Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Monsato = evil, They will be the death of us

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#1    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,458 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

From the article:

You’re a farmer. Season after season, you watch your fields being taken over by Monsanto superweeds, which are resistant to the herbicide Roundup.
What are you going to do? You’re locked in. You’re buying your GMO seeds from Monsanto, and the food crops that grow from those seeds are supposed to be resistant to Monsanto’s Roundup, so that’s what you spray on your crops.
But the weeds aren’t resistant. They spread and they grow taller. They’re taking over.
So you, along with many, many other US farmers, go to a strategy called “burndown,” which is just as bad as it sounds. You use something a lot stronger than Roundup to kill those weeds: Paraquat, for example, which has been banned in 32 countries.
You drench your fields with it in the fall. You kill anything growing. And you drench the fields again in the spring, before you plant. Then, just as you’re going to plant, you hit the fields a third time with the poison.
This is in addition to all the sprayings with Roundup, which is toxic, too.
Then you harvest the crops and you sell them. And consumers eat the food along with all the poison.

Please read the rest of the article here http://countdowntoze...nto-superweeds/

#2    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,311 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

Monsanto...aren't those blankety blanks tied in with the codex alimentarius?

eta: well it is the stated objective of the powers that be to reduce the world's population to 500 million or so :(

Edited by Gummug, 25 February 2013 - 10:54 PM.

Posted Image

#3    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

Yep......they are certainly putting themselves in a position to control many of the crops grown. A case just started last week to check the legality of their patent rights. One to keep an eye on methinks!

http://www.unexplain...opic=243271&hl=

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

#4    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,066 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

They sue Farmers who's fields have been contaminated with there seeds thanks to cross pollination and the wind.

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#5    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 9,956 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

I agree with the quote at the start of the article: ' For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow'.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#6    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

People like Monsanto had there heads chopped off during the French revolution. It would be an appropriate punishment for this scumbag. Publicly of course to deter any future ****s that want to mess with mother nature at the expense of there neighbor.

#7    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,715 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

Monsanto is a cancer on this earth. The widespread corruption means no one is going to do anything about it.

#8    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

• Doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream.

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:00 AM

View PostOrcseeker, on 26 February 2013 - 02:10 AM, said:

Monsanto is a cancer on this earth. The widespread corruption means no one is going to do anything about it.

However, the science is not.

Signature removed - please see rule 3b.

#9    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:29 AM

However, the science is not.

What science are you suggesting. The science of how you can make a plant immune to roundup so you can spray it indiscriminately ?

Edited by AsteroidX, 26 February 2013 - 03:29 AM.

#10    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 26 February 2013 - 03:29 AM, said:

What science are you suggesting. The science of how you can make a plant immune to roundup so you can spray it indiscriminately ?

Because farmers don't spray chemicals all over their crops anyway to protect them from insects, diseases and animals currently. Because engineering plants to produce high yields in small crop areas is a bad thing?

That's the science I want if you idiots want to keep yourselves in biofuels without bulldozing the whole of the Amazon to make way for cropland. Oh, and BTW, mankind has been tinkering with the genetic makeup of plants for centuries. It's how we've ended up with 200 different kinds of potato.

#11    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

Derp. And they did it the natural way. Not by altering the genetics and then pushing it on a public untested followed by lawsuits against farmers that got a stiff wind oneday and got there crops crosspollinated by this garbage. Talk about having to bulldoze out your land.

Never mind well just dump the whole lot on NZ and call it good. You can have Monsanto. Because we dont want him in America dont let that stop you from takling his garbage. But TBH we have plenty of farmland and have nothing to do with the Rainforests of Brazil. So might want start topic on that. This ones about Monsanto's lawsuit currently in the USA court system.

#12    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,836 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:09 AM

I think the answer is gonig to end up being "Hard Work" rather then chemicals. If more farms were small farms, we could still get the same amount of food generated, but there would be a lot more human effort involved and therefore hopefully Quality.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#13    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,138 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:00 AM

View PostMichaelW, on 26 February 2013 - 04:52 AM, said:

Because farmers don't spray chemicals all over their crops anyway to protect them from insects, diseases and animals currently. Because engineering plants to produce high yields in small crop areas is a bad thing?

That's the science I want if you idiots want to keep yourselves in biofuels without bulldozing the whole of the Amazon to make way for cropland. Oh, and BTW, mankind has been tinkering with the genetic makeup of plants for centuries. It's how we've ended up with 200 different kinds of potato.

You have no clue what you are talking about do you....  Monsanto you know the name in the title of the thread look it up. They are the scum of the earth and yes blow them off the face of the planet. Ok drama but really they suck and will kill your children.

http://www.youtube.c...c.1.WrDjmZCC1rA

Take your pick

Edited by The Silver Thong, 26 February 2013 - 06:02 AM.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#14    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

One of the more educational 2 hours I spent this month ST. Thank You. :tu:

#15    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 26 February 2013 - 06:00 AM, said:

You have no clue what you are talking about do you....

And I assume you do? Read my post again. I didn't say Monsanto weren't the scum of the Earth. But genetic engineering of plants and crops is the future, unless of course you want to starve to death because blights, diseases and insects have destroyed all the year's crops.

View PostAsteroidX, on 26 February 2013 - 04:58 AM, said:

Derp.

This is probably the most intelligent thing you have said. Summing up your entire post history in one word. How apt.

And they did it the natural way.

Still genetic engineering. They could achieve the same results by decades of selective breeding as they could altering the genetic makeup in a laboratory.

Never mind well just dump the whole lot on NZ and call it good.

Why not? If it repels rich Chinese businessmen, I'm sure you'd find a willing audience here.

Take your pick.

Ice pick. Someone's head. So may choices.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users