Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

The EU is on the blitz against Eurosceptics.

propaganda.

  • Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#16    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Joined:21 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Not disclosed

  • "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

EU is simply trash union... i will explain but i have to go out, i'll just say it was EU who brought bad economy and poverty too many countries, we were somwhat forced too pay 100 billions right before crisis struck and our officals in government knew that crisis is right at the door step, but noooo after EU contract we must help Greece.. like others did but that's how we signed the death sentence for us... Months later we had shortage of funds in national budget and then hell begun, massive companies went broke, small companies went broke, and now it is getting worse 5 years later... Since we entered it nothing good came out of it..

I really hope entire system falls apart and we get our previous currency back, dream that shall never be real again :cry: . Please dont try to save EU like some experts said system was trash when it started and it's even now.. Gains - 0 ; losses - Big time..

" Technology has exceeded our humanity. "

#17    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,570 posts
  • Joined:16 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free America

  • it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

Can always talk in the street if they bully pulpit you off the net. Although I feel such a drive as was described in  the Op dopes would not come without consequences. If Im too understand British/Irish politics I need to be able to read an uncensored version.


#18    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

    Integrity is all we have

  • Member
  • 2,598 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:White Cloud

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

If the EU was working well for Europeans it wouldnt need to monitor and interfere in conversations on social media. This "solution" is straight out of 1984


#19    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,570 posts
  • Joined:16 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free America

  • it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

Not understanding the poliics over there how close is this to being rule ? Or is it just one of those nutter proposals like we get so many of in the USA.


#20    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

    Spud the Mackem

  • Member
  • 3,579 posts
  • Joined:28 Oct 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Yeo Valley,Darkest Somerset.

  • man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 22 February 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

the EU budget for propaganda as gone through the roof. they are using the tactics of 3 to 1. in spending terms. you'd think if the EU was so good, people would already realise without being told. -  i had to laugh last week, while watching highlights of EU debates/rules being passed, i couldn't believe what i witnessed, while Rome burns (europe falling apart) they debated and passed a new EU rule, that a Jigsaw puzzle of Five hundred pieces or more will no longer be classed as a Toy. and unsuitable for Children. if its 500 pieces or less it will still be classed as a Toy. you couldn't make it up could you.
  Yep,they have passed loads of rules like this instead of getting Europe up and running as a world competitor,I guess they employ someone to count all the pieces before releasing them for sale.I also fell about laughing when they ruled that a knife blade exceeding 10cm (4 inches) is a weapon,but under that its not ????..so my carving knife is a weapon but my tatie peeler isnt,crazy logic.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#21    Soccergirl13

Soccergirl13

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined:02 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Gran Canaria

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

Dont get me started on those idiots in Brussel. I have seen my fair share of documents about those so called politicians and how they go to meetings signing the attendance charts and leave afterwards to get the money. Also its interesting that most of them earn MORE money AFTER tax than before tax. How is that even possible? Especially with way too high wages in the first place. I have never met a person who is happy about the eu. No matter if from rich countries or thanks to the eu now poor ones. Everyone wants their own currency back


#22    Taun

Taun

    A dashing moose about town...

  • Member
  • 5,735 posts
  • Joined:19 May 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tornado Alley (Oklahoma)

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

View Postspud the mackem, on 22 February 2013 - 10:35 AM, said:

Guess you are right but then the U.S hasnt got 27 different nations and languages to worry about.

A major advantage we had was that we had no previous identity of being separate nations and we largely came from  the same culture... Whereas with Europe it's really only been in my lifetime that it's been "United"... It has thousands of years of separate (and often hostile) cultures, separate languages, currencies, trading practices, etc...   You don't  just throw all of that out the window overnight... Plus (as I understand it) the Eu started off simply as a trade organization, that grew in a hodge-podge way into a governing body....talk about serious "mission creep"! :o


#23    shrooma

shrooma

    doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

  • Member
  • 3,570 posts
  • Joined:14 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:leeds, UK.

  • Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE-
Key to a new strategy will be
"public opinion monitoring tools"
to "identify at an early stage
whether debates of political nature
among followers in social media
and blogs have the potential to
attract media and citizens'
interest".
.
to be fair, all they're going to be doing is listening in to gauge public opinion, not to send in the stormtroopers if someone says 'all MEP's are lying, thieving ****s', and I think this is a good thing, because then, the lying, thieving ****s at the EP will know just how much we all hate the lying, thieving ****s!!

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#24    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ, 2222

  • Member
  • 2,465 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:35 AM

View Postshrooma, on 23 February 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:

QUOTE-
to be fair, all they're going to be doing is listening in to gauge public opinion, not to send in the stormtroopers if someone says 'all MEP's are lying, thieving ****s', and I think this is a good thing, because then, the lying, thieving ****s at the EP will know just how much we all hate the lying, thieving ****s!!
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.. (Not attacking you personally in this post bro, just attacking a bit of logic here to make sure everyone doesn't loose sight of what's going on here.) :tu: thanks..

From artical..
"Parliament's institutional communicators must have the ability to monitor public conversation and sentiment on the ground and in real time, to understand 'trending topics' and have the capacity to react quickly, in a targeted and relevant manner, to join in and influence the conversation, for example, by providing facts and figures to deconstructing myths."

These forums are a public space where opinions and thoughts are shared...

These kind of influencing actions by polititians should NOT BE ALOUD! because this is blatantly an organised effort by TPTB into public space at the publics expence to influence public thought and opinion.. It really get's on my nerves when people advertise in these forums.. What the EU is proposing here is no different.. it's Advertising at it's worse because it is disguised as healthy debate..  

Let us see in UM's own Rules board how many rules the European Union will be breaking by doing this during the elections next year...

Quote

  • 3i. Forum groups: The formation or promotion of organised groups, clans or gangs is disallowed.
  • 3j. Thread derailment: Do not derail or 'hijack' threads with posts that are either off-topic or designed to draw attention away from what is being discussed
  • 3k. Forum warfare: Do not initiate or participate in "wars" with other members. Collective or individual attempts to attack, accuse, discredit or force a certain viewpoint on other members are disallowed. A "war" can constitute a prolonged series of disruptive confrontations between specific members or groups of members with similar beliefs or views, usually with either side accusing the other of being the aggressor and attacking, criticising and baiting each other on a regular basis. Action will be taken against members who instigate or participate in this type of activity.
  • 5d. Topic bashing: Do not enter a thread just to shout "fake!" or to state point blank that "x does not exist". Elaborate on your response.



#25    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

    Mean as Hell

  • Member
  • 2,355 posts
  • Joined:04 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sydney

  • I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:37 AM

View PostSoccergirl13, on 22 February 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

Dont get me started on those idiots in Brussel. I have seen my fair share of documents about those so called politicians and how they go to meetings signing the attendance charts and leave afterwards to get the money. Also its interesting that most of them earn MORE money AFTER tax than before tax. How is that even possible? Especially with way too high wages in the first place. I have never met a person who is happy about the eu. No matter if from rich countries or thanks to the eu now poor ones. Everyone wants their own currency back

Only a bit more than half of Brits aren't happy to be in the EU and most of those are Conservatives who can't stand the idea they have to share fame and fortune with Belgiums, Bulgarians and Lithuanians and most of these can't accept the idea they aren't allowed to have special privileges and pick and choose what part of the EU they want to have a piece of.  No wonder the rest of Europe is also waving and saying good riddance.

If Britain withdrew from the EU, I'm not too convinced they would come out it unscathed.  Here's an interesting perspective from Bloomberg looking at both eventualities.

Link

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#26    shrooma

shrooma

    doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

  • Member
  • 3,570 posts
  • Joined:14 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:leeds, UK.

  • Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:33 AM

s**t prof, i've only been here a week, and i've broke half them rules myself!!
*slopes off out the back door hoping nobody spots him....*

Edited by shrooma, 23 February 2013 - 06:34 AM.

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#27    shrooma

shrooma

    doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

  • Member
  • 3,570 posts
  • Joined:14 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:leeds, UK.

  • Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:38 AM

(ps, didn't see the bit about them joining in, sorry!)

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#28    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

    Mainly Spherical in Shape

  • Member
  • 25,038 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:there

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

View PostBlackRedLittleDevil, on 23 February 2013 - 05:37 AM, said:

Only a bit more than half of Brits aren't happy to be in the EU and most of those are Conservatives who can't stand the idea they have to share fame and fortune with Belgiums, Bulgarians and Lithuanians and most of these can't accept the idea they aren't allowed to have special privileges and pick and choose what part of the EU they want to have a piece of.  No wonder the rest of Europe is also waving and saying good riddance.

If Britain withdrew from the EU, I'm not too convinced they would come out it unscathed.  Here's an interesting perspective from Bloomberg looking at both eventualities.

Link
is that really what you believe, (both the tedious political stereotyping and the idea that the 'rest of Europe' is so blissfully happy with the European Empire), or is that just what you want to believe because it would be too uncomfortable to have to consider that the Great European Project may not be joyously popular with all its subjects, and indeed that it may be in the final stages of disintegration due to its internal corruption like the Roman empire in the 5th century? These "rest of Europe" who are "waving good riddance"; who are they, and why are they so blissfully happy to be part of the Great European Empire? They're in those wealthy countries that rule the Empire, and which the Empire is designed to benefit by extorting the smaller countries that were persuaded to join with promises of unlimited bailouts from the Central European Bank, aren't they. Very much, in fact, like the Roman empire. Except that the Roman empire actually interfered a lot less in the way its subject peoples went about their business.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


:cat:


#29    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

    Blue fish

  • Member
  • 14,361 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

  • fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:59 AM

I would like to see a unified Europe, in some sort of confederation where they cooperate internationally and help serve as another offset to the great powers, but they do seem to be making a mess of it, forcing the poorer members into even greater poverty.


#30    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

    Mean as Hell

  • Member
  • 2,355 posts
  • Joined:04 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sydney

  • I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 23 February 2013 - 07:51 AM, said:

is that really what you believe, (both the tedious political stereotyping and the idea that the 'rest of Europe' is so blissfully happy with the European Empire), or is that just what you want to believe because it would be too uncomfortable to have to consider that the Great European Project may not be joyously popular with all its subjects, and indeed that it may be in the final stages of disintegration due to its internal corruption like the Roman empire in the 5th century? These "rest of Europe" who are "waving good riddance"; who are they, and why are they so blissfully happy to be part of the Great European Empire? They're in those wealthy countries that rule the Empire, and which the Empire is designed to benefit by extorting the smaller countries that were persuaded to join with promises of unlimited bailouts from the Central European Bank, aren't they. Very much, in fact, like the Roman empire. Except that the Roman empire actually interfered a lot less in the way its subject peoples went about their business.

The EU isn't an Empire and not even close to the way the Romans controlled Europe.  There hasn't been a war involving any of the EU members in 6 decades, which is almost unheard of in European history.
I think it would have been quite unrealistic to expect that all these nations made up of a mixture of different cultures and backgrounds, although mainly of Caucasian origin, would have managed to all come together, in unison, almost overnight, without coming across some difficulties.  Give it time.
As I said, the ones who appear to be willing to give it a chance are,,,everyone except for the British Conservatives.  Even the Germans and French are wiling to give it a go and tag along the smaller nations.  Both have better economies than the British but don't appear to playing the precious part or moaning and groaning at each difficulty by threatening to leave every five seconds.

Hey, just my impression and what I read from an outside perspective. :yes:

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde





Also tagged with propaganda.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users