will be sad or depressing but with the way the world and my life is right now, that's something I just can't promise. I am now an hour and nine minutes into the 21st and nothing has happened.

StarMountainKid
Dec 21 2012 03:28 PM
I agree with what you say except for the free mental health test for everybody. Giving authority to psychiatrists would be a disaster for mankind. It would only benefit the psychiatrists and drug companies.

I think rants are beneficial to the ranter and to the reader. We don't complain enough when we're comfortable. Sometimes it takes a person with little comfort to speak the truth.

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Categories

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    White Crane Feather
    Yesterday, 07:21 PM
  • Photo
    CuriousRey
    26 Sep 2014 - 22:27