Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Tensions between Japan and China/South Korea

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:09 AM

http://www.upi.com/T...55661345722929/

If no one has noticed,I follow Japan news closely . Tensions between Japan and China,and Japan and South Korea,has been building,for the better part of the last month .
Both are for different reasons,but its getting ugly .
You can google both,to get the gist of them both,but last week, a Korean man,protesting Japan ,in Japan,was assaulted by a mob .
South Korea refused communications from the prime minister,and China refused to host them coming to Bejing for a visit.
Tensions over there,are quite unhealthy .

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 25 August 2012 - 12:10 AM.

Miss me?

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,800 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:38 AM

it doesn't help that the Chinese have long memories and the Japanese refuse to acknowledge war crimes commited during WW2.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:14 AM

I've been hearing about tensions among the three for a while now over territory.  They could end up in a war if this isn't resolved.  Hope they keep us out of it.

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,971 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:17 AM

Hopefully everyone is too busy trying to make money to actually start throwing missiles at each other.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#5    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:35 AM

View PostHilander, on 25 August 2012 - 01:14 AM, said:

I've been hearing about tensions among the three for a while now over territory.  They could end up in a war if this isn't resolved.  Hope they keep us out of it.
This is the problem,we can't stay out of it .
There are also issues between Japan and Russia,over the kuril islands .
The stuff going on in the last few weeks,is very sticky .

Miss me?

#6    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:45 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 25 August 2012 - 12:38 AM, said:

it doesn't help that the Chinese have long memories and the Japanese refuse to acknowledge war crimes commited during WW2.
Unfortunately ,a few certain men,high up,abused power ,to a point of no return . My understanding is ,those men,after the war,became yakuza family heads.
It's a reflection on how business is still done today,use sex ,slaves of a kind,and intimidation .

This is the crux of all of this,with China especially .China has never forgiven Japan .
And the Japanese did horrible things to the Koreans as well .
Unit 371/731 ,used a huge percentage of Koreans in their experiments ,and lest we not forget Korean comfort women ,which they still deny,ever existed
I love Japan,but her underbelly  leave much to be desired,even in modern Japan .

Rent a movie called ,City of Life and Death. Even with all I know,parts left me utterly speechless and at a loss.

And I still mourn Iris Chang.
Everything she learned,while researching The Rape of Nanking,forever altered her . She had major success ,and showed the world the truth,but then blew her own brains out ,after she just couldn't shake the depression that followed...

http://www.washingto...-2004Nov11.html

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 25 August 2012 - 02:00 AM.

Miss me?

#7    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,971 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:00 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 25 August 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

Unfortunately ,a few certain men,high up,abused power ,to a point of no return . My understanding is ,those men,after the war,became yakuza family heads.
It's a reflection on how business is still done today,use sex ,slaves of a kind,and intimidation .

This is the crux of all of this,with China especially .China has never forgiven Japan .
And the Japanese did horrible things to the Koreans as well .
Unit 371,used a huge percentage of Koreans in their experiments ,and lest we not forget Korean comfort women ,which they still deny,ever existed
I love Japan,but her underbelly  leave much to be desired,even in modern Japan .

Rent a movie called ,City of Life and Death. Even with all I know,parts left me utterly speechless and at a loss.

And I still mourn Iris Chang.
Everything she learned,while researching The Rape of Nanking,forever altered her . She had major success ,and showed the world the truth,but then blew her own brains out ,after she just couldn't shake the depression that followed...

http://www.washingto...-2004Nov11.html
I think the Rape of Nanking was the first sign of truly demonic evil in WWII and in the "modern" world at large.  It was so horrific as to be breath taking....and it was just the beginning of sorrows of that time.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#8    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:05 AM

View Postand then, on 25 August 2012 - 02:00 AM, said:

I think the Rape of Nanking was the first sign of truly demonic evil in WWII and in the "modern" world at large.  It was so horrific as to be breath taking....and it was just the beginning of sorrows of that time.

They were in cities in other parts of China,and the Philippines .
My uncle was a marine during WW2,and he told me,we had to drop the bombs,because they just weren't going to stop .
Many men were just following orders,but sadly,some were just .....living completely lawless lives,and men like that in power,gave the orders.

Do note the paragraph at the bottom,noting how the us gave these guys immunity ,for germ warfare secrets,and these men ended up in the medical and pharmaceutical fields.

http://www.guardian....man-experiments

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 25 August 2012 - 02:08 AM.

Miss me?

#9    Legaia

Legaia

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

• "I have grown quite fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

-Sir Winston Churchill

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:30 AM

I have been following the news as well. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on the perspective, the tensions between China, Japan, Korea, and Russia have been there for centuries. A full-blown war is very unlikely today because of how closely tied the world is these days. A Korean strike on Japan would anger Japanese allies and vice versa.

War brings out the worst in people. It's a shame that Japan still won't own up, but what's done is done. Asia needs to let go of the past.

#10    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:52 AM

View PostLegaia, on 25 August 2012 - 03:30 AM, said:

I have been following the news as well. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on the perspective, the tensions between China, Japan, Korea, and Russia have been there for centuries. A full-blown war is very unlikely today because of how closely tied the world is these days. A Korean strike on Japan would anger Japanese allies and vice versa.

War brings out the worst in people. It's a shame that Japan still won't own up, but what's done is done. Asia needs to let go of the past.
It's never been this bad .
Hold on,let me get URLs...

http://www.japantoda...ist-to-senkakus

http://www.japantoda...das-protest-let

http://www.japantoda...radar-for-japan

http://www.japantoda...-disputed-isles

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 25 August 2012 - 04:02 AM.

Miss me?

#11    Legaia

Legaia

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

• "I have grown quite fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

-Sir Winston Churchill

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:03 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 25 August 2012 - 03:52 AM, said:

It's never been this bad .
Hold on,let me get URLs...

http://www.japantoda...ist-to-senkakus

http://www.japantoda...-disputed-isles

Thanks for the links, you saved me some work :). The good news is Ishihara is a controversial figure in Japan as well, similar to how some extremists are viewed in the West. I'll continue to follow the developments either way though.

Edit to add the fact that territory disputes have always been at least this bad over there.

Edited by Legaia, 25 August 2012 - 04:04 AM.

#12    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:05 AM

View PostLegaia, on 25 August 2012 - 04:03 AM, said:

Thanks for the links, you saved me some work :). The good news is Ishihara is a controversial figure in Japan as well, similar to how some extremists are viewed in the West. I'll continue to follow the developments either way though.

Edit to add the fact that territory disputes have always been at least this bad over there.

I posted more links ..

http://en.rocketnews...ernet-approves/

It's bad

http://www.cnn.com/2...pute/index.html

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 25 August 2012 - 04:12 AM.

Miss me?

#13    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:20 AM

There's rioting in China ,which is completely blacked out media wise in the USA.
Check the "in related news" links. Korean shops demanding you renounce Japan,or you're not served .Trashing of Japanese cars and restaurants in China .Calls to boycott Japanese goods in both countries ,and the USA wanting to fortify Japan's early warning radar systems ..

I've never seen it this bad .

Miss me?

#14    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,406 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:26 AM

View Postand then, on 25 August 2012 - 01:17 AM, said:

Hopefully everyone is too busy trying to make money to actually start throwing missiles at each other.

Capitalism trumps all but China is a quasi-marxist-capitalist nation and they are getting ready to explode.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#15    Legaia

Legaia

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

-Sir Winston Churchill

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:41 AM

View PostMerc14, on 25 August 2012 - 04:26 AM, said:

Capitalism trumps all but China is a quasi-marxist-capitalist nation and they are getting ready to explode.

China is certainly the proverbial wild card here because of their economic situation. In a hypothetical war between Japan and China, I honestly can't predict what the U.S. and its buddies would do in terms of sides. Scary stuff, indeed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users